• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was the Republican leader in the Senate before The Turtle… Bob Dole??

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Portman is my "Republican' senator, so I'm aware of the problem. Disappointed that he is using the revolving door to feather his nest retiring to spend more time with his family. We were concentrating our energies on defeating Brown but now getting a sound replacement for Portman elected is the priority, with a much shorter timeline

Don't want another CoCrublican if we can avoid it. My representative was Stivers, who resigned to head the CoC for God's sake. A lot of believers in 'Doing good by doing well'

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Still have to be careful. There are plenty of wolves in sheep's clothes (see, e.g. Dan Crenshaw), just as there were back in the TEA party days.
    The problem as I see it in the Republican party is that we can't decide what defines a wolf and a sheep.

Bug and I are both Republicans, but our definition of a RINO is 180° off.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Judge won’t give their guns back.

And I’m guessing this is what AP thinks of as a “straight news article.”

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Judge won’t give their guns back.

And I’m guessing this is what AP thinks of as a “straight news article.”
    Umm, what about "

No Person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law,"​

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Umm, what about "

No Person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law,"​

IANAL but I believe there is a functional difference between a pardon and a reversal of a conviction. Only the latter would apply to your quote.

A pardon: Yes, you were guilty, but we forgive you and you no longer need to serve your punishment. But you were still guilty.
    A reversal: You were wrongly convicted and should never have been found guilty.

Only in the latter your quote would apply.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    IANAL but I believe there is a functional difference between a pardon and a reversal of a conviction. Only the latter would apply to your quote.

A pardon: Yes, you were guilty, but we forgive you and you no longer need to serve your punishment. But you were still guilty.

In Missouri, a full pardon is as follows.

• Full Pardon – A full pardon does not remove the conviction from the individual's criminal record. A full pardon restores all rights of citizenship and removes any disqualification or punitive collateral consequence stemming from the conviction without conditions or restrictions.
    Sure seems to me that the weapons and fines would be punitive consequences.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Aside from explicit Missouri statute, is a pardon, by definition, not part of due process?

Also: a pardon does not imply or require guilt or acceptance/acknowledgment of guilt.

Top Bottom