• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Granted, I was not there and did not see the traffic flow. Why not slow down a little and let him in? It sounds like he was going fast enough to blend into the traffic. flow. It can be a judgement call. Sometimes if I see a vehicle on the ramp, I move over to the left. Other times I speed up or slow down to allow the merge. Knowing that there are idiots like that around, I do not insist on the right of way.

With the number of idiots on the road these days, I just let them have at it. You want to drive crazy? More than happy to let you get in front of me. Too many rangers around here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I had a road rage incident on Friday where a driver wasn't too happy that I didn't let him merge in front of me (I had right of way) getting on the freeway.
    Did you have the option to move over a lane and let him merge? Were you exiting a short distance up the road and felt you couldn't change lanes because of that?

If the answer is yes to the first and no to the second, you did not do all you could to not create the situation in the first place

'I've got the right of way' is a dick excuse. You can't tell much about viewing angles available to the vehicle trying to merge, and especially if he's got vehicle ahead of him on the ramp he has to divide his attention to make sure that vehicle doesn't lose its nerve and brake. That makes trying to look at more than the one or two vehicles that are pretty much beside ones vehicle both difficult and dangerous. If you could have eased that transition, you should have

That said, he shouldn't be brandishing under any situation, but his idiocy doesn't cancel yours. The gray man would have let him in

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Did you have the option to move over a lane and let him merge? Were you exiting a short distance up the road and felt you couldn't change lanes because of that?

If the answer is yes to the first and no to the second, you did not do all you could to not create the situation in the first place
    We were coming off a roundabout, not yet on the freeway, otherwise I totally would have moved over.
    'I've got the right of way' is a dick excuse. You can't tell much about viewing angles available to the vehicle trying to merge, and especially if he's got vehicle ahead of him on the ramp he has to divide his attention to make sure that vehicle doesn't lose its nerve and brake. That makes trying to look at more than the one or two vehicles that are pretty much beside ones vehicle both difficult and dangerous. If you could have eased that transition, you should have
    And it wasn't like that he was in front and I just boxed him out.
    That said, he shouldn't be brandishing under any situation, but his idiocy doesn't cancel yours. The gray man would have let him in

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I do love all the armchair quarterbacking though. Just because a guy posts opinions many disagree with, well then by all means this was his fault too.
    Probably listening to NPR while driving and that was why.
    Or maybe it was the bumper sticker.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do love all the armchair quarterbacking though. Just because a guy posts opinions many disagree with, well then by all means this was his fault too.
    Probably listening to NPR while driving and that was why.
    Or maybe it was the bumper sticker.
    It's a free SiriusXM week, so I'm not listening to NPR as much. ;)

Displaying a gun, because nobody else EVER carries a gun.
    I'm guessing this guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Top Bottom