• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just as I don't care that you have $5,000 in taxes taken out of $10,000 merely because you choose to live in a state with a 50% tax bracket, nor do I bear the burden of subsidizing that taking merely because I choose to live in a state without such a tax bracket
    I am talking total tax burden not state. That was the point of the previous post.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I am talking total tax burden not state. That was the point of the previous post.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, you appear to be ignoring/forgetting that you have control over the vast majority of that tax burden, by choosing your state of residence. In other words: your total tax burden is largely your own responsibility, and has little to do with federal tax policy.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, you appear to be ignoring/forgetting that you have control over the vast majority of that tax burden, by choosing your state of residence. In other words: your total tax burden is largely your own responsibility, and has little to do with federal tax policy.
    Not just state, but locality too. Cook County and its burbs have much higher tax burdens than those in the rest of the state

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I may have praised it poorly, but I agree with your assessment. So... You pretty much just agreed with me. I think?

If this was left to be a state's rights issue, then the citizens of each state can have what they want. It's pretty clear that CA, NY, NJ, etc don't respect the constitution. Meanwhile we're paying for their idiocy. It would be just fine with me if only they paid for their idiocy. That's all I was saying.

Have I ever mentioned secession?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Update on the Lawn Lawyers:

St. Louis couple Mark, Patricia McCloskey pay fines, lose guns in guilty plea over encounter with rioters

'If we didn’t have somebody named George Soros in the world, we never would have been charged with anything,' Mark McCloskey said

"They dropped all the weapons charges and they charged me with the lowest level of misdemeanor, which is something called assault four, which alleges that I purposely placed at least one other person in apprehension of immediate physical injury," Mark McCloskey told Fox News over the phone after returning from court Thursday. "I said, ‘Well, I guess I did. That was all point of the guns.’"

Patricia and Mark McCloskey draw their firearms on protestors as they enter their neighborhood during a protest against St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson, in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S. June 28, 2020. Picture taken June 28, 2020.  REUTERS/Lawrence Bryant

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Not just state, but locality too. Cook County and its burbs have much higher tax burdens than those in the rest of the state
    Montgomery county taxes have increased dramatically, property taxes have tripled, reassessments after those increases raising values another 25 to 45 percent. Things are getting out of hand, local government spending going rampant, Feeling that maybe it is time to relocate to missouri or arkansas!!!!!!! But i bet they will be following suit too!!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Update on the Lawn Lawyers:

St. Louis couple Mark, Patricia McCloskey pay fines, lose guns in guilty plea over encounter with rioters

'If we didn’t have somebody named George Soros in the world, we never would have been charged with anything,' Mark McCloskey said

"They dropped all the weapons charges and they charged me with the lowest level of misdemeanor, which is something called assault four, which alleges that I purposely placed at least one other person in apprehension of immediate physical injury," Mark McCloskey told Fox News over the phone after returning from court Thursday. "I said, ‘Well, I guess I did. That was all point of the guns.’"

Patricia and Mark McCloskey draw their firearms on protestors as they enter their neighborhood during a protest against St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson, in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S. June 28, 2020. Picture taken June 28, 2020.  REUTERS/Lawrence Bryant

Should have been found guilty of nothing.

BTW, how many of the blm clowns were even charged?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Being a misdemeanor, I assume they lost the guns pictured and none others? And since it wasnt a felony, they can replace them easily?

As long as they havent lost their 2a rights, I'm ok with this. (given that this is a slap on the wrist for somebody of this level)

(not happy, just OK)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Probably a money decision, cost of the guns as opposed to cost of defending. May have been made by a liability insurance carrier.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Being a misdemeanor, I assume they lost the guns pictured and none others? And since it wasnt a felony, they can replace them easily?

As long as they havent lost their 2a rights, I'm ok with this. (given that this is a slap on the wrist for somebody of this level)

(not happy, just OK)
    I`m not ok with this for a second, and we ALL should be OUTRAGED. If we allow them to do this to this couple, that did nothing wrong, they`ll come after us for even less.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I`m not ok with this for a second, and we ALL should be OUTRAGED. If we allow them to do this to this couple, that did nothing wrong, they`ll come after us for even less.
    Yeah, pointing a gun at people for walking on your property? No bueno. What’s the closest any of the protesters even got to them, 20ft? There’s nothing to be outraged about.
    Finger on trigger. Obviously stress. This isn’t ok.
    0C4423B3-9197-480C-9F16-A1C806F4806C.jpeg

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, pointing a gun at people for walking on your property? No bueno. What’s the closest any of the protesters even got to them, 20ft? There’s nothing to be outraged about.
    Finger on trigger. Obviously stress. This isn’t ok.
    View attachment 144553
    Do you know what was said to her? Do you know what the demeanor of the mob was towards her? Were they acting in a threatening manner? If a mob were to get within 20ft of me on my property they should'nt expect to be presented with flowers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you know what was said to her? Do you know what the demeanor of the mob was towards her? Were they acting in a threatening manner? If a mob were to get within 20ft of me on my property they should'nt expect to be presented with flowers.
    These people were inside their homes, walked out on their porch to confront the protesters, then left their porch, and approached them (obviously armed). So the “fear for their lives” is iffy, really iffy. Sure the people were wrong for trespassing, but homeowners certainly escalated the issue by pointing guns at them. Simply having the weapons, not an issue. Pointing them, that’s a problem.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    These people were inside their homes, walked out on their porch to confront the protesters, then left their porch, and approached them (obviously armed). So the “fear for their lives” is iffy, really iffy. Sure the people were wrong for trespassing, but homeowners certainly escalated the issue by pointing guns at them. Simply having the weapons, not an issue. Pointing them, that’s a problem.
    Totally legal in Texas.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There was a little more to it than just "trespassing", or are you denying that there was a gate destroyed allowing entrance to the property?

Did he actually "point" his rifle at anyone? That pistol was proven to be knowingly non-functional, so that doesn't really stand up.

Top Bottom