• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It seems to be picking back up here. We had a neighbor's dog hitting the bait pile pretty hard for several days and it drug off the last roadkill carcass so after a chat with the neighbor, the dog must be penned up again because it is not on the cameras and the yotes are back. We also have a very healthy looking fox hitting the pile every night, but we are giving her a pass as hubby has been watching her clean up the mice out there. That thermal scope picks up everything. @Rookie it must have been the humidity...he's got it dialed in now!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It seems to be picking back up here. We had a neighbor's dog hitting the bait pile pretty hard for several days and it drug off the last roadkill carcass so after a chat with the neighbor, the dog must be penned up again because it is not on the cameras and the yotes are back. We also have a very healthy looking fox hitting the pile every night, but we are giving her a pass as hubby has been watching her clean up the mice out there. That thermal scope picks up everything. @Rookie it must have been the humidity...he's got it dialed in now!
    We have a good looking fox hanging around here as well, it's been a regular all winter.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    We have one that frequents our barn and does its part to clean up the mice. Along with a barn owl..

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    When I had chickens and guineas, fox were not welcome guests. No more poultry here for them to kill so I enjoy seeing them.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    We'll season has ended, I was on the struggle bus this year, very little action or cooperation from dogs.

Will continue my hunting on family farms or places with written permission. Hopefully they cooperate.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Hunting family farms or places with written permission. Out of season hunting requires written permission from landowner. My buddy got a ticket for shooting coons on my place out of season. Need to have it in writing to be legal .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Seen my first yote in a couple years as I was gardening a few hours ago. Also the first time I drew my pistol, with serious intention, in a few years.

I need to brush up on my 50 yard pistol shooting. I done well on a plate rack at 25 yards, but had not practiced at 50.

I had the yote in the circle/dot a couple of times, plus when I stopped it, with a whistle, at 60-65 yards.

I'm gonna practice my longer range pistol shooting with the dot, so that I'm comfortable taking the shot. Gonna put the .243 by the shop window also.

I txt'd the neighbor (landowner.) He said I should have shot.

;)

Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    I typically set up on the edge of a field, lots of open area to scan. I think this is the common practice. Has anyone had success hunting in the woods, as is more common whitetail hunting? Field of view would be reduced, but I wonder if it might be easier to get a yote to investigate a call where it feels more protected as opposed to out in the open, exposed. Or is this a flawed theory?

Top Bottom