• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thank you gentlemen. I got a good sampler mix of match ammo the other day to try out. 3 kinds of Eley, 2 kinds of RWS, 3 kinds of SK and some Lapua as well.

I did order some SK Rifle Match.

The Wolf Extra Match I did not order, but I have a few boxes at the house of Turbo if I ever get down to Indy.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    More testing today with the 457. Warmed up with some CCI and Aguila, then did a match ammo comparison. And I will now admit to myself, match ammo makes a big difference. The light bulb has finally turned on. I know, I know, I know......you folks have all been telling me and now I finally get it. While I didn't necessarily shoot the "smallest" groups I've ever shot with the rifle today, my percentage of sub-moa groups drastically increased, in fact it doubled (previous best was 30% with CCI SV, today was 60% with match ammo).

Best groups (50 yards)
    .278 Eley Club
    .315 Eley Bullseye Pistol X
    .350 SK Pistol Match Special
    .396 RWS R50
    .397 Eley Target Yellow
    .404 SK Rifle Match
    .433 Lapua Center X
    .452 RWS R50
    .453 Lapua Center X
    .457 SK Pistol Match Special
    .463 Eley Club
    .482 Eley Target Yellow
    --------
    .548 CCI SV
    .583 SK Standard Plus
    .594 RWS Special Match
    .610 RWS Special Match
    .610 SK Rifle Match
    .731 Eley Bullseye Pistol X
    1.587 SK Standard Plus :(
    1.612 CCI SV :(

*scope adjustment in between the two CCI SV groups

hxWktUD.jpg

0CczBk6.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As always, nice seeing your results Carlos. I wish I could shoot as consistent as you. More practice needed... :yesway:

Got my shipment of Eley TenX in yesterday. Looking forward to testing it out.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    As always, nice seeing your results Carlos. I wish I could shoot as consistent as you. More practice needed... :yesway:

Got my shipment of Eley TenX in yesterday. Looking forward to testing it out.
    Appreciate the kind words, but I'm still practicing too, there is much to learn. Just wait until I get out to 100 and my world changes.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Appreciate the kind words, but I'm still practicing too, there is much to learn. Just wait until I get out to 100 and my world changes.

Yep, I hear you. I'm pretty comfortable shooting at 25 and 50 yards, but if I stretch out to 75 and 100 yards it's very different. I definitely need to work on my basics and get better habits ingrained.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Sk rifle match did sub .5 at 50 yds in my 1022 GM barrel and cz455.

Standard velocity non match ammo, did not. In fact, in my Anschutz 184 and the other rifles CCI Blazer did better than the standard V.

Note: that little 184 loved WW 42gr Max. Australian made and about 60 bucks a brick pre panic

My 1022 target and CZ455 dont like it at all.

For cheap ammo, Blazer seems about the best across mult rifles.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    IMHO, you want to play the target game, lot to lot consistency, and consistency within lot, you gotta run match ammo.

Even if you find non match that works well.....how bout the next lot? Or the dud that costs you a target on a match?

Last edited:

Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    Just traded a cz 452 for a handgun, I knew the owner of the gun shop would give me a fair trade and he surprised me with alot more money for my cz than I exspected. He said the value of the cz was better. Than most rifles. It was a great gun to shoot, just plan on paying for some good glass and ammo to go with it. Won’t be sorry with a cz.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Sk rifle match did sub .5 at 50 yds in my 1022 GM barrel and cz455.

Standard velocity non match ammo, did not. In fact, in my Anschutz 184 and the other rifles CCI Blazer did better than the standard V.

Note: that little 184 loved WW 42gr Max. Australian made and about 60 bucks a brick pre panic

My 1022 target and CZ455 dont like it at all.

For cheap ammo, Blazer seems about the best across mult rifles.
    Yes, the el cheapo Blazer is surprisingly good for what it is. IMO its even better than CCI Sv. But, just so everybody is aware, that Federal also makes some lots that are basically Automatch in a different box and leaves much to be desired. Also the bulk box Blazer uses a different bullet and is also not very good, compared to the CCI produced boxed ammo.

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    Tikka or Bergara, both tack drivers, both well made. I also love my carbon BXR.

Side note: seems like that tippman is a good gun, impressive accuracy. Any complaints there?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Tikka or Bergara, both tack drivers, both well made. I also love my carbon BXR.

Side note: seems like that tippman is a good gun, impressive accuracy. Any complaints there?
    Zero complaints on the Tippmann, hands down my favorite semi auto 22 rifle.

Posted this in another rimfire thread, but the Tippmann will get some range time with match ammo hopefully soon. I think it has serious potential.

dmf2yh7.jpg

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    Zero complaints on the Tippmann, hands down my favorite semi auto 22 rifle.

Posted this in another rimfire thread, but the Tippmann will get some range time with match ammo hopefully soon. I think it has serious potential.

dmf2yh7.jpg
    That’s impressive for a semi, especially since it’s not marketed as a precision gun!

Top Bottom