• ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    What was GFGT saying about ostracizing?
    Oh, you mean like jumping right to calling anyone not following the old official narrative (he's not even on the current official narrative) "conspiracy nutters"? Yeah... **** that. You wanna be a dick and call anyone not believing your lies a nutter you can go to hell. **** ALL the way off.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Possibly I'm just not a tin-foil hat nutter. All this conspiracy theory nonsense is ridiculous.
    'Tin-foil hat nutter' and 'conspiracy theory' are pejoratives used to shut down debate, not have a reasoned one - usually when the poster has no logical refutation of points being raised

Next, I would expect you'll be telling us which theories have been 'debunked' solely on the evidence that the CDC or WaPo or the NYT says so

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh, you mean like jumping right to calling anyone not following the old official narrative (he's not even on the current official narrative) "conspiracy nutters"? Yeah... **** that. You wanna be a dick and call anyone not believing your lies a nutter you can go to hell. **** ALL the way off.

:chillpill:
    There's no one forcing you to stoop to that level (or lower).

'Tin-foil hat nutter' and 'conspiracy theory' are pejoratives used to shut down debate, not have a reasoned one - usually when the poster has no logical refutation of points being raised

I'll agree with that I'd you'll agree that TDS is used for the same effect.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    :chillpill:
    There's no one forcing you to stoop to that level (or lower).

I'll agree with that I'd you'll agree that TDS is used for the same effect.
    **** that. We've been harassed, brow beaten and marginalized for 3 ****ing years. They can kiss our ***. If they didn't want us to be here, they wouldn't have carried on this way for three ****ing years.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It's been interesting following political and social discourse both domestically as well as globally since the early 2000's. I may not have been following this discourse as long as some of the old timers on this site, but even with the short span of political history that I've witnessed and paid attention to (2016 to present), there has been a grim trend of further escalation. Judging current events and comparing to historical anecdotes, I've come to the conclusion that we are in the midst of a full fledged communist takeover/falling empire in this country. I'm sure many here have also witnessed this, but I wanted to make a thread focusing on this trend and where it will head next. I will probably be 'preaching the choir' to a lot on here.

The 'Trend' I mention is that even though violence has always occurred in our country, it is starting to become more organized, homogenous, and motivated since only a few years ago. Organized as in certain lines are starting to be drawn in the sand (Left vs. Right, Gay vs. Straight, Trans vs. Normal). Homogenous as in it's starting to occur in outside the expected demographics and in more neutral areas (Portland vs. Small Midwest Town), Motivated as in violence isn't being committed out of passion or because a mob has gotten out of control, individuals are targeted by zealots for the beliefs and then paraded by their relevant priest class. Take this recent Nashville shooting as an example. Now I cannot say for certainty that this was politically motivated, but you have many people coming out and promoting and supporting the shooter regardless of her motivations, simply because it was against their political adversaries. This really didn't happen a few years ago. There may have been murmurs, but now it unfortunately appears the 'Time for Talk' has ended for many. Even though all political factions have zealots that will fight to the death for their specific tribe, one side is definitely more engaged than the other.

The cause of this trend, however has many faces. The primary one being something called 'Scapegoating', which is something that always occurs before a communist revolution or a collapse of an empire. It was how Hitler came to power. He blamed the Jews, Gypsies, Mentally Infirmed for all the problems of society. Most people either believed in it with a fanatic passion, or went along to get along (See Stanley Milgram's Experiment). A quote coined recently by Steve Quayle conveys this perfectly: "Identify, Vilify, Nullify, Destroy". Identify anyone who would pose an effective resistance, Vilify them in the public eye and make them seem like the root of all evil, Nullify their ability to challenge their accusers in the court of public opinion (Censorship), Destroy the target now that it is publicly acceptable. Governments will use this process to cast blame for failing policies. Scapegoating is usually followed by genocide of the targeted population.

The point of this long post is to identify the trend, what may be causing it, and where it will go. At the risk of sounding like chicken little, I do not believe this will get better, and there is no stopping it without a fight. This is not a call to action or anything, I believe in being peaceful until you are forced to defense. Again, I am also not saying the Nashville shooting was 100% politically motivated, however the response from people actively calling for violence and being publicly okay with Christian kids being murdered shows that shows that the Overton Window has shifted from several years ago. I am also not saying it will be 'bullets and bombs' everywhere at once, more likely an exponential de-stabilization in certain regions and smaller cells in other regions (again Portland vs. Midwest Small Town). Keep your head on a swivel, it will get worse before it gets worse.

Some good references:
    "The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival" - By. Sir John Baget Glubb
    The Stanley Milgram Experiment
    The Stanford Prison Experiment
    Strauss-Howe Generational Theory

I've long contended the republic has been dead for over 160 years.

The replacement of a union of consent with a union by force is marching towards its natural end. The central state looks more akin to a communist regime than anything envisioned by Jefferson...but we were warned.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I've long contended the republic has been dead for over 160 years.

The replacement of a union of consent with a union by force is marching towards its natural end. The central state looks more akin to a communist regime than anything envisioned by Jefferson...but we were warned.
    Perhaps. In some sense I believe every great empire is destined for an eventual self-collapse. It's kind of like the intro quote to Apocalypto: "A civilization is never truly destroyed until it destroys itself from within" (Paraphrased slightly). I've heard arguments from both sides about the civil war. Some say it was necessary in order to prevent America from being divided and easy prey for European forces. Others say what the Union did was unconstitutional. Either way, we would probably see similar outcomes compared to today.

I would also like to point out the importance of the number 80 when it comes to the lifespan of an empire. The Strauss-Howe Generational Theory states that there is a re-occurring crisis at the end of a generational cycle, otherwise called a "fourth turning", that happens roughly every 80 years, and usually sets a paradigm for the next 80 years. If we start from our Nation's founding, roughly 1780 (really 1776, but I will be rounding to make my point as nothing is exact in reality, and there are usually some tolerances) we had the Revolutionary War which set fourth the building of America. Add 80 years and we get the crisis of 1860, the Civil War. Add 80 years and we get to the crisis of 1940, World War 2. Add 80 years and we get to the crisis of today, a crisis that we haven't fully realized or seen yet. One thing to notice about each crisis is that they dramatically change the values of the country as well as how we interacted with the rest of the world.

Top Bottom