• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was out sighting in my Ruger American Rimfire Target a week or so ago after testing the scope I had on it on my Bergara 308. Looking forward to getting out with it and my Anschutz later this month... :yesway:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Had a chance to shoot a rifle today that I didn't even know existed.
    Zachcz picked it up last weekend & I volunteered to help him out by putting it through some rounds for him, since he had to work for a living! :laugh:
    I live off my wife's Social Security. :lmfao:

GSG-5 First Anniversary Edition is a semi-automatic 22LR.
    Produced 2007–present
    22-round magazines
    This rifle externally resembles the Heckler & Koch MP5 style submachine gun.
    The GSG-5 utilizes the H&K style drum sight that is adjustable for windage.
    German Sport Guns provides a weaver rail attachment that slides onto the top of the frame,
    allowing other sighting systems to be added.

The rifle was easy to shoot since it has a good high rail system didn't make me scrunch my neck to look through the old scope.

left side.jpg right side.jpg

1st range pic after dialing in old scope.
    Number 1 range pic.jpg

2-6 range pics.
    Can't quite keep it dialed in, keeps wanting to go low, or it's just me. :dunno:
    Number 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 range  pics.jpg

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Last winter I had issues with the wax causing the rounds to not slide up the magazine in my SW22 Victory. So I started taking the ammo out of the box, placing the box on top of the rounds, then drag them in all directions across a microfiber rag to remove as much of the wax as possible. It resolved my issue. Might be worth a try to see if it helps your issue as well.

VXcohlQ.jpg
    Thanks for the advice!

I finally got out to shoot again and I partially followed your advice, I just took a wash cloth and thoroughly wiped off each round before loading into the mag. It functioned marvelously with no extraction issues. At 20 yards it shoots through a half inch hole on steel without disturbing the target effortlessly, I can't wait to get it out to 50-100 and beyond to see what it can do.

savage22.jpg

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Thanks for the advice!

I finally got out to shoot again and I partially followed your advice, I just took a wash cloth and thoroughly wiped off each round before loading into the mag. It functioned marvelously with no extraction issues. At 20 yards it shoots through a half inch hole on steel without disturbing the target effortlessly, I can't wait to get it out to 50-100 and beyond to see what it can do.

savage22.jpg
    How do those savage rifles shoot? I have been threatening to buy one.
    But I have a anschutz I don't get to shoot much and I'm looking at a rock river arms 22lr

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Here is my AR22 (after a remodel) RPA front sight , bloop tube (machined up by me) Anschutz rear sight.
    Target was shot at 50 yards, prone with a sling, in a slight wind, SK yellow box.
    Now I need more practice time , I wish to do better then my 2019 performance at rimfire sporter, at Camp Perry/ U.S. National Matches.

Attachments

• 20210502_185421.jpg
      20210502_185421.jpg
      1,004.8 KB · Views: 14
    • Resized_Resized_20210501_115451(1).jpeg
      Resized_Resized_20210501_115451(1).jpeg
      752.6 KB · Views: 14

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Thanks for the advice!

savage22.jpg
    Come on out to the A&A Optics Range and join Revere's Riders in learning all about long range .22LR shooting ... https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2021-jun-13-liberty-in/

In fact, come out on Saturday to warm up for the long range event by participating in the Marty Brown Memorial event ... https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2021-jun-12-liberty-in/

You won't be disappointed.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My poverty plinker.
    What is it?
    I'm actually looking into a cheap Rossi RB22 it's their 22lr bolt action. My dad got the RX22 iirc that is the model of their 22lr semiautomatic. I'm very impressed with the reliability and accuracy of it. He paid $106 out the door. I want the bolt action version. For a beat up coon hunting rifle. Anyone have any experience with the Rossi RB22 model?

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I thought that the barrel on my 30+ year old Ruger 10/22 was shot out because it wouldn't hold a group for me anymore. My 12 year old great neice shot this group with it from 30 yds using some random 40gr I had laying around. I told her to shoot 1 round into the cardboard and put 4 more in the same hole.... I sold the rifle to her parents, my great neice has had the rifle for about 8 yrs now.

Attachments

• IMG_2883.JPG
      IMG_2883.JPG
      400.2 KB · Views: 9

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I thought that the barrel on my 30+ year old Ruger 10/22 was shot out because it wouldn't hold a group for me anymore. My 12 year old great neice shot this group with it from 30 yds using some random 40gr I had laying around. I told her to shoot 1 round into the cardboard and put 4 more in the same hole.... I sold the rifle to her parents, my great neice has had the rifle for about 8 yrs now.
    Now that warms my heart! :thumbsup:
    I can't imagine the joy of my son/daughter or grandson/daughter out shooting me, knowing how much they would enjoy that: the cycle of life! :)

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I took the CZ 457 MTR to it's 4th range trip today. Trips 1-3 were disappointing using low end ammo (Aguila Super Extra SV, Federal American Eagle and Federal Auto Match).
    Today I switched to SK Standard Plus and groups improved. I see the gun's potential with better ammo and improvement on my part.
    The INGO Brain Trust has frequently said that good .22 ammo makes a difference and now I understand.
    I need to double the ammo budget and find a cure for the 5th round flier virus that I have. I had a few good groups going until the virus said no.
    First photo, 5 round groups at 50 yds from a bench. The second photo is a close up of the flier that broke my heart.

Attachments

• P1020613.JPG
      P1020613.JPG
      4 MB · Views: 31
    • P1020614.JPG
      P1020614.JPG
      3.9 MB · Views: 30
    Top Bottom