• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Has it been a year yet? It it time for my annual quest to rant for increasing the qualifications to use the classifieds?

Six months mandatory forum participation and 200 quality posts. Will virtually run off all the "runners" and eventually get our classifieds back to the friendly active place it once was. Will eliminate flippers in the future, leaving us with only the one's we currently have. Will end the early bad feelings between newbies and "cool kids" who understand the loophole that promotes abuse, pollution of the classifieds system and general forum arguments concerning "INGO Craig's List".

Have you noticed the overall slow listing of new classified's items? Have you noticed the lack of user names you recognise? Have you all noticed the high % of classifieds posters with less than 100 posts? Have you noticed the continual daily bumping of adds for those who have ZERO invested in this community forum and consequently ZERO invested in concern for other INGOers other than who is paying them?

Just sayin'...

...again.
    :whistle:

Last edited:

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    20 bucks and all of this BS goes away .

It was pretty fun watching those post being blasted out 1 minute apart ... That keyboard must have been smokin' !

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Lol I can't type that fast....then I'm watching history or military channel....loose train of thought....hell I'll be lucky to get to 500 by the end of the year. Due love that new series "The Fighting Season" on channel 239 on Direct TV, was on 5-26-2015. Brings back memories of Iraq....some good, mostly bad.... at least Afganistan has mountains.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I don't even want to think about how many total forum posts I have everywhere. I know at one place, I had over 10k. It's not difficult, and you can even do it from your crapper. I'm not here for the classifieds, that's a bonus. The classifieds are the LAST thing I look at when I log into INGO. Sometimes I find something I need, other times, I don't. No big deal. I pay 20 bucks to help pay for server fees. It's not a big deal.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    You're not the first person to dislike the 50 post rule and won't be the last. I suggest you stick around, INGO is a great place.

:ingo:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    If you just want to do the classifieds thing, pay the $50.
    It's not a large fee.

When did it go up ..... I just paid mine in March, and it was $20.00.....

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    it's called indiana gun owners....not indianaguntalkabouters....how are you gonna have something to offer the forum if you dont own any guns...there are still plenty of good deals in the classifieds and a lot better deals to be had here than the local gouge shop....i joined solely because of the gun classified section...who cares if you like that or not? i was at gander mountain and a guy told me where i could sell my gun legally after gander offered my $100....so like it or not some people dont come here to talk about filling up there bathtub with water, or what gun to by my mistress,wife, or spouse for the 1000th time, or ar15s are better than ak47s, or bs about 1911s or glocks.....dont get me wrong there is some good stuff on here ...but there is a lot of misinformation...there are a lot of nice dudes on here but we have our share of douchers....so if i guy wants to join ingo for the classifieds, who cares..if you dont like it just go back to the "what should i get my girlfriend" thread and talk about the guy with an hk, a glock, a kimber 1911 who decided to spring for a taurus for his wife....
    Oh yeah. Noticed quite a bit. There are several of them I won't deal with. Just on a short list without names:

Member since 2009 has 59 regular posts and 641 in classifieds
    Member since 2008 has 58 regular posts and 396 in classifieds
    Member since 2008 has 502 regular posts (respectable) and 3524 in the classifieds
    Countless members that don't contribute anyplace outside of the classifieds.
    Members who aren't vendors and have a couple dozen different guns for sale ALL THE TIME.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    it's called indiana gun owners....not indianaguntalkabouters....how are you gonna have something to offer the forum if you dont own any guns...there are still plenty of good deals in the classifieds and a lot better deals to be had here than the local gouge shop....i joined solely because of the gun classified section...who cares if you like that or not? i was at gander mountain and a guy told me where i could sell my gun legally after gander offered my $100....so like it or not some people dont come here to talk about filling up there bathtub with water, or what gun to by my mistress,wife, or spouse for the 1000th time, or ar15s are better than ak47s, or bs about 1911s or glocks.....dont get me wrong there is some good stuff on here ...but there is a lot of misinformation...there are a lot of nice dudes on here but we have our share of douchers....so if i guy wants to join ingo for the classifieds, who cares..if you dont like it just go back to the "what should i get my girlfriend" thread and talk about the guy with an hk, a glock, a kimber 1911 who decided to spring for a taurus for his wife....

To each their own. I've got no problem with someone new joining the forums for the classifieds, as long as they follow the rules. Post relevant comments that have at least a little thought to them or pay the site supporter fee. I have no idea why you seem so butthurt over what I said that you quoted. No user names were mentioned and you don't even remotely fit the description. When someone looks at your profile and the post areas section they can see you post all over the forum and have discussions. You are a contributing member to the forum with what you post. I've got no problem with that. Even members that stir the pot in various sections are contributing members. I (or any member) may not agree with what they say but that sparks conversation and different opinions. Someone who posts 1,2,3 etc for their first three posts is not contributing and is making no effort.

If you have issue with the fact I have a list of people that I do not want to have transactions with then there is nothing I can or will do about that. Yes I use the ignore list. I also have a text file with those names and the reason why they are on that list. It's a good feature that when used properly can be a great help. There are members on here that have admitted to having their LTCH pulled, of that they have a felony background, or have been arrested for breaking and entering, or who have been caught in a stolen valor lie, etc. Those people go on my ignore list, not because I don't care to read what they say but because if I ever post up a WTS/WTT ad and they respond then I know to look at my file and see why they are on it. Same goes for if they have something to sell that I may be interested in. I also have those with members that you quoted me above on the list as well. Some of them MAY be dealing without a license, I don't know for sure and won't make any accusations or give out user names. If they are then I want no part of it and am given a heads up when I see something I may want.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

HHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........:popcorn:

Top Bottom