• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    Now that I've got the 3D printing bug, I'm wondering if there are any better sources than Amazon or Ebay for filament, nozzles, and other parts. Unless I've missed something, the only stuff I've found locally is either at Micro Center in Westmont, or occasionally some OK-ish filament at Jo Ann Fabrics (but it looks like they're out of stock on everything currently). Any other suggestions? Thanks!

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Yea MRRF and the newer ERRF are literally world class events, Both are opportunities to rub shoulders with Josef Prusa, Thomas Sanladerer, and the likes. Unfortunately they are also arses and elbow rubbing events due to the ginormous crowd. But, that's supposed to change this year.......wait a minute I think they said the same thing in 2019.

BullDawg327

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2019
    North Indy
    If you have a Fry’s nearby they can have some good deals on filaments. I try not to cheap out on mystery filaments anymore. I’ve never found a place with a good selection of parts, but I only have ender 3’s so your mileage may vary.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Here's the person to ax in your area. Over in Elkhart Co, I'm resigned to ordering from the web, your situation may/could be different.

SeeMeCNC has excellent service and inventory and I happen to know one of their staff members drives through through Elkhart every day on their way home from their facility in Ligonier. If you place a large order they'll deliver it... or at least to a business they will.

They're not the cheapest, and of course most of their inventory is geared toward their machines, but the service and quality is absolutely top notch and they are "local" to our AO. That said, I get most of my stuff off of Amazon...

If you have a Fry’s nearby they can have some good deals on filaments. I try not to cheap out on mystery filaments anymore. I’ve never found a place with a good selection of parts, but I only have ender 3’s so your mileage may vary.

I think Fry's went out of business last month?

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Stop in at SeeMeCNC. Its in Ligonier, but we have printers, parts, filament, and part of the building is rented out by Atomic Filament.
    SeeMeCNC has excellent service and inventory and I happen to know one of their staff members drives through through Elkhart every day on their way home from their facility in Ligonier. If you place a large order they'll deliver it... or at least to a business they will.

They're not the cheapest, and of course most of their inventory is geared toward their machines, but the service and quality is absolutely top notch and they are "local" to our AO. That said, I get most of my stuff off of Amazon...
    Ahhh yes Tim, Hes our shipping guru but i kind of doubt he would deliver parts lol. The only delivery we do is usually to schools or the like that buy printers in quantity and need help setting them up. I run the machine shop there. Our printers are pricey but we make everything aside from the raw materials, hardware, and some of the electronics in house.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Stop in at SeeMeCNC. Its in Ligonier, but we have printers, parts, filament, and part of the building is rented out by Atomic Filament.

Ahhh yes Tim, Hes our shipping guru but i kind of doubt he would deliver parts lol. The only delivery we do is usually to schools or the like that buy printers in quantity and need help setting them up. I run the machine shop there. Our printers are pricey but we make everything aside from the raw materials, hardware, and some of the electronics in house.

It wasn't Tim, but it was a big order and a unique situation. Anyhow, I have 0 complaints with SeeMeCNC... especially compared to a few other vendors.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    It wasn't Tim, but it was a big order and a unique situation. Anyhow, I have 0 complaints with SeeMeCNC... especially compared to a few other vendors.
    Ahh, must have been a previous employee then. Tim is the only one from the Elkhart area now. I could see big/unique orders being hand delivered by the owner. Hes delivering one of our 2 meter Boss500s once assembly gets it done. The things like 12ft tall so delivering it is cheaper lol. I have alot of complaints with SeeMeCNC but none pertain to our products :laugh:.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    @maxwelhse the assembly guy finished up the big boy today. Thought you might find it cool. Stands almost 11’ tall. Build volume is 500mm diameter X 2.1meter tall. 47CD1A2E-019F-4D27-9111-5CE4BD666CAE.jpeg This one is headed off to some aerospace place to attempt the worlds biggest functional 3D printed rocket

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I can only imagine the noise it makes... Our Deltas are loud enough as they are and that guy has many meters more belts.

Pretty cool that such things are possible these days though.

Top Bottom