• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Looking at building an AR PCC in 9mm. Any one have experience with the Aero EPC 9? I was also looking at the Fox Trot Mike. Want to keep it below 1k. Needs to take Glock mags and would prefer LRBHO.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yes follow the Twitter bot and get some great discounted parts. I’ve been buying Aero receivers and other parts all year and haven’t been disappointed yet.

I got my EPC receivers but haven’t got the rest of the parts yet.

There is an Aero precision underground page on Facebook that has a lot of good information.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In my experience, you can have Glock mags OR a LRBHO. The geometry of Glock fed isn’t conducive to hold open because the ar bolt needs the back of the mag follower, but Glock mags are designed to engage the front of the follower.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Glock mags DO NOT work on the EPC. The last round will not feed every time. I contacted AP and they suggested I switch to Magpul and I have had zero issues Since. AP parts are top notch IMO. I could not find AP BCG or Barrel when I built mine so I went with Faxon which is equally made as AP. Not had a lot of rounds through mine yet but was my 1st build and was super easy for an novice. Maybe parts have dropped an little but I was in the $1200 range. You could cheap up a few parts probably to get into the $1000 range. Good Luck with the build.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Glock mags DO NOT work on the EPC. The last round will not feed every time. I contacted AP and they suggested I switch to Magpul and I have had zero issues Since. AP parts are top notch IMO. I could not find AP BCG or Barrel when I built mine so I went with Faxon which is equally made as AP. Not had a lot of rounds through mine yet but was my 1st build and was super easy for an novice. Maybe parts have dropped an little but I was in the $1200 range. You could cheap up a few parts probably to get into the $1000 range. Good Luck with the build.
    it has a LOT To do with mag spring strength. I had one for a while, and it only worked reliably with 3 out of 10 mags I owned.

Good luck.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Orange is the Magpul, black is the Glock. These are pics from AP. The larger flat spot on the left front of the Magpul is what gives the AP LRBHO spring a place to catch. It worked for me so far.

Attachments

• D195A555-2C13-4F80-B6A5-2BECDBE9E5D4.jpeg
      D195A555-2C13-4F80-B6A5-2BECDBE9E5D4.jpeg
      154.3 KB · Views: 4
    • 9AD84FCE-B6A3-4AE8-92B9-48ABADABE9E6.jpeg
      9AD84FCE-B6A3-4AE8-92B9-48ABADABE9E6.jpeg
      171.2 KB · Views: 4

Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    I dont know where you are located, but im in south bend and have a PSA AR9 for sale. Takes glock mags, runs awesome.
    Its a 10.5 pistol with brace

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom