• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Do i understand correctly, teachers will now be paid for training and allowed to carry in schools? WLFI, on line 5-4-23 Signed by the Gov.?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not sure we discussed this one:

I can see it, 25 feet keeps bystanders out of the crime scene but allows for it to be witnessed. Unless you're carrying a Polaroid SX-70 25 feet is well within camera range.

Senator Obtuse has problems with it, of course he does.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I can see it, 25 feet keeps bystanders out of the crime scene but allows for it to be witnessed. Unless you're carrying a Polaroid SX-70 25 feet is well within camera range.

I have a feeling that the courts are going to end up intervening regarding what constitutes a "reasonable" distance for LEO to perform their duties without interference. A distance of 25 feet isn't terrible. It errs on the side of preventing interference. But why would 15 feet - or 10 feet - not be reasonable?

Granted, laws wouldn't be needed to codify such specifics if a) (some) people didn't try to interfere with LEO performing their duties, and b) (some) LEO didn't try to avoid transparency/accountability in the performance of their duties.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a feeling that the courts are going to end up intervening regarding what constitutes a "reasonable" distance for LEO to perform their duties without interference. A distance of 25 feet isn't terrible. It errs on the side of preventing interference. But why would 15 feet - or 10 feet - not be reasonable?

Granted, laws wouldn't be needed to codify such specifics if a) (some) people didn't try to interfere with LEO performing their duties, and b) (some) LEO didn't try to avoid transparency/accountability in the performance of their duties.
    Pretty much ANY law wouldn't be necessary if people were reasonable.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

25' is just over 8 yards. Not a great distance by any stretch.
    Some people are capable of covering 25' in 3 steps, maybe 4.
    That takes virtually no time at all.

Now I'm hearing Lynyrd Skynyrd
    "Gimme three steps, gimme three steps mister, gimme three steps towards the door..."

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Not good...

SEYMOUR, Ind. (WISH) — Indiana State Police arrested State Rep. Jim Lucas for drunk driving and leaving the scene of an accident early Wednesday morning in Jackson County.

Rep. Lucas (R – District 69) crashed his vehicle on I-65 just north of Seymour at around 12 a.m., ISP Public Information Officer Sgt. Stephen Wheeles confirmed to News 8.

Lucas drove away from the scene of the crash and Seymour police found his vehicle a short time later at a different location, Wheeles says.

Officers found Lucas nearby and arrested him for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and leaving the scene of an accident.

Lucas was booked into the Jackson County Jail shortly before 4 a.m., according to online jail records accessed by News 8.

Bond for the state representative was set at $705. As of 8 a.m., he had not bonded out, jail officials say.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    The standard response of politicians arrested for DUI is to apologize to anyone that will listen, claim responsibility but hint at other causes and then promise to attend rehab. After that any mention of the incident is dismissed at old news.

A charge of leaving the scene of an accident may be a lot tougher to explain.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County

1685542718230.png
    It would appear, I did not read the article, but from the .gov site it says current law declares it at 150 ft, so this change would allow you to get MUCH closer to "the action" rather than farther away.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh, and it just dawned on me this is being discussed over here...

Top Bottom