KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Last night off the Weber kettle. Leg quarters brazed in Buffalo sauce
    View attachment 277187
    I can't even begin to count how many pieces of bar-b-que chicken have been grilled over many years on a weber kettle by myself, family and friends. Good eating and good times were shared by all over some weber kettle grilled chicken.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The wrap part for ribs I've seen, forgot who, is doing a foil boat for the bottom then pink butcher paper for the top.
    You get the wrap part but the paper top doesn't soften the bark as a full foil wrap.
    Putting it back in the smoker/oven after the wrap will put the crust back on it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Today I tried country style ribs for the first time. Really pretty good. Got a couple bites with tiny bone fragments in it that were hard to find and remove, but overall it was good. I dont like it as much as St Louis style ribs, but the rest of the fam is hooked.
    Oh, and I found these and they worked soooo much better than foil wrap.

Amazon product ASIN B07K599FS2

And by hooked, when I mentioned we could only do it on weekends when I could cook them all day, my homeschooled kids offered to help fire up the smoker and do what was needed to start it early enough. So if they are volunteering to help cook, they MUST be good!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That should last a couple days.
    That's only half of what I would normally buy, but since getting the pellet grill I only use charcoal for burgers, roasts, steaks, etc. Anything BBQ, chicken, pork shoulder or tenderloins, briskets and even hot dogs and sausage, gets put on the pellet smoker.

I suspect this should last till Labor Day

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    We don’t usually do much for supper on Sunday nights since the kids are usually all off hanging out with friends. But tonight my boys were home and they mentioned wanting steak for supper.

Unfortunately when I went to grab the charcoal, I discovered I was at the bottom of the bag of my BB charcoal. Couple good chunks and a bunch of scraps and dust. I was still able to get it lit, but it took some effort. Ribeyes for me and one son, and NY strip for wife and other son. Sorry, no pics but they were fantastic.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Two 8# shoulders on the Zgrill tonight. Gonna feed my local FD tomorrow.

View attachment 278266
    Wife is off to deliver dinner to our FD. 2 stations to deliver to since they're extremely short staffed.

Along with the pulled pork, I made my homemade BBQ sauce. They're also getting potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, and chips. And cake for dessert

20230527_085942.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wife is off to deliver dinner to our FD. 2 stations to deliver to since they're extremely short staffed.

Along with the pulled pork, I made my homemade BBQ sauce. They're also getting potato salad, Cole slaw, and chips. And cake for dessert

View attachment 278372
    Outstanding Don. Major respect to you and your wife for doing that.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Outstanding Don. Major respect to you and your wife for doing that.
    These guys deserve it. So understaffed it's not funny. Hobart has 4 stations. 1 is permanently closed and only enough guys to have 2 of the 3 stations open today. Believe only 9 guys on duty today, and that covers both fire and ems.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    These guys deserve it. So understaffed it's not funny. Hobart has 4 stations. 1 is permanently closed and only enough guys to have 2 of the 3 stations open today. Believe only 9 guys on duty today, and that covers both fire and ems.
    Yeah that's a shame. What you did for them especially resonated with me because my dad was a volunteer fire fighter for many years when I was young before, he passed away. The Dept. lead the funeral procession with a fire engine.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yeah that's a shame. What you did for them especially resonated with me because my dad was a volunteer fire fighter for many years when I was young before, he passed away.
    They requested beer brats next...lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom