• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    I watched it. It obviously echoes a lot of the anger that we all feel over Uvalde. However, there are some political concepts they just don't understand. I'll put these in terms of my state's (GA) laws.

GA has 159 counties. It has 181 school systems as some cities have their own school systems. State law gives control of the school security plan to the local school boards; not the local LE. Yes, the cops "should" be training in the schools, but if the school officials won't allow it, the cops can't force it.

In the county where I work, we obtained exterior keys to the school buildings, but then then one of the schools changed the locks without informing us and providing new keys. We do not now, nor have we ever had, interior keys to the school buildings, and we have no legal mechanism to force the schools to provide them.
    The podcast referred to the mayor/council numerous times. The mayor/council have control over a city PD, but here they have no control over the schools, and neither do the county commissioners.

Top Bottom