• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And not to beat a dead horse, while I appreciate your defense of the responders, I don't totally agree that "Everyone who replied was genuinely trying to help". Maybe I've gotten thin skinned in my old age but please explain to me how this response was helpful in the least;

[/HEADING]
    [HEADING=3]2in1evtime

Master​

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60 0 0
    Add Feedback
    Oct 30, 20113,229113retired-midwest

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2in1evtime was just agreeing that t-squared's advice was sound. Did you find t-squared's advice to be sound? If so, then you're both in agreement.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    And not to beat a dead horse, while I appreciate your defense of the responders, I don't totally agree that "Everyone who replied was genuinely trying to help". Maybe I've gotten thin skinned in my old age but please explain to me how this response was helpful in the least;

[/HEADING][/HEADING][/HEADING]
    [HEADING=3][HEADING=3][HEADING=3]2in1evtime

Master​

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60 0 0
    Add Feedback
    Oct 30, 20113,229113retired-midwest

THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sure thing, what 2in1 was doing was throwing his weight behind T-squared’s post. This is very common on Internet forums. When you throw a question open for an entire forum, you will often get different opinions. It is more practical and saves time to simply support information that someone has already posted then try to restate in their own words.

Hah, DoggyDaddy beat me to the reply. I probably should have quoted DD and said "this".

Last edited:

pdood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2022
    NWI
    Sure thing, what 2in1 was doing was throwing his weight behind T-squared’s post. This is very common on Internet forums. When you throw a question open for an entire forum, you will often get different opinions. It is more practical and saves time to simply support information that someone has already posted then try to restate in their own words.

Hah, DoggyDaddy beat me to the reply. I probably should have quoted DD and said "this".
    I don't get it. You all win. This is not for me thanks

pdood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2022
    NWI
    Seems like another newbie claiming to ask for information or opinions, getting them, and finding they don't match up to their pre-conceived notions and blaming INGO to me. It happens.
    understand reasonable answers maybe only rational opinions needed

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Here is all I could find in the manuals I have.
    20221111_192358.jpg

20221111_192034.jpg
    I'd personally start with the light load of the 71gr and work my way up checking for pressure signs.
    I'd load 5rds starting low, and work up at 0.1gr per load.

Edit:
    As to the proper COL I recommend doing a plunk test For every bullet type, weight, brand you use.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    understand reasonable answers maybe only rational opinions needed
    But you got reasonable answers. You agreed that they were helpful. Another member agreed with the answer you found to be helpful. I don't know. I give up. Best of luck with your loading endeavor.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I stipulate that based on what I read in the responses; I may have made some assumptions. As did some of the responders. For example, those whose opinions were that light grain bullets (i.e. 65 gr) are a "waste of money" as heavier grain bullets "...give more penetration" appear to be assuming that I am loading these to shoot something that is alive rather than plinking. I fully realize that a 32 acp is NOT the ideal self defense gun, nor would I consider using it as such. I have several other heavy caliber handguns for that. Every firearm is not for self defense. Some are just for fun. Thanks for your input.
    A guy that's been reloading for 40 years should know that all one has to do to get a COL on an unknown bullet is to do a plunk test.
    I imagine you must have forgotten about that.

pdood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2022
    NWI
    A guy that's been reloading for 40 years should know that all one has to do to get a COL on an unknown bullet is to do a plunk test.
    I thought so.
    are simple solutions here or later expected

pdood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2022
    NWI
    Nope didn't forget that. It just doesn't apply here. While plunk test may show a COL that is too long, it won't show one where the bullet has been set too deep (the 65 gr JHP is actually longer than the 71 gr RN). Also, there are many other shortcomings to the plunk test. It's not the final solution. Check that out on many other sites. As far as forgetting, I have probably forgotten more than you will ever know. Kinda scary, isn't it, that a "newbie" might know more than you? Anyway, this should give you and you Paw Patrol gang plenty to trash me for. Enjoy the opportunity. I won't be reading them though. I'm outa here. Buh Bye.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    While plunk test may show a COL that is too long, it won't show one where the bullet has been set too deep (the 65 gr JHP is actually longer than the 71 gr RN). Also, there are many other shortcomings to the plunk test. It's not the final solution. Check that out on many other sites. As far as forgetting, I have probably forgotten more than you will ever know. Kinda scary, isn't it, that a "newbie" might know more than you? Anyway, this should give you and you Paw Patrol gang plenty to trash me for. Enjoy the opportunity. I won't be reading them though. I'm outa here. Buh Bye.
    That's exactly why you do a plunk test.
    You see how long you can seat it, back it off a little for smooth feed, and start low on your powder charge, and work your way up.
    Why would anyone want to seat a bullet deeper anyway? It just builds more pressure, and is farther from the rifling thus less accuracy.

I've never found a shortcoming using the plunk test. Unfortunately you have left before you explained the shortcomings of the plunk test to this newbie reloaded. Maybe someone else here will let me know what the shortcomings of the plunk test is. I like to learn all I can while I can.

Just because we have a disagreement does not mean I'm going to trash you. You seem to have came with a little attitude problem as my mother would say.
    I'm sorry you were offended by my remarks. You were able to dish out, but unable to take even the slightest remarks back.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I'm debating on loading 32 auto for a 1969 Walther PPK/S I picked up a few months ago. Ammo is quite expensive , luckily the gun came with a full box of old Federal 71 grain FMJ ammo. The gun shoots quite well and is a pleasure to shoot.

The only bullets I can find readily available are the 71 grain plated Berrys. I may go ahead and do it , loading 2 or 3 boxes will probably pay for the dies in savings over factory ammo. If the primer situation gets better it would be easier to go ahead and order the 32 auto dies.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I would like to thank the good members here for watching my back, it was all i could do to hold my tongue as i know i would have been booted off the site for my response, hopefully we wont see pdoodlie any more I have no use for the thin skinned know it alls any ways anybody seen jeep hammer lately???

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I would like to thank the good members here for watching my back, it was all i could do to hold my tongue as i know i would have been booted off the site for my response, hopefully we wont see pdoodlie any more I have no use for the thin skinned know it alls any ways anybody seen jeep hammer lately???
    THIS !!!!!!!!! :cool:

Top Bottom