Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I’m an absolute maybe. It all depends on how I feel that day. I’ll fill in where I can, if I can make it. With all the stuff going on with me these past few years I haven’t been able to make it. I’m still running the Facebook page. I’ll dust it off once we get confirmation of the date.

Do what you can.
    If you can make it, that would be great.
    if you can't, and you just run the facebook page, that would be great also.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We got a reply from the DNR. Still nothing set permanently in stone. Here is a copy of the text we received:

Well, I’m sorry to say that the topic was not even discussed. I have been asking around and still have not got a solid answer yet. Our Division Events and Programming is currently being re-worked, improved, and rejuvenated. We won’t have an answer until everything is finalized by the executive leadership team in central office.

I am going to make the call, and attentively plan on holding the event Sat June 13th as discussed. This is a successful and beneficial event that I plan to continue for years to come and hope that never changes.

I will keep you posted as soon as I hear any updates.

Thanks,

Doug Green

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Depending how this goes down we may have to start the discussion for future youth shoots in Nov or contact our state congressmen and inform them of the issues.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Depending how this goes down we may have to start the discussion for future youth shoots in Nov or contact our state congressmen and inform them of the issues.

I don't even think contacting them in November would help
    They'd probably say they have to wait for the fiscal year to end to move forward. Dealing with .Gov is a pita

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    One thing those dealing with the DNR might want to ask for is to set the date in stone for the next decade. This will remove any guesswork.

As June has been working out and this is still kindof up in the air, we should ask if they would be willing to approve the 2nd Saturday each June through 2029 as the Youth shoot day. We wouldn't guess, they wouldn't guess, and planning would be much easier.

Regards,

Doug

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    One thing those dealing with the DNR might want to ask for is to set the date in stone for the next decade. This will remove any guesswork.

As June has been working out and this is still kindof up in the air, we should ask if they would be willing to approve the 2nd Saturday each June through 2029 as the Youth shoot day. We wouldn't guess, they wouldn't guess, and planning would be much easier.

Regards,

Doug

It would be nice. Was just talking with the wife about this last night
    It will be something I bring up to Doug next time I talk with him. Even if we could get it set in stone for 2 years at a time it would be helpful

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    It would be nice. Was just talking with the wife about this last night
    It will be something I bring up to Doug next time I talk with him. Even if we could get it set in stone for 2 years at a time it would be helpful

Maybe another thing our state congressmen can help us with. This way we can have flyers to hand out months in advance instead of weeks. We would know when to cut off monetary donations for shirts and other supplies. Though if I recall our state reps for us were not gun friendly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom