• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Low light match Sunday at 6pm on Sept 12th.at parabellum in Avon

This is to allow the shooter to practice shooting in a "night-time" simulated setting. It is a match because it will be scored. However, type of weapon and Holster requirements are a little more flexible than typical shooting matches. This is open to pistol or rifle/carbine, with limited caliber restrictions 7.62x39 being maximum caliber and 9mm being minimum allowed. Suppressors are allowed along with AR pistols.
    Shooter must have some sort of light either mounted or handheld.
    Round Count will Average around 50 – 70 rounds

This will be a COLD Range; your gun will need to be brought in unloaded and rifles will need a chamber flag.

Signup here

Last edited:

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have never been to a 'match'. Is it scored on accuracy and/or speed? Is it from draw or is this more like normal range rules but with low light?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have never been to a 'match'. Is it scored on accuracy and/or speed? Is it from draw or is this more like normal range rules but with low light?
    Scoring takes into account both accuracy and speed, once the timer goes off it runs until your last shot.
    I prefer that everyone uses a holster and shoots from a draw (rifle will be low ready)
    Since this is low light and not everyone has gear for that I am allowing shooting from a low ready. shooters will be in different divisions based on equipment so scoring will be as fair as possible.
    It will be run as a cold range

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    For the event today, are we using both carbines and handguns in the same stage and transitioning between them, or are we running with a single firearm, and can choose either a carbine or a handgun to use?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    For the event today, are we using both carbines and handguns in the same stage and transitioning between them, or are we running with a single firearm, and can choose either a carbine or a handgun to use?
    You will choose one or the other.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Well damn. Some how I got it in my head this match was at 7pm. Didn’t realize the error until I was on my way at 6:30 and double checked the thread for a round count. :facepalm:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Well damn. Some how I got it in my head this match was at 7pm. Didn’t realize the error until I was on my way at 6:30 and double checked the thread for a round count. :facepalm:
    I was wondering what happened

Top Bottom