• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I picked up a rifle I ordered through Rural King, when the lady was entering my info into the computer she asked how long it had been since I bought a gun, I told her probably two years, she made some comment that it should come back quick, but she said I’ll explain in a minute, so it comes back with a proceed, but she explained to me that they have been delaying a lot of people with CDL’s, she said she didn’t enter mine that way, I just found that odd. I wonder if it’s not tied to the trucker protest?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    There isn’t special treatment of or exclusion between regular motorcycle or various class CDL endorsements. On a Background check. If I’d presume anything it’s a couple delayed folks happened to have a CDL and either the counter person ran with it or they believed BS stuff from a customer

And Rural King says it all. I mean no disrespect but from the few conversations I have had with some of the gun counter folks there is. A lot while they try, Often regurgitate tall tales their customers tell them as they don’t know any better and take what they hear at face value.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    The other funny thing with this story is you don’t have to have a DL to buy a gun. Any GOV issued document. Even a Utility Bill and Library Card satisfies requirements if the 4473.

Yes a DL makes it easier but with a DL the LGS only runs DOB, SSN and DL#. Yes they (people on the other end) see DL restrictions etc as they run a NCIC But they don’t care about anything except prohibiting factors.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The other funny thing with this story is you don’t have to have a DL to buy a gun. Any GOV issued document. Even a Utility Bill and Library Card satisfies requirements if the 4473.

Yes a DL makes it easier but with a DL the LGS only runs DOB, SSN and DL#. Yes they (people on the other end) see DL restrictions etc as they run a NCIC But they don’t care about anything except prohibiting factors.
    SSN is optional.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

True, I saw somebody doing a transfer with their vehicle registration. I was just curious if anybody else had heard of people being delayed because they had a CDL. I didn’t put much stock in it but I could see the current administration pulling some BS like that.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I haven't had any trouble with NICS(knock on wood) since I got my CDL.

I do fill my SSN, though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    True, I saw somebody doing a transfer with their vehicle registration. I was just curious if anybody else had heard of people being delayed because they had a CDL. I didn’t put much stock in it but I could see the current administration pulling some BS like that.
    I think it depends on the LGS. I know Bradis wouldn't accept a State ID that wasn't a driver's license, even though it was perfectly legal to do so.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    How does the FFL know it's you? Car registration doesn't have a picture.

I was turned away for a transfer before when I was waiting my plastic DL, I had the paper DL with my picture and address from the BMV.

I was told a passport wouldn't work either because it doesn't have the holder's residential address.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    How does the FFL know it's you? Car registration doesn't have a picture.

I was turned away for a transfer before when I was waiting my plastic DL, I had the paper DL with my picture and address from the BMV.

I was told a passport wouldn't work either because it doesn't have the holder's residential address.
    From what you stated that would be on the LGS. I don’t work sales but do work at a store as a part time post retired gig. Several folks have used the paper Temp DL and by itself the passport won’t however along with anything with your address in it like a city utility bill would suffice.

Also a former co worker I am friends with from my agency transferred to the ATF as an IOS and we just had this discussion a couple months ago.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've never had an issue.

Most likely, it's what she and others at that RK are seeing and you know how gun shop talk goes. One or a few becomes a conspiracy.

Less likely but knowing .gov, I wouldn't put it past them.
    You know what they say about conspiracy theories? Give it a few weeks, and they become spoilers with the current government we have.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Rural King will NOT allow a simple state I.D. even though it's legal to do so.
    Corporate policy says drivers license or you don't buy a gun from them.
    Period, end of discussion.
    There is no debate.
    They simply will not sell to anyone without a driver's license.
    It's actually posted in the store.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I picked up a rifle I ordered through Rural King, when the lady was entering my info into the computer she asked how long it had been since I bought a gun, I told her probably two years, she made some comment that it should come back quick, but she said I’ll explain in a minute, so it comes back with a proceed, but she explained to me that they have been delaying a lot of people with CDL’s, she said she didn’t enter mine that way, I just found that odd. I wonder if it’s not tied to the trucker protest?
    :poop: There has been NO difference in types of license on whether it's proceeded or delayed. I've run several hundred and it just depends on how busy the system is. It's amazing how many people all of a sudden admit to always getting delayed after 15 mins of waiting for the spinning circle of death just to go to a delayed status. On the other hand, I have noticed more proceeds taking 3 -5 minutes. Just busy as more people get firearms.

Top Bottom