• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cameramonkey and jamin each win a box of ammo pm me with preferred calibers..

Make it something I already have!

I have most common calibers.
    Thanks for your generous offer. But I'm set. Its all part of helping the INGO family.

And if you REALLY want to be generous, stick a bit extra in the collection plate tomorrow. :)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry I missed the same suggestion earlier. That’s how I would fix it. Licensed plumber here for what it’s worth.
    Do you think a little bit of silicone around the rubber would be overkill? Call it "extra insurance".

jamin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Bluffton
    H
    Do you think a little bit of silicone around the rubber would be overkill? Call it "extra insurance
    Do you think a little bit of silicone around the rubber would be overkill? Call it "extra insurance".
    I wouldn’t put any silicone on the rubber, but I would run a bead around the outer part of the plug to seal it to the stool flange.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I appreciate the offer. I have to also decline. I would, however, appreciate it if you could find a 4-h club or youth club that could use some 22s. Send them a box for me.
    I can do that too.

Thanks again....that licensed plumber made me more confident!

Reactions: Leo

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Duct tape cut about 24” long then rip them lengthwise into two pieces. Stick the two pieces together (sticky sides together), and then make a loop, tape together with more duct tape. Next take a cordless drill and put one end of the loop under the nut of the clamp and the top end of the loop over the chuck of the drill. Use the variable speed of the drill to spin the nut of the clamp. It might not get it as tight as a proper nut driver/socket/screwdriver but it should get it tight enough.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Duct tape cut about 24” long then rip them lengthwise into two pieces. Stick the two pieces together (sticky sides together), and then make a loop, tape together with more duct tape. Next take a cordless drill and put one end of the loop under the nut of the clamp and the top end of the loop over the chuck of the drill. Use the variable speed of the drill to spin the nut of the clamp. It might not get it as tight as a proper nut driver/socket/screwdriver but it should get it tight enough.
    But why? The proper fix is under $10 with tax. And probably gas money to and fro.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was just an idea.

I wasn’t aware you had closed the thread.
    No offense was intended. Just asking why trip over dollars to pick up quarters?

Yes, In a SHTF or emergency situation your suggestion is awesome if you've got the parts on hand and cant get to the store. Great suggestion.

But when Its a cheap fix using the proper tool, why improvise?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    And if I may add.......if you ever have to chip out that concrete and you are sure there is no pipe under where you are chipping...I have found using a concrete bit on a hammer drill is best. Drill a few holes in a line and smack it with that hammer.

Top Bottom