• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Who's currently loading the Swiss sweetness and what dies are you using? I'm looking to pick up a set of dies and all I can find are Lee for cheap and Redding for not. From what I can find online, the rcbs or hornady are what are recommended the most. I'm new to the reloading game and just don't know what I don't know.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I believe we have Lee in stock, they are definitely the most economical and they come with the shell holder.
    The distributor is sold out of all 7.5x55 dies right now. Usually I can order Hornady or RCBS dies. Hornady would run about $65 out the door and RCBS a little under $50. I think the Lee dies run $37 or $38 out the door.
    I've never loaded that caliber myself, but I can say we sell probably 10 sets of Lee dies to one of every other brand combined. I've sold thousands of Lee die sets and it's extremely rare to hear about someone that is not completely satisfied with them.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I have the Lee dies for this caliber and a bunch of others both rifle and handgun. Always been happy with all. Jim.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I love @Brian's Surplus, so look into if the Lee dies will work for you first. I chose to go with the Redding dies because none of my reloads would fit my k31 after shooting in either of my 1911’s (long and karabiner) due to chamber size differences.

I never tried the Lee dies but I did use RCBS and I’ve read accounts that others have had their reloads from multiple rifles work with the K31 after using the Lee’s.

I now have ALL Redding dies for rifle with the exception of a few old ‘Pacific’ sets...mostly because I’m a gear-queer, but I’d have given the Lee dies a try if Redding didn’t offer an option for the caliber.

Top Bottom