• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Can confirm; about 2/3 of Fort Campbell is in Tennessee. The post office is in Kentucky, hence the Kentucky address.

Source: Stationed at Fort Campbell for four years, proud member of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault).
    Well thanks for the info...I guess both states can claim the 101st.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    They cannot charge anyone with treason. Yeah, someone pointed it out, that statues got pulled down after the revolution.
    Yeah, someone pointed it out, that statues got pulled down after the revolution.
    I'm not suggesting the charge would stick, but I am sad no one has tried. I would point to the Constitution of the State of Indiana, Article 1, Sections 28 and 29.

I just want someone to make some attempt to hold the treasonous POS defiling the Whitehouse accountable for what he has done to this Nation. It shouldn't be hard to find two people to hold up pictures of the Taliban equipped with U.S. weapons. Especially after this week's testimony.

Yeah, I know I'm slightly delusional. I want the President of the United States of America to actually act in the best interest this Nation and protect this Nation from its enemies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I'm not suggesting the charge would stick, but I am sad no one has tried. I would point to the Constitution of the State of Indiana, Article 1, Sections 28 and 29.

I just want someone to make some attempt to hold the treasonous POS defiling the Whitehouse accountable for what he has done to this Nation. It shouldn't be hard to find two people to hold up pictures of the Taliban equipped with U.S. weapons. Especially after this week's testimony.

Yeah, I know I'm slightly delusional. I want the President of the United States of America to actually act in the best interest this Nation and protect this Nation from its enemies.
    Seeing as my post was quoted...
    What I was pointing out is that when they started pulling down statues (that's been years ago now) that was after the revolution. Most people just couldn't see what they was looking at.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

there’s no will. The majority would rather slow walk the direction we are headed than risk taking a firm stand

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Wow, didn't even show up with UCMJ Article 134 (Conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline and of a nature to bring discredit to the service.) Even though the Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell pre-dated the UCMJ by 25 years, that's what his Court-martial charge was for doing basically the same thing.

Marine who criticized military leaders on Afghanistan exit charged with six crimes

Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller, the outspoken Marine who went viral for criticizing military leadership during the U.S. exit from Afghanistan, is being charged with six crimes after his release from the brig.

Scheller will face a misdemeanor-level special court martial for his viral videos that blasted both civilian and military leadership.

Scheller is accused of displaying contempt toward officials, disrespecting superior commissioned officers, willfully disobeying a superior commissioned officer, dereliction in the performance of his duties and failure to obey an order or regulation, and displaying conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Wow, didn't even show up with UCMJ Article 134 (Conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline and of a nature to bring discredit to the service.) Even though the Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell pre-dated the UCMJ by 25 years, that's what his Court-martial charge was for doing basically the same thing.

Marine who criticized military leaders on Afghanistan exit charged with six crimes

Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller, the outspoken Marine who went viral for criticizing military leadership during the U.S. exit from Afghanistan, is being charged with six crimes after his release from the brig.

Scheller will face a misdemeanor-level special court martial for his viral videos that blasted both civilian and military leadership.

Scheller is accused of displaying contempt toward officials, disrespecting superior commissioned officers, willfully disobeying a superior commissioned officer, dereliction in the performance of his duties and failure to obey an order or regulation, and displaying conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.

Are these lesser charges than what was expected? Or worse?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are these lesser charges than what was expected? Or worse?
    Article 134 has long been a catch-all IMHO. Got an inappropriate tattoo? Dare point out the failings of a superior?

The UCMJ has two purposes: extended the US Constitution to foreign lands, provide a basis to prosecute uniquely-Military crimes. The latter gets pushed to things far beyond what the former allows, as we see in this case. AWOL/desertion is bad but not a crime in the civvie world, these are (and should be) crimes in the Military.

I've been retired (from the USAF, not retired-retired) over 14 years. My views on some things have changed needless to say.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Article 134 has long been a catch-all IMHO. Got an inappropriate tattoo? Dare point out the failings of a superior?

The UCMJ has two purposes: extended the US Constitution to foreign lands, provide a basis to prosecute uniquely-Military crimes. The latter gets pushed to things far beyond what the former allows, as we see in this case. AWOL/desertion is bad but not a crime in the civvie world, these are (and should be) crimes in the Military.

I've been retired (from the USAF, not retired-retired) over 14 years. My views on some things have changed needless to say.
    So it sounds like more charges, not less.

If I’m reading it correctly it sounds like you think he committed crimes (probably hard to argue that, pretty black and white).
    People “get away” with stuff all the time; do you think charges should be pursued?

I’m coming at the subject as a big fan of his from what I’ve seen from him. Maybe he broke the law, and maybe the law needed breaking (don’t @me with anarchist peoples). Similar to many in here will be “no thank you, I’ll keep my guns”.
    I think he is part of the solution.

Anyway, just interested in a professional experienced opinion on him.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yeah
    The charges look about right. You have to rember this dude has 17 years in and is a 0-5 LTC. Normally a Battalion Commander that has UCMJ authority over his people typically 500 plus.

He would have probably thrown the book at someone in his command if the roles were reversed.

It doesn’t matter to the UCMJ if it was pro American talk or pro taliban.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    If Ioose my job over this jab mandate, maybe I should pick up and move to the Stan. Sounds like their guns laws aren't near as onerous as ours. And at this rate, we won't have much other freedom left soon anyway. I could use a cheap M4 and a Barrett 50 cal.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Another forum noted that along with the obvious military gear abandoned, we also left civilian documents, apartments, office buildings and apparently a server farm full of stuff. Since Russia is supposedly hacking our infrastructure, It must have been left for China. On accident, I am sure

Top Bottom