• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    We have had good success here at Riley Conservation Club with our .22 Long Range Rifle matches, shooting out to 240 yards. We usually promote our matches on this forum, some of you have followed us and our growth. The past 2 years, we offered an end of season, championship style event with 6 stages for our regular shooters, with a max participation of 24 shooters. As our participation grew, I felt compelled to offer our Fall Classic event this year as a 2-day, 36 entry match.

I am very pleased to inform that (without advertising) our 2-day match is 90% sold out. If you have shot with us before and wish to shoot this event, we have 4 slots available on Sunday Sept 12. Please contact me if you would like to shoot this event.

Thank you for your support!

Rich

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    So this match is in the books. We had a great event, 33 registered entries but 2 (father & son) had last minute cancel for covid quarantine. Both days had 10-14 mph winds, with multiple switching directions each day.
    Our new format of a 2-day match was well received. With fewer entries each day, Saturday's match ran an expected 5 hours and we were done today in under 4 hours, thanks to some energetic target painters.

INGO was well represented!
    Littlrat was High Overall Champion, I came in second by 4 points. Armchair Operator won High Master, rcs36 won Master, and Craig Kinney (can't recall his username) won our Standard class.

We gave awards for high overall & runner-up, plus the top 2 places in all 3 skill classes, and High Junior too. 30+ door prizes, and $218 in assorted prize money including Lewis class payouts. The single winner for Stage 6, a double KYL (Know Your Limit) stage, got paid $62.

Both days concluded with a short meal of deer burger cooked in salsa, with scoop corn chips, coneys, sloppy joes.

Many thanks to all who competed, a big percentage of our shooters are age 60+. For those who have read about us or followed our threads, plan to join us next year and share the fun. It's a great bunch of guys in our monthly matches, we have one more match scheduled for Saturday Oct 9.

Rich

Last edited:
    Top Bottom