• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    More than a correlation with drugs or parenting, I'm really interested in the relationship between MEDIA COVERAGE and political opportunism, and mass killings.

Killing during a robbery, a drug deal, or because someone slept with your wife - that's just murder. A "mass shooting", particularly at a school, - that's to make a statement. It's the "statement" part that's got me.

The MSM and politicians spin this into a much, much, bigger story just to serve their agenda. The audience reacts, and gives it more juice, then the MSM and politicians milk it for every drop they can. They maximize coverage, and amplify it's meaningfulness as a statement.

As a consequence, other twisted souls that want to do something meaningful now have a model. Terrorists don't bomb buses and cafe's just to kill/wound a dozen people. They do it for the coverage. This has really bothered me since the Columbine news buffet.

I'd love to see the headline read "Looser Teen Killer Motivated By CNN's Sandy Hook Coverage"

Last edited:

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    First, people that don't smoke weed, or take other drugs, have been killing each other for thousands of years too. The people that kill each other in the drug trade are doing it over the money, not the drugs. Maybe we should ban money since so many people kill each other over it? (add purple if needed)

Second, MSM massages everything to fit their agenda. They are just about incapable of telling the truth about anything anymore. And yeah, I intentionally used the term mass shooters, not mass murderers, as an example of massaging language to fit an agenda. Because this is a gun forum specifically. I probably could have done a better job, but it was 6 am and I'm operating on 4 hours of sleep after working all day yesterday.

Lastly, some people are just evil; there is no explanation needed beyond that. But so many of us these days seem to think that there has to be some root cause, so they can "fix" it, when in reality the only real fix is to just put someone down the moment they start showing signs. But that would make us as bad as them.

That leaves us with only one real course of action that doesn't make us evil too, and that's to arm up, train, and be prepared to destroy evil the moment it comes our way. This means everyone, not just a small percentage of us. If everyone stood up, evil would lose. But instead most people cower in their homes expecting others to stand up for them. And 20+ dead in Uvalde is the result.
    Glad you agree!

(Except your take on the money part)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Wow! With all the mind altering psychotic drugs they have today you can state that? Wow!

My points have been about psychotic prescriptions given to kids, not rec drugs.

Yeah, I'm aware, and I'm saying none of that is going to override your moral compass to the point of mass murder unless something else is going on.

It may be the final straw, but it isn't the cause.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Yeah, I'm aware, and I'm saying none of that is going to override your moral compass to the point of mass murder unless something else is going on.

It may be the final straw, but it isn't the cause.

Someone with a moral compass would be less likely to self-medicate in the first place...

Top Bottom