• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    The sun has just stared to pierce the dark crisp air exposing my breathe in limbo, Neither falling or rising, as it drifts away into the snowy landscape. Moving lazily as if to greet the slow persistent noise that is gathering while the woods wake up around me. I grip my bow and turn my head as a lonesome twig breaks on the game trail to my left. My heart climbing as i stand and bring my release to the string in anticipation of my impending victory.

Then my effing alarm went off and i came crashing back to reality that it was Tuesday and deer season is over for now. Any body else having withdraws already?

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    you know what always gets me is laying down to sleep after a couple all day sits during the season. I am always hearing leaves crunch and birds or crows in my mind as soon as I close my eyes then of course I wake up in a panic thinking I was in a tree and fell asleep lol!!

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    I get the same way! Thinking about season's getting ready to start! I'm now thinking about Turkey Season and I'm fired up. When turkey season's over though I'll be ready to get back in the tree!

UK2K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    LOL, just took in a doe to be processed last night after work and hearing the word's "see you next year" were saddening.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    you know what always gets me is laying down to sleep after a couple all day sits during the season. I am always hearing leaves crunch and birds or crows in my mind as soon as I close my eyes then of course I wake up in a panic thinking I was in a tree and fell asleep lol!!

I am SOOOO glad I am not the only one! I am sad this season is over, but now it is time for 3D and getting ready for next season. It does feel kind of nice to sleep in a little later too!

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I keep going through each hunt in my mind thinking of what changes I should make next year.

Thinking of yote hunting now

Also looking forward to spring gobbler

tightlines

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    West of Indy
    I tagged out the first weekend of gun season and haven't had the time to sit in the woods since unfortunately. I still have an occasional dream where I am sitting in the stand and a monster buck walks in. Those dreams are always the most vivid of my dreams too. What I have can best be described as a sickness.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I struck out for the first year this year.....saw a few giant bucks and a few doe so I am excited for bow season to kick back up.

The PGA Tour kicked off last week so now I am super pumped for the Masters Tournament in April and some Turkey hunting.

Top Bottom