• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I can't help but wonder what the hell is wrong with her parents. The jackwad lawyer says, "Oh, you can't make her feel different." Isn't she the one that claimed she was different?
    "I'm different!". Ok, well, we'll treat you different. "NO! You can't do that!" Somebody in this situation is crazy. I don't think it's the school staff. She was offered accommodations. She declined the accommodations.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bathrooms comport with plumbing; end of story - especially for minors.

The student was offered a perfectly acceptable option: use of the universal/non-gender, single-stall bathroom. There is no discrimination here.

As for use of pronouns: the student is welcome to the student's preferences, but those compelling those preferences on others (teachers or students) is a violation of their freedom of speech.

As for the soccer team: I say, let the student try out for the boy's soccer team. If the student makes the team, allow the student to play, after signing an indemnification of liability for any injuries sustained.
    While I do generally agree with you on this. I was talking to a H.S. student who is a "trans allie" about a lawsuit similar to this one. They agreed that being told they could use either the bathroom matching their biological sex or a single person bathroom was acceptable, except for one thing that was mentioned in the suit. And that was distance to said single individual use bathroom. When they have to use the bathroom between classes if they weren't able to use the closest one, they would never make it in the time allowed. And/or depending on urgency, make it to a farther one at all.

They also don't agree with biological men competing against biological women.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I get not feeling at home in your body.

I felt like a freak through puberty, starting at age 11. Boys made fun of me for developing hair where they didn't. (Sex ed was still several years away.) Then, sprouted 11 inches in 1 year. Went through 3 sizes of pants, till my mom figured out I wasn't gaining width, so just bought longer pants and hemmed them. There was a full 3/4 inch gap front to lower teeth from being buck toothed, fixed with braces. Then being 6'4 1/2" tall and only 100lbs coming out of high school.

I hated my body going through that but it was still mine.

Facts of life, you may not always like what your body does, but it's yours.

A female will never know the trials and tribulations of being male, or vis versa. No amount of surgery will change that.

So, going from uncomfortable in their body to "I feel like the opposite sex" is just unbelievable to me. A sign that they need to sit in a therapists office until they figure out where the dysphoria comes from.

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I get not feeling at home in your body.

I felt like a freak through puberty, starting at age 11. Boys made fun of me for developing hair where they didn't. (Sex ed was still several years away.) Then, sprouted 11 inches in 1 year. Went through 3 sizes of pants, till my mom figured out I wasn't gaining width, so just bought longer pants and hemmed them. There was a full 3/4 inch gap front to lower teeth from being buck toothed, fixed with braces. Then being 6'4 1/2" tall and only 100lbs coming out of high school.

I hated my body going through that but it was still mine.

Facts of life, you may not always like what your body does, but it's yours.

A female will never know the trials and tribulations of being male, or vis versa. No amount of surgery will change that.

So, going from uncomfortable in their body to "I feel like the opposite sex" is just unbelievable to me. A sign that they need to sit in a therapists office until they figure out where the dysphoria comes from.
    That’s just it. We have therapists and head shrinks advising the preferred treatment is to enable the change rather than loose them to suicide.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't help but wonder what the hell is wrong with her parents. The jackwad lawyer says, "Oh, you can't make her feel different." Isn't she the one that claimed she was different?
    "I'm different!". Ok, well, we'll treat you different. "NO! You can't do that!" Somebody in this situation is crazy. I don't think it's the school staff. She was offered accommodations. She declined the accommodations.
    It's a very loud cry for center stage/spotlight level attention. Once achieved maintaining this attention is what matters hence refusal to accept meeting halfway and this fading away.
    JMHO but that whole 15 minutes thing seems to be the reasoning.

Our 15 year old went through all this gender :poop: at a school she was attending. Several females made the gender claims in the 7th grade and gained notoriety from it. They pushed it very hard as 8th graders and it had a debilitating effect on several young girls. My G-daughter was one of them saying she was gender neutral.
    In a different school now and all that crap is faded away and she admits it was a peer pressure thing.
    Social media is on area this was pushed by those girls.

Last edited:

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Does SHE want to use the boys locker room to shower after gym or soccer practice also. How far does this go?
    I would like to know this one as well ..........How much privacy will she "need"?
    Will it lead to an individual shower or special accommodations ? ...............This issue could be the deal breaker for a lawsuit win - IMHO .

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    While I do generally agree with you on this. I was talking to a H.S. student who is a "trans allie" about a lawsuit similar to this one. They agreed that being told they could use either the bathroom matching their biological sex or a single person bathroom was acceptable, except for one thing that was mentioned in the suit. And that was distance to said single individual use bathroom. When they have to use the bathroom between classes if they weren't able to use the closest one, they would never make it in the time allowed. And/or depending on urgency, make it to a farther one at all.

They also don't agree with biological men competing against biological women.
    Not using the appropriate biological bathroom is a choice the student makes, so I don't have a ton of sympathy. I fail to see the harm in sharing restroom facilities with those with whom you are biologically similar.

I agree with males not participating in female sports. But if females want to incur the risk involved in participating in male sports, again, that's a choice and a risk they can take.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It's a very loud cry for center stage/spotlight level attention. Once achieved maintaining this attention is what matters hence refusal to accept meeting halfway and this fading away.
    JMHO but that whole 15 minutes thing seems to be the reasoning.

Our 15 year old went through all this gender :poop: at a school she was attending. Several females made the gender claims in the 7th grade and gained notoriety from it. They pushed it very hard as 8th graders and it had a debilitating effect on several young girls. My G-daughter was one of them saying she was gender neutral.
    In a different school now and all that crap is faded away and she admits it was a peer pressure thing.
    Social media is on area this was pushed by those girls.
    This is the root cause of near 100% of the current trend of gender dysphoria.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, considering the incidence for suicide pre and post "transition" is similar, their treatment is not backed by data...
    Yep, that is why the father of modern sex "reassignment" surgery has came out against it.
    Not using the appropriate biological bathroom is a choice the student makes, so I don't have a ton of sympathy. I fail to see the harm in sharing restroom facilities with those with whom you are biologically similar.

I agree with males not participating in female sports. But if females want to incur the risk involved in participating in male sports, again, that's a choice and a risk they can take.
    As I said I generally agree with you. But since they are making allowances I could see it being a valid complaint. At least legally valid in a courtroom.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    This was the plan. I read this and think how the heck did they pull this off? They co-opted education, entertainment, and news. Just a band of societal misfits that ****ed up your world…

Very good six minute read ! Explains a lot about how we have gotten to where we are now. And, sadly, where “we” may well be going.

Top Bottom