• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    People are freaking out and hitting the ammo hard right now.

That is for certain - ammo and guns both. At the Rural King in Greenwood on Saturday, the line for the "Gun Barn" area was clear out the door of the building. On Tuesday evening when I was there, the wait line varied from 5 to 10 people. I walked by a couple of times during our shopping as I was interested in picking up a case of clay pigeons. Didn't want to stand in line that long, so it will have to wait.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have 60 pounds (4 cases) of Winchester 130 grain flatpoints due today in from SGAMMO. These are for paper. I bought two new revolvers. A 3 inch fixed sight GP100 for the Wife's house-gun (she's a bit taller than me with commensurately longer fingers so she has a hard time with my Shield and she prefers wheel-guns) and a Performance Center 642 J-Frame for me as a possible backup gun to my primary carry gun a Shield 9mm. Plan on stoking both with +P 38 Gold-Dots if I ever find them in stock

When you guys get done shooting up all that ammo, save the empties and sell them here. I'll be interested, as 38 special is used here in a lot of ways.:)

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I have. I carried those 25 years ago. It's a pretty old round. Federal kind of obsoleted them with the HST line. Unfortunately for some reason they don't market the .38 HSTs to Law Enforcement so they only sell them in the ripoff 20/25 round boxes. I just refuse to buy ammo in anything other than the standard 50 round box out of general principal. But yeah I think the Hydrashok was a great round in it's day but the newer designs like HST and Gold-Dot have long since eclipsed it performance-wise.

edit: to be fair Gold Dot is nearly (1996 versus 1989 I think) as old as the Hydrashok line.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom