• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Ive seen the halo a couple times but ive never seen one with a line through it. Thats pretty cool.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I slept on my roof last night and was awed by it.
    The smart phone camera didn't really do it justice. It was unmistakable and breathtaking.

I took it at 12:50 AM. Hoping for no cloud cover again in the early AM. Moon will be getting fatter, headed into the full moon Saturday.

I'm studying up on how to get rid of the lens flare.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Gonna need some more details on this one.

On the roof? In indiana? In February?

Wife kick you out? ;)
    The wife was next to me.

The house I build has a flat roof where we have the solar panels, hydroponics, and some of the container garden. We often sleep outside up there when it is nice and clear. We also watch a lot of sunsets and sunrises from there. It was 40f. No bugs, no pollen, perfect sleeping weather. It got windy by morning but it was nice. One side of the house is partially earth bermed so getting up on the roof is simple. We were quite snug in our 0f bags.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The wife was next to me.

The house I build has a flat roof where we have the solar panels, hydroponics, and some of the container garden. We often sleep outside up there when it is nice and clear. We also watch a lot of sunsets and sunrises from there. It was 40f. No bugs, no pollen, perfect sleeping weather. It got windy by morning but it was nice. One side of the house is partially earth bermed so getting up on the roof is simple. We were quite snug in our 0f bags.
    Nice! Do you ever get any visits from the local wildlife when you're up there? When I'd do my nights on the deck it wasn't uncommon to have a furry guest.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    The smart phone camera didn't really do it justice. It was unmistakable and breathtaking.

I took it at 12:50 AM. Hoping for no cloud cover again in the early AM. Moon will be getting fatter, headed into the full moon Saturday.

I'm studying up on how to get rid of the lens flare.
    It’s really hard to photo the moon.. good luck!
    ive been out at night lately and the moon makes it so bright with the snow.. going to miss that.. sort of

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It’s really hard to photo the moon.. good luck!
    ive been out at night lately and the moon makes it so bright with the snow.. going to miss that.. sort of
    I'm no photographer, but better cameras in smart phones have enabled me to capture a few moon shots along with sunsets and sunrises.

I'm playing with the pro mode on my Note9 to attempt to mediate the occasional lens flare. I actually think the flare is kind of cool in some shots. But would like to have the option to remove it.

20210127_213343.jpg

Top Bottom