• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    So I'm reading this article, Newtown leader condemns professor who suggested school massacre was 'drill' | Fox News and while he may be a little “nutty” it did bring up a good point.

“In a posting titled “The Sandy Hook Massacre: Unanswered Questions and Missing Information,” Tracy questioned how Adam Lanza was able to fire off so many shots in such little time and noted a lack of surveillance video or still images from the gruesome crime scene.”

I don't know of a school that doesn't have security cameras if for nothing more than their own protection from lawsuits. From my reading, you had to be buzzed into the Sandy Hook school after being verified on video. I know that it is reported Adam Lanza shot his way into the school but shouldn't there still be footage of him walking towards the school with the rifle? What about once he was inside, shouldn't there be footage of him the hall with a rifle? If there was such footage of him with a rifle I would think that the gun control freaks like Fienstien, Biden, Obama, CNN, MSNBC, the Brady Bunch and all the others would have plaster those pictures everywhere to move their agenda forward. What better way to gather support than to show the mad man coming towards the school with gun in hand? Now if he only had handguns he could have approached much more easily with out raising too much suspicion. I don't know if Adam Lanza had a rifle or not but I do know I haven't seen a picture or video of him with one near Sandy Hook nor do I know anyone who has.

One other thing I wonder about, if someone shoots to enter a school building would you think the first thing the administration and teachers would do is lock down the class rooms? The schools I'm familiar with have safety glass in the doors and steel frames. I would think it would take a few shots to get in by that method so unless the school is sound proof why weren't the classrooms on lock down once they saw and heard what was going on?

Just a couple of thoughts that made me go hmm today.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    If there is video footage, I doubt it would be released to the media. That would be the worst thing they could do.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If there is video footage, I doubt it would be released to the media. That would be the worst thing they could do.

I guess I should have made it a bit more clear. Not footage of the shooting or the aftermath but of Lanza approaching the school, walking down a hallway or in the lobby before the shootings. Just asking did he have a rifle or not? A picture or video of him approaching the school would settle the question and the anti's something to really show the public.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I guess I should have made it a bit more clear. Not footage of the shooting or the aftermath but of Lanza approaching the school, walking down a hallway or in the lobby before the shootings. Just asking did he have a rifle or not? A picture or video of him approaching the school would settle the question and the anti's something to really show the public.

Again, if there was footage of him in the school lot...it's evidence and it's not being released yet. The video is school 's property and they can decide to release it or not.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Apparently you can listen to recordings of police communications on the day of the shooting. According to a person who has listened to the recordings:

"At 4:00 mins into the 5th tape (~2 hrs. 15 min. since shooting called over radio), an officer states “They (HQ) were inquiring about video camera’s at the Sandy Hook School. There are no video camera’s that record; the only video camera’s are to let people in…which does not record…”"

Sandy Hook: The Connecticut Shooting | It Was Only A Dream

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    So I'm reading this article, Newtown leader condemns professor who suggested school massacre was 'drill' | Fox News and while he may be a little “nutty” it did bring up a good point.

One other thing I wonder about, if someone shoots to enter a school building would you think the first thing the administration and teachers would do is lock down the class rooms? The schools I'm familiar with have safety glass in the doors and steel frames. I would think it would take a few shots to get in by that method so unless the school is sound proof why weren't the classrooms on lock down once they saw and heard what was going on?

Just a couple of thoughts that made me go hmm today.

well i'd say you're correct about the front door and being able to enter the building.
    but given what little information we have on the RIGHT story does indeed lead to alot of "hmmm's" but peronally I feel the exact opposite. Do not lock the children in the class rooms, any school I have been in has crappy wooden doors with windows in them.. this would just make for easier execution of his plan. I think they chould have evacuated half the building/ or atleast relocated the children (somewhere) in the time it took him to get through the main doors. so many different methods and stories told it's hard to sit back and evaluate this situation.
    However the bottom line is the school faculty wasn't doing their job correctly and the school simply lacked security.
    not really another way to put it. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Those of you (like this dipstick "professor") that are suggesting it wasn't real need to go talk to a real live person who lost their child that day. Try telling THEM it's not real.

Bunch of freaking insensitive piles of human debris....

Some of these conspiracy nuthatches (INCLUDING here on INGO) need to pull their head out of their rectum and remember that there are VERY REAL people involved who lost VERY REAL kids.

Some days I'm ashamed of this place.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Those of you (like this dipstick "professor") that are suggesting it wasn't real need to go talk to a real live person who lost their child that day. Try telling THEM it's not real.

Bunch of freaking insensitive piles of human debris....

Some of these conspiracy nuthatches (INCLUDING here on INGO) need to pull their head out of their rectum and remember that there are VERY REAL people involved who lost VERY REAL kids.

Some days I'm ashamed of this place.

No one said it wasn't real. The question I posed was did he have an "evil black rifle"? A pic of him approaching the school with one or in the hallway would answer that question. First you have it was committed with 2 handguns, then with a rifle and yet another news station after that stating it was 4 handguns and no rifle was involved.

I'm just curious if a rifle was involved or not. How the whole tragic event actually occurred makes more sense if he just had handguns. Easier to approach the building without raising alarms, buzzed in by staff because he looked non-threatening, (shooting through the front door shouldn't have been easy to do quickly). If he did shoot his way in a handgun makes less noise than a rifle so class rooms further in the building may not have heard.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Apparently you can listen to recordings of police communications on the day of the shooting. According to a person who has listened to the recordings:

"At 4:00 mins into the 5th tape (~2 hrs. 15 min. since shooting called over radio), an officer states “They (HQ) were inquiring about video camera’s at the Sandy Hook School. There are no video camera’s that record; the only video camera’s are to let people in…which does not record…”"

Sandy Hook: The Connecticut Shooting | It Was Only A Dream

Thanks, that answers why there isn't a video or picture of him with a rifle approaching the building.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    No one said it wasn't real. The question I posed was did he have an "evil black rifle"? A pic of him approaching the school with one or in the hallway would answer that question. First you have it was committed with 2 handguns, then with a rifle and yet another news station after that stating it was 4 handguns and no rifle was involved.

I'm just curious if a rifle was involved or not. How the whole tragic event actually occurred makes more sense if he just had handguns. Easier to approach the building without raising alarms, buzzed in by staff because he looked non-threatening, (shooting through the front door shouldn't have been easy to do quickly). If he did shoot his way in a handgun makes less noise than a rifle so class rooms further in the building may not have heard.

The title of the blog is: It was only a dream... If I was a parent that lost a child that day and I met the author of that blog - at a minimum the author would learn some words they hadn't heard before. Conspiracy theorists need to remember from time to time that the things that they are questioning are ALL TOO REAL to some folks. This isn't a freaking game. How would you feel? I'm not aiming this a you personally. But every one of the conspiracy dweebs that likes to "ask questions" and make blithe open - ended bullcrap statements needs to think a little before they speak.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Not arguing that the professor isn't a bit of a nut but the real question of this thread is was a rifle used or was it handguns?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The title of the blog is: It was only a dream... If I was a parent that lost a child that day and I met the author of that blog - at a minimum the author would learn some words they hadn't heard before. Conspiracy theorists need to remember from time to time that the things that they are questioning are ALL TOO REAL to some folks. This isn't a freaking game. How would you feel? I'm not aiming this a you personally. But every one of the conspiracy dweebs that likes to "ask questions" and make blithe open - ended bullcrap statements needs to think a little before they speak.

Some people need to work things out differently, conspiracy seems all too legitimate of a theory anymore so chill out a little.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    One thing that makes me go "hmmmm???" is... what happened to the guy the cops chased down in the woods behind the school early on. Witness reports live on camera (CBS) that the police had him in cuffs and walked him to a squad car. He was dressed in camo pants (urban digital maybe?) and a black jacket (bdu?). Fit the description of what the shooter in the school was wearing.

AP video of the chase and capture behind the school
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KMH3NQ2YXxI

Eyewitness testimony on CBS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqY9Xvr0Ts8
    Witness looks off camera, points, and says, "Yeah, he's sitting in the front of the police car over there now." Sitting in the front seat of the cruiser???

On the police radio an officer reports one of the shooters is running to the back of the school; you can also hear this on the police radio, "They're coming at me through this wood." THEY.

At 44 seconds into this raw tape, the police relay a teacher’s report that she saw “two shadows running past the gym”. At 55 seconds, the police officer reports a van coming toward him with two occupants, he then says at 1 minute 30 seconds he has them “proned out”. At approximately 2 minutes, they report the New Jersey plates of the van, and the rental car company registration. These two men are in addition to the ONE man dressed in camo pants who the police arrested in the woods near the school. That makes THREE men in addition to the Adam Lanza. QUESTIONS: WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE MEN? WHO ARE THEY?

SHOCKING AUDIO: Gunman's rampage took only minutes, cop radio calls reveal - NYPOST.com

LA Times notes the man arrested in the woods behind the school is Chris Manfredonia,

"Chris Manfredonia, whose 6-year-old daughter attends the school, was heading there Friday morning to help make gingerbread houses with first-graders when he heard popping sounds and smelled sulfur. He ran around the school trying to reach his daughter and was briefly handcuffed by police."

Smelled sulphur outside the school? Inside, maybe. Outside, don't think so. Making gingerbread houses with your 6-year old dressed in camo??? WTF. Plus, if you're a dad with your 6-yr old daughter inside that school, why would you be running away from cops into the woods?

"Coincidentally", Manfredonia's home (A) is basically back to back with the Lanza house (B)... and his wife is a volunteer teacher at Sandy Hook. Kind of odd how early media reports let out that Lanza's mom was a volunteer kindergarten teacher at the school... she wasn't. Georgeann Manfredonia's LinkedIn profile states that she IS a kindergarten teacher.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35+C...=us&ei=mdvsULSgIYmgqgHcw4GQAg&ved=0CDMQ8gEwAA

Oh, the Honda Civic that the media continues to report as belonging to Lanza's mom (plate 872-YEO) is actually registered to a Chris A. Rodia, who has a long rap sheet for larceny, grand larceny, oxycodone abuse, etc.
    Police scanner audio reveals the registration info around the 30:20 mark.

How did he get that car? No way this kid pulled this massacre off himself. Too much doesn't fit and the whole story being perpetrated upon the American public smells like a big pile of stinking dog :poop:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Again, if there was footage of him in the school lot...it's evidence and it's not being released yet. The video is [STRIKE]school 's[/STRIKE] taxpayer property and [STRIKE]they [/STRIKE] we can decide to release it or not.

FIFY :):

I saw the post that said no recording cameras, so it kind of makes it a moot point, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Also of note was that Eric Holder made a special trip to meet with the first responders in the days after the attack. I would love to hear what was said during that meeting. Just seems odd that the AG would make a trip like that.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Also of note was that Eric Holder made a special trip to meet with the first responders in the days after the attack. I would love to hear what was said during that meeting. Just seems odd that the AG would make a trip like that.

Maybe he just wanted the PR opportunity, who knows with Holder. :dunno:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Until this investigation is over most everything is mere speculation. FWIW the media can't get simple story's right, much less complex ones like this.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Some people need to work things out differently, conspiracy seems all too legitimate of a theory anymore so chill out a little.

In fairness, you're right, I should let it drop. A good friend of mine from High School days KNEW one of the kids that died. Personally. Hence I get a little testy with folks suggesting that it was "only a dream". For a number of families it was a very real nightmare - and for folks to suggest otherwise is pretty offensive to me.

I'm normally pretty laid back around here. The above is the reason for me taking pretty strong exception with some folks in this case. I suspect if the roles were reversed and you KNEW that it was real, and KNEW that real people were suffering you might have a little less patience with the conspiracy stuff as well.

Do I think that the reporting of this has a bunch of holes and has not been well done - heck YES! But frankly, the faster news cycle and the dumbing down of the journalistic profession have affected that. Newspaper dudes had the time to THINK and VERIFY before they published back in the day. They were also not hired for how they'd look on television - but rather for their investigative skill. We probably agree on this.

Occam's Razor applies.

I'll chill out for a bit.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom