• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krvincen

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    So I purchased a new P365XL recently with the Romeo zero on it. I have hit about the 509 round mark earlier today and still have issues with the trigger. Mostly it feels great but at least one pull per magazine or two it suddenly feels very gritty and spongy and seems like the break point is off. Has anyone else had this problem?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is there any pattern to the problem such as one particular magazine, one particular manufacturer of magazine or what position in the load out has been chambered (first round in a mag, last round etc)

krvincen

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    None that I have been able to notice. Some times it will go an entire mag without a problem sometimes a few times a mag. Tried different lubes, different loads, etc.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    None that I have been able to notice. Some times it will go an entire mag without a problem sometimes a few times a mag. Tried different lubes, different loads, etc.
    Haven't experienced anything like that with any of my 365's.

Seems odd it would be inconsistent.

I assume you haven't had any failures to fire, etc since you haven't mentioned it.

krvincen

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Nope, not one single hiccup with various factory lids and both different factory loads and two completely different reloads utterly reliable in that regard. Just trigger gets wonky every so often.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nope, not one single hiccup with various factory lids and both different factory loads and two completely different reloads utterly reliable in that regard. Just trigger gets wonky every so often.
    That is strange. Might pull out the FCU and give it a look (pretty easy to pull out the FCU) Not sure what to tell you to look for other than maybe some gunk/factory grease in the trigger mechanism.

Someone with more knowledge of how the trigger in the 365 is engineered may be able to tell you more.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not familiar with the P365XL, does it have a magazine disconnect?

I was trying to figure out something that could intermittently and randomly interfere with trigger action. One possibility that occurred was if the pistol had a magazine disconnect, it might not be accepting the magazine's notch/tab correctly, and this is altered by recoil such that the problem occurs after one recoil and the recoil from firing the round exhibiting the trigger interference clears the problem temporarily

This is pure speculation as I am not familiar with the internals of that FCU

krvincen

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    I’ll have to do some research as I’m not familiar with it much yet either. Been tearing Glocks all the way down since my first Gen1 G17 30 years ago but never really done much to any other pistol designs other than typical field strip and clean

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm not familiar with the P365XL, does it have a magazine disconnect?

I was trying to figure out something that could intermittently and randomly interfere with trigger action. One possibility that occurred was if the pistol had a magazine disconnect, it might not be accepting the magazine's notch/tab correctly, and this is altered by recoil such that the problem occurs after one recoil and the recoil from firing the round exhibiting the trigger interference clears the problem temporarily

This is pure speculation as I am not familiar with the internals of that FCU
    No mag disconnects in the 365 series.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks. I thought those were needless complexity and a bad idea that had gone away but I thought I remembered reading it was an option on the P320

krvincen

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Well I removed the trigger pack assembly and after wiping everything down put some X-F7 gun grease I use in my M1A on moving parts. Without some range time to really rest it I will say I cannot get it to repeat the problem dry firing and it seems much smoother now than before as well.

dw.watts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    Kokomo
    Well I removed the trigger pack assembly and after wiping everything down put some X-F7 gun grease I use in my M1A on moving parts. Without some range time to really rest it I will say I cannot get it to repeat the problem dry firing and it seems much smoother now than before as well.
    That’s weird that it wanted grease. Something’s funky!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    If you didn't do it already remove the striker and clean the factory oil off of it too. It is notorious for causing light primera strikes.
    It happened to me then after researching I found I wasn't the only one.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you didn't do it already remove the striker and clean the factory oil off of it too. It is notorious for causing light primera strikes.
    It happened to me then after researching I found I wasn't the only one.
    Agreed. I had that issue. Cleaned off the striker and the channel and no more light strikes on mine.

Top Bottom