• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    lol thanks! and a big thanks to TheUziButton!!

My avatar for the last year or so was from him as well at the last NFA day.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    lol thanks! and a big thanks to TheUziButton!!

My avatar for the last year or so was from him as well at the last NFA day.

You are very welcome! And thank you for being such a photogenic model. I will take pictures of you any day. ;-)

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    who owns that revolver? does it have an action like the mosin revolver where it will seal the chamber when fired?

That would be me. That's a Nagant revolver and yes, the cylinder makes a gas seal with the barrel when the trigger is pulled (well, when the hammer is cocked at least). When shot with the actual 7.62x38R rounds, the revolver can be suppressed (and quite effectively... it's extremely quiet with a can on it).

Here's a video from the 2012 Hush Indiana shoot where there is a close up of the action:

[video=youtube;P2U0Khuv6Hg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2U0Khuv6Hg[/video]

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    That would be me. That's a Nagant revolver and yes, the cylinder makes a gas seal with the barrel when the trigger is pulled (well, when the hammer is cocked at least). When shot with the actual 7.62x38R rounds, the revolver can be suppressed (and quite effectively... it's extremely quiet with a can on it).

Here's a video from the 2012 Hush Indiana shoot where there is a close up of the action:

[video=youtube;P2U0Khuv6Hg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2U0Khuv6Hg[/video]

That is remarkably quiet!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

excellent! thanks for the info! So a couple more questions. What suppressor do you use? how did you thread the barrel? and what threads?

thanks!!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It's just my Coastal Gun MIMS subgun can. It is too big for normal pistol suppression but it's all I have until the ATF approves my other two stamps.

It's threaded in 1/2x28 and I had it done by ZR Tactical Solutions in Noblesville. They've done a ton of threading work for me.

zrtacticalsolutions.com/Gunsmith_Work.php

For at least 3 of the services listed, I'm pretty sure I was the trial run. :-)

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    so a 'normal' 9mm can will work for this then? if so I might have to consider threading mine ;)

Absolutely. I should probably have been more clear in my reply, but I was sending it from my phone.

Any normal 9mm pistol can will work perfectly. The subgun can is a bit of overkill and is really too long and heavy for the revolver. But since the barrel is fixed, it works (unlike with a lot of semi autos, which won't cycle without a lighter can or a neilson device to provide enough back pressure). I've got a Huntertown Guardian 9 in process, so I fully expect that to my go to can for the Nagant.

Now, the only other stipulation I would add is that you probably should avoid the Russian surplus 7.62x38R ammo and pay a little bit more for the new made Privi Partisan rounds. The Russian surplus is corrosive, which won't do your barrel or the suppressor much good. Granted, you might pay closer to $.50 per round for new ammo, versus about $.30 per round for the surplus, if you find the new stuff on sale (as I did) and buy 500 rounds, you'll pretty much give yourself years of shooting, since I doubt you'll really be putting that many rounds through the Nagant at the range each time. It's really more of a cool range toy, than a practical gun.

Top Bottom