• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I had never heard of this. Why do we have to get news like this from a English news source?

Soldiers from the 4th Infantry Division carried out a brutal exercise on a hilltop in Fort Carson in Colorado. The storming of the hill commemorates the Battle of Dak To in Vietnam in 1967.

1669398364119.png

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Because US news sources are too busy telling you how woke the military is and how big a pussies young people are. Then conservatives eat it with a spoon and encourage people not to join. Something like this may run counter to the narrative, encourage people about our military, and have the opposite effect of destroying us from within and destroying our ability to project power.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I had never heard of this. Why do we have to get news like this from a English news source?

Soldiers from the 4th Infantry Division carried out a brutal exercise on a hilltop in Fort Carson in Colorado. The storming of the hill commemorates the Battle of Dak To in Vietnam in 1967.

View attachment 238685

Goddammit! Another huge historical event that I was (am still) ignorant about. Thank you for posting this. Now I'm off to Amazon to try to find some reading about this battle, and hopefully remove one more grain of sand from my giant dune of ignorance.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'm guessing prolly because if you're reenacting a battle from a war we put 55k names on a wall losing...and the country involved ended up not much worse off than if we'd won...the media is probably not terribly interested in doing the military's recruiting for them?

Top Bottom