• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Having an old bronco in the family as a kid I loved the idea of them.
    retro look.

Old boss got job in Nashville order his bronco as soon as they made them available (if not before) at his ford dealer. He does not off-road, camp, wheel, ect. He got new job out of Carmel and while driving on the highway back to Carmel fr9m Nashville if just blew up with no warning.

it is still at a ford dealer in Kentucky. I think they put him in a ranger as a loaner. Was told bad steel on valve spring area.

second one lasted under 2k miles but that guy bought it to wheel and off road. On second trip to land between the lakes dead. I think his made it back to where they camped.

both were born on dates within a week of each other so maybe it is just a bad batch of parts. Second one I blamed on the guy cause I have never saw a guy abuse a wheeler like he does.

Ford did a good job with the aesthetics, IMO, a nice mix of retro and modern both inside and out.

Probably not the 2nd guy's fault either, it's just a bad batch of parts. Ford's actually detuned the 2.7 in the Bronco compared to the F150, and there's fairly aggressive torque management in the lowest gears (if it's "off road tuning" or "keep idiots from breaking stuff tuning" is debatable, but it blows off boost early in 1st and 2nd).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My experience aligns with yours with the jeep vs bronco assessment. Interior dimensions and steering/road characteristics are both a big win for the Bronco.

I need a daily driver that can off-road. Jeep is better for an off-road vehicle that can daily. Don't really need a pickup or I'd just keep my eff-onefiddy.

Ordering starts Aug 15 and I'll be placing mine that day.
    Ordering starts aug 15? You mean for the 2023’s?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Having an old bronco in the family as a kid I loved the idea of them.
    retro look.

Old boss got job in Nashville order his bronco as soon as they made them available (if not before) at his ford dealer. He does not off-road, camp, wheel, ect. He got new job out of Carmel and while driving on the highway back to Carmel fr9m Nashville if just blew up with no warning.

it is still at a ford dealer in Kentucky. I think they put him in a ranger as a loaner. Was told bad steel on valve spring area.

second one lasted under 2k miles but that guy bought it to wheel and off road. On second trip to land between the lakes dead. I think his made it back to where they camped.

both were born on dates within a week of each other so maybe it is just a bad batch of parts. Second one I blamed on the guy cause I have never saw a guy abuse a wheeler like he does.
    If the engine is the 2.7 and was manufactured between May-Aug 2021, there’s a known problem with the valves that causes a catastrophic engine failure. Something like 24K vehicles are affected. Ford is so far not recalling those vehicles. They’re replacing the engines under warranty after they blow.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And if no one orders them they do not exist in the used market. BB is right, they do exist, but in the used market are ragged out as pure work trucks.

I also believe that a trucks bed is far less important than it once was, which is why even 3500 trucks often do not have an 8 foot bed, it is more about tow capacity now. Forty years ago the plethora of trailers did not exist like today.
    For bed size, I know a guy that was hauling 12 ft. sheets of drywall in either a short bed ranger or s-10 can't remember which. He built a rack that he could strap down and load a half dz or so sheets in on their edge. It worked for him.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For bed size, I know a guy that was hauling 12 ft. sheets of drywall in either a short bed ranger or s-10 can't remember which. He built a rack that he could strap down and load a half dz or so sheets in on their edge. It worked for him.

You can do a lot of stuff with a little truck, see: everywhere in the world not the US, but there's a certain amount of convenience and comfort in having "the right" or "way more" tool than you actually need. Giggity.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Only tangentially related. When arriving at a car dealership without knowing any salesmen, when the person at the door asks you "are you here to see anyone in particular" the correct answer is "anybody over 40." I don't have the time or inclination to teach you your job, but I will point out your games and laugh at you. Not every saleskid is an idiot, but holy crap are you rolling the dice. And why are you wearing woman's sunglasses?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For those of you of the thinking that Ford isn't pursuing EV's as aggressively as other companies:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For those of you of the thinking that Ford isn't pursuing EV's as aggressively as other companies:

They are following both paths. GM is saying "100% EV by 2035" where as Ford is saying more like 40% globally. We tend to look at things through a US specific viewpoint for obvious reasons, but Ford sells a lot of vehicles in places that are not pursuing EVs and don't have the infrastructure to do so. Ford thinks Europe will be all EV before anyone from the last thing I read, but other countries will lag substantially so they continue R&D on ICE vehicles as well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They are following both paths. GM is saying "100% EV by 2035" where as Ford is saying more like 40% globally. We tend to look at things through a US specific viewpoint for obvious reasons, but Ford sells a lot of vehicles in places that are not pursuing EVs and don't have the infrastructure to do so. Ford thinks Europe will be all EV before anyone from the last thing I read, but other countries will lag substantially so they continue R&D on ICE vehicles as well.
    Ford: "We have every intention of being the #1 pickup truck maker..."

Now, that's not really making any statements about what percentage of their production will be electric. You can be #1 in a category and still produce another category. I think that represents an aggressive move towards EV. Ford appears to be projecting a more practical approach than GM. GM, frankly, is virtue signaling. Who knows what things will be like in 2035. Millennials will be running things by then. Zoomers will be the prime demographic by then. Maybe GM can make that work. Maybe they're full of ****.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    TFL has a hands-on with with a pre-production model:

TFL is kind of hit and miss for me. Some of their videos are very information dense. Others are 2 minutes of content spread over 15 minutes, and more and more they are creating content solely for the purpose of having more content. Which is fine, that's how they make their money, but I'm pretty selective about what I watch of theirs these days. This one was worth the watch, IMO, though I did so at 1.5x.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Little off topic, but in my morning automotive news feed, GM announced that it is requiring that purchasers of Buicks(I believe), Cadillac and GMC vehicles to purchase the Onstar subscription for $1500. It is automatically added to the MSRP.

They say it's part of their strategy to earn $$$ in software profits.

I say it may cause sales in those brands to stagnate but we will see.

I know if I was considering, say, a Canyon pick up and could forego the $1500 charge for something I don't want, I'd switch to the Colorado.

Or maybe I'd me mad enough to move to another brand other than GM.

And Ford is increasing the price of the Lightning F150. 17% for some trim levels.

I'm tired, lol...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Little off topic, but in my morning automotive news feed, GM announced that it is requiring that purchasers of Buicks(I believe), Cadillac and GMC vehicles to purchase the Onstar subscription for $1500. It is automatically added to the MSRP.

They say it's part of their strategy to earn $$$ in software profits.

I say it may cause sales in those brands to stagnate but we will see.

I know if I was considering, say, a Canyon pick up and could forego the $1500 charge for something I don't want, I'd switch to the Colorado.

Would you look at a Canyon, though? Different clientele, someone looking at the GMC twin or a Cadillac is already someone willing to pay more for gizmos, branding, luxury, etc.

Buick only exists because China likes them and buys a bunch. They don't sell enough domestically to make it worth the bother of producing it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Would you look at a Canyon, though? Different clientele, someone looking at the GMC twin or a Cadillac is already someone willing to pay more for gizmos, branding, luxury, etc.

Buick only exists because China likes them and buys a bunch. They don't sell enough domestically to make it worth the bother of producing it.
    Yeah, there is that. I have never really understood folks buying GMC over Chevrolet. Especially when historically, the GMC's cost more.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When I was going to school at GMI, there was a joke that Chevy and GM both went down the same assembly line. Only difference was that they tightened the bolts on the GMCs. :):
    When I worked at the truck plant in Flint, we barely paid any attention to which one we were building. My jobs there were too far up the line to know.

Top Bottom