• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I love a good 22. I have a few...enough that I was starting to think that maybe I have a problem. But now I know I don't...at least not compared to the OP, lol ;). I'm a Marlin and Ruger fan myself...particularly the older ones.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have two rifles, a Weatherby XXII and a Ruger 10/22. I don't need both but it's nice to have when two of us wants to shoot.

And I have a Ruger MKII and S&W 617.

So I'm good on .22's.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    That's a sweet collection!

Due to the current prices on ammo my 22's have become my most used guns recently. I used to neglect them but found a new appreciation for them. It's nice to be able to shoot a bunch without thinking about the hurting it's putting on my wallet.

My Henry lever action is my favorite, paired with a Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight it's an absolute treat. New shooters love it.

And I've bought two 22lr handguns since the current shortage, a Heritage Rough Rider 6.5" and a Taurus TX22. Both are well-liked and serve their place. The Rough Rider is ridiculously fun to shoot and even to disassemble and clean. The TX22 serves well as sort of an analog for training my full-size pistols. It even fits in some of my CZ P-10c holsters so I can practice draws and dry practice with it at home and just keep my P-10c loaded. Decent trigger on the TX22 too.

In short my addiction is pretty new and definetely not going away anytime soon :ingo:

Last edited:

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I love a good 22. I have a few...enough that I was starting to think that maybe I have a problem. But now I know I don't...at least not compared to the OP, lol ;). I'm a Marlin and Ruger fan myself...particularly the older ones.

Awesome! Is that an old Stevens "crackshot" with an oct. bbl on the right?
    No sir, it's a Hopkins and Allen No. 922 22LR. The rifling is all but gone but it can still hit a pop can at 30 or so feet.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    That's a sweet collection!

Due to the current prices on ammo my 22's have become my most used guns recently. I used to neglect them but found a new appreciation for them. It's nice to be able to shoot a bunch without thinking about the hurting it's putting on my wallet.

My Henry lever action is my favorite, paired with a Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight it's an absolute treat. New shooters love it.

And I've bought two 22lr handguns since the current shortage, a Heritage Rough Rider 6.5" and a Taurus TX22. Both are well-liked and serve their place. The Rough Rider is ridiculously fun to shoot and even to disassemble and clean. The TX22 serves well as sort of an analog for training my full-size pistols. It even fits in some of my CZ P-10c holsters so I can practice draws and dry practice with it at home and just keep my P-10c loaded. Decent trigger on the TX22 too.

In short my addiction is pretty new and definetely not going away anytime soon :ingo:
    My go to 22 rifle is my Marlin 25, I've had it for close to 30 years. I only have one 22 pistol it's a Ruger SR22, the grandkids love shooting that one. My sister bought a TX22 just a few weeks ago, it shoots very well. I think I see one of those in my not so distant future.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think I need to develop a soft spot for a few of those! Very nice line up!!
    My very first rifle as a kid was a 44 U.S.. (not the one I have now, sadly) I used one to get my rifle and shotgun merit badge in Boy Scouts many moons ago and fell in love with it, so I looked for one shortly afterward. Only gave $50 for that one! :oldwise:

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Any of you 22LR fanatics know of a gunsmith that does work on Ruger wood stocks?

The screw at the end of the barrel on my Mannlicher Ruger 10/22 just turns and turns. I need to remove it for disassembly / cleaning but at least one Indianapolis-area smith won't do wood work.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    I have two rifles, a Weatherby XXII and a Ruger 10/22. I don't need both but it's nice to have when two of us wants to shoot.
    If the MK XXII ever needs to find a good home, I know someone who would give it lots n lots of love. I used to have one. I even found a like new original Weatherby rimfire scope for it. Sweetest shooting rifle I ever owned. One ragged hole at 50 yds all day long. I've been kicking myself every since for letting it go.

Top Bottom