• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a 1986 870 Police Express Magnum that I want to put a Ghost Ring sight on the receiver and a Trijicon Sight for the front sight. The barrel on it has the factory front and rear sights so I don't want to mess with the sights or barrel on it so need a new barrel. Where can I found a replacement barrel with screw-in-chokes. I will be using buck, shot, and 2 balls .662" diameter. Barrel must be chambered for 3" shells in case I want to hunt some grizzlies or that 1000lb hog.

Replacing the barrel is getting to be a pain, no one has any in stock that I can find.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I was just at a LGS who shall not be named, they had about 7, or 8 used beater 870's, long barrels... $550+.....are they made of gold? Yeah, good luck finding barrels right now, maybe a second mortgage?......

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have found that Mossberg, Carlson's, and Remington make/made replacement barrels. Can't find one in the Indy area that I can buy. If I buy a 18 1/2" barrel made by Carlson's (found one in stock) with a bead front sight who could/would thread the barrel for choke's and what chokes would I want the barrel threaded for???

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    More apt to find probably the 20 " remchoke rifle sight bbls ( not as common as used to be ).

They also did a 23" rifle sight choketube bbl in 3.5" chamber.

Just bought one on another forum. Were under 200 new, discontinued price. Then when almost gone prices shot up.

Nope, not made of gold. And dunno if choketube area machined concentric.

Rolled the dice.

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    I was just at a LGS who shall not be named, they had about 7, or 8 used beater 870's, long barrels... $550+.....are they made of gold? Yeah, good luck finding barrels right now, maybe a second mortgage?......

The shop down across from Kavanaughs? Yeah and they looked pretty rough for $550.
    That is the most emptied I've ever seen that store. Empty shelves all around.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The shop down across from Kavanaughs? Yeah and they looked pretty rough for $550.
    That is the most emptied I've ever seen that store. Empty shelves all around.
    I don't buy there anymore, after seeing them offer $200 to a guy for a Hi-point 9mm carbine, and a nice H&R single shot in .243, the next week the Hi-point was on sale for $275....neither one is high dollar, but that is way below 60% value (the standard at gun stores)

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Just saw Midway has new 870's for $402. Maybe they are starting to show up again. Be patient, barrels will show up eventually.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I don't buy there anymore, after seeing them offer $200 to a guy for a Hi-point 9mm carbine, and a nice H&R single shot in .243, the next week the Hi-point was on sale for $275....neither one is high dollar, but that is way below 60% value (the standard at gun stores)

Pay 60% to everybody dumping low end stuff for cash and you'll have a shop packed w low end stuff. Bet they didn't buy the items there either.

And who would pay for the used low end stuff when they can buy new from a chain/box store....for not much more money?

Top Bottom