• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I bought a Griffin Armament Revolution 45 a while back and use it to great benefit on my P07, Scorpion, etc.
    However, I only have 9mm hosts.
    With 9mm being difficult to come by and expensive, 9mm subs are all but unobtanium. I'm looking to find a host in 45 acp to diversify the ammo pool a bit and have a innately subsonic caliber.
    Anyone got any recommendations on a good 45 suppressor host?

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Glock 21 and be done with it. A 1911 will be of limited capacity and can be finicky with ammo. Suppressor height sights for it an arm and a leg and it will weigh a ton.
    you can go sig p220 but that’s another money pit. Extremely reliable suppressed, but again, limited capacity and expensive all around.
    the G21 just gets the job done, and well

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If money is no object get a MK23, I love mine. The best of the best. You may be able to find a USP tactical as well, also great. But again, $$$ when compared to the G21

forgot to add the HK45 is a good host too. I wasn’t impressed with the FN or S&W .45’s

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    My favorite .45 suppressor hosts:

PISTOLS:
    FNX-45 Tactical
    Glock 21SF

RIFLES/SBRs/PCCs:

UMP45
    AR45
    Kriss Vector
    LWRC SMG45

for the record, .45 ACP is my favorite suppressor round. It’s all subsonic!

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    My favorite is the FNX 45 Tactical, but I've never had the opportunity to shoot any HKs suppressed. The RDS does get dirty quick though.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Glock 21 and be done with it. A 1911 will be of limited capacity and can be finicky with ammo. Suppressor height sights for it an arm and a leg and it will weigh a ton.
    you can go sig p220 but that’s another money pit. Extremely reliable suppressed, but again, limited capacity and expensive all around.
    the G21 just gets the job done, and well
    Honestly probably the best way to go. Cheap and simple, and I'm definitely not a 1911 guy.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The absolute cheapest you can go would be a G21/21sf or an M&P45. Both are excellent platforms.

Stepping up to about 2x in price would be the FNX-45 Tactical. I've shot one of those with an Osprey on it and loved every single shot. If I had the $ to just throw away on yet another gun and mags and ammo... The FNX-45 Tactical would be high on the list.

Stepping up about 2 more X over the FN would be the Mk23 that Rolex mentioned. IF you can find one IF you have the budget for one.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Posting the overlooked HK45 and HK45C. I think they are the most reliable 45ACP you can buy now, out of the box and with high round count (although none of the optional grip panels cure less than ideal trigger ergonomics for me, trigger reach a little too short at the break). No reason to go to the great expense and bulk/weight with the Mk 23, at least scale down to the HK45. Navy SEALs have been using the HK45CT suppressed as the Mk 24 for going on 10 years.

The biggest problem with the 45C is HK's complete stupidity on the rail length and trigger guard shape not fitting Surefire X300 pattern lights. If you search around online you can find a guy selling 3D printed custom "keys" that he designed to neatly fit the Streamlight TLR-7A and TLR-8A on the 45C rail. (Where Streamlight cured their own TLR-7/TLR-8 switch placement design disaster with new switch design on the A models.) The 8A adds a laser which can be a useful sighting aid suppressed, short of going with tall sights.

Top Bottom