• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Many race fans that have been around central Indiana for a while know of Robin Miller and the fact that he’s been ill for some time now. My brother and I have known Robin since we were kids, and we always have lunch with Robin and a group of racing friends on Fridays whenever possible. We haven’t seen him since just after the 500 and lots of rumors had been flying. This morning he set the record straight. He’s always been great at distilling personalities, even his own:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Man, so saddened to hear Robin is not doing well. That was an awesome letter. Wishing him the best.....and he is right, Dave Despain was the best ever and the 70's was the hay day of Indy 500....man, we had so many legends. I still get goose bumps when I enter IMS.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Robin sure makes the the current crop of racing commentators look like a bunch of know nothing idiots. Robin has probably forgotten more about racing and it’s history than these current idiots will ever know. Best wishes to Robin.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This guy, I swear...

This guy's absolute passion and honestly put him in so many precarious spots with his profession that other writers would have backed away. But he is way more than just a writer. Obviously.

This is one of those 'larger than life' characters that rarely come by us guys on the outside looking in.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Thanks for posting. I always likes Robin's reporting and nothing compares to Wind Tunnel.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks, TB, for posting the article.
    Since he mentions Ralf (Mike) Frey in the article, it's probably not name-dropping.
    I grew up just a few houses down from Mike, and we were friends through high school. Robin was always over at Mike's parents house, so I knew him too.
    When Vietnam was raging, I went a different direction, joined the military, and largely lost touch with the friends of my youth.
    I'm sorry to hear of Robin's sad medical condition.....and wish him peace.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have enjoyed reading Robin Miller and watching him on TV. He doesn't pull any punches and made interviews interesting. We will keep him in our prayers.

Top Bottom