• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    The poison worms worked on one out back for me, the one out front was the scissor trap. I put it in a tunnel then rolled the yard, he was snapped within two hours.

I may have to try some of the poison worms as well. My soil is dry, loose & sandy. Soime areas are more like a sandbox than a yard

I have 2 spike traps & 2 siscor traps. As dry as it has been the sandy soil is really loose & they tunnel under the siscor traps without tripping, this happened twice yesterday & I kept resetting.

The spike traps trip sometimes in the loose soil and the spring pulls the base out of the soil not allowing the spikes to penetrate.

Planning to roll the yard after we get rain.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been able to kill whitetail, turkey, coyotes, fox and raccoons with relative ease but moles have eluded me. Tried a couple different types of traps and gave up. Maybe some day when I run out of other things to do around here lol.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I may have to try some of the poison worms as well. My soil is dry, loose & sandy. Soime areas are more like a sandbox than a yard

I have 2 spike traps & 2 siscor traps. As dry as it has been the sandy soil is really loose & they tunnel under the siscor traps without tripping, this happened twice yesterday & I kept resetting.

The spike traps trip sometimes in the loose soil and the spring pulls the base out of the soil not allowing the spikes to penetrate.

Planning to roll the yard after we get rain.
    I was having trouble with the dryness and them being able to go through the trap without setting it off. I found that if I cut a square of cardboard and place it under the trigger plate that it helps.

I don't know how many I've caught this year, but it's been a busy year for sure. They were wrecking the garden for awhile.

Top Bottom