• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    Hello all. I recently picked up a brand new Uberti cattleman and the cylinder throats seem rather big. A slug seemingly falls through with no pressure applied. I was just wondering what you fellas think? It's a 357 and I will get my good measuring equipment later today to check again but with calipers it seem to be around .362. They aren't good calipers so I'm hoping it will measure better with my other tools. That's rather large right? I only bring this all up because with lead rounds it seems to shave them. Maybe gas slipping by the slug when it leaves the cylinder may be the culprit. Any info helps at this point. I really hate to send it back and wait for who knows how long....

Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    Well I ran some 357 jacketed bullets through it last night and was getting 6 inch group at 35 feet with the exception of a couple being flyers. I cant say for sure that it isn't me being not broke in with it yet. I didn't notice any spitting with them. The lead rounds were seeming to hit point of aim decently or would be 4 to 6 inches directly left. Say around half of them were to the left. I did smooth the trigger before I shot last night. That may be why the group was better than before as well. Still wondering if the flyers were me or due to te excessive throat.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Well I ran some 357 jacketed bullets through it last night and was getting 6 inch group at 35 feet with the exception of a couple being flyers. I cant say for sure that it isn't me being not broke in with it yet. I didn't notice any spitting with them. The lead rounds were seeming to hit point of aim decently or would be 4 to 6 inches directly left. Say around half of them were to the left. I did smooth the trigger before I shot last night. That may be why the group was better than before as well. Still wondering if the flyers were me or due to te excessive throat.
    If you can have someone else shoot it and see what results they get.

Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    I'm currently emailing back and forth with a smith at taylors and co. He said he pulled others off the shelf and they have throats reading the exact same as mine. Odd they actually machine them to this. Has to be something to do with excessive pressure im guessing. They may do it to prevent stress. Wish they could have found a better way to do so though.
    I was doing some more thinking about it, and do any of you suppose it just needs 100 to 150 rounds through it to break it in? Perhaps everything isn't loose enough yet?

Top Bottom