• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One of my partners ordered a '22 F-150 in February. So far, he's still driving his 2010 with over 350,000 miles.
    We "ordered" a '22 Sienna back in Feb. Two different dealerships. So far, we're still driving our '09 Kia Sedona with about 185k miles.

According to many experts, that van has been on its last legs for a handful of years now.

If I knew how much longer it was going to be before the new van arrives (allocation system between Toyota and the dealerships - not an "ordering" system) - that'd help me determine if I should put another $1000 into some repairs or not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Would you look at a Canyon, though? Different clientele, someone looking at the GMC twin or a Cadillac is already someone willing to pay more for gizmos, branding, luxury, etc.

Buick only exists because China likes them and buys a bunch. They don't sell enough domestically to make it worth the bother of producing it.
    GMC AT4 has a lot of off road goodies out of the box. If I were in the market for a mid-size off-road pickup truck I’d at least look at the AT4. But if they forced buyers to get on-star I’d tell them to **** off.

And I see a lot of Buick's on the road still. Not like back in the day. And I don’t know why, maybe brand loyalty. But they do sell some in the US.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    GMC AT4 has a lot of off road goodies out of the box. If I were in the market for a mid-size off-road pickup truck I’d at least look at the AT4. But if they forced buyers to get on-star I’d tell them to **** off.

And I see a lot of Buick's on the road still. Not like back in the day. And I don’t know why, maybe brand loyalty. But they do sell some in the US.
    Have a friend who has an AT4. Very nice truck.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Buick - yes, they sell some in the US, but not much and that's with a ton of money dumped into advertising and trying to reinvent the brand as a young person brand.

AT4 is a mostly cosmetic package for people who want to think they might go offroad. Less skid plate protection than competitors, exposed gas tank, low hanging exhaust and suspension mounts, etc. The AT4X is supposed to be better. I'm getting bids on the F-150 Tremor and Ram 1500 Rebel at this point, unless I can find a certified used Raptor I like I'll be going with one of those.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    So many different version of off road, farmers maybe towing and muddy fields, overlander camping and light trails plus highway, desert racing Baja style speed over terrain, rock crawlers approach angles and suspension tricks, hunter maybe wants a camper shell over 6 feet for a sleeper and hauling a deer out.
    now just from those maybe 5 versions of each. Blends so to speak.

plenty of choices to start any of them. Factory you pay up front with interest over time. Aftermarket mainly paid out of pocket with more expense and better preforming than factory. Getting what you need with out the options you do not use is a major factor.

they make to to get something you must have package number 9. That package includes what you need And what you don’t.
    much harder now to get different engines and tranny packages.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Buick only exists because China likes them and buys a bunch. They don't sell enough domestically to make it worth the bother of producing it.
    That's an interesting bit of car trivia. Seems like Buick in China is regarded as Mercedes is here in the US.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Buick - yes, they sell some in the US, but not much and that's with a ton of money dumped into advertising and trying to reinvent the brand as a young person brand.

AT4 is a mostly cosmetic package for people who want to think they might go offroad. Less skid plate protection than competitors, exposed gas tank, low hanging exhaust and suspension mounts, etc. The AT4X is supposed to be better. I'm getting bids on the F-150 Tremor and Ram 1500 Rebel at this point, unless I can find a certified used Raptor I like I'll be going with one of those.
    If I had it to do all over again, I might go with the Ram Rebel. But I like my Chevy. No problems with it and for a full size truck with a V8, it gets the same mileage as my Grand Cherokee. I’m not going rock crawling with it. But it does fine off road. Biggest peeve. If you get something with the top off road package and a very high hood, c’mon. Give me a front camera. I can’t see 20 feet in front of me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If I had it to do all over again, I might go with the Ram Rebel. But I like my Chevy. No problems with it and for a full size truck with a V8, it gets the same mileage as my Grand Cherokee. I’m not going rock crawling with it. But it does fine off road. Biggest peeve. If you get something with the top off road package and a very high hood, c’mon. Give me a front camera. I can’t see 20 feet in front of me.

The lack of an option for a 360 camera is the big thing that keeps me from considering the Big Horn Backcountry. It is an option on the Rebel now, though you have to add either the safety package or trailer package. I've compared the Rebel to the Tremor extensively and if you're actually going to offroad I think the Tremor is the stronger option. The Rebel with the auto transfer case relies solely on clutch pressure and can overheat. The Tremor shares with the Raptor and has an auto function but also a mechanical lock function. Tremor (optionally) has a Torsen front locker like the Raptor, Rebel is open diff only on the front. Tremor has guide lines on the front facing cam, Rebel does not. Ford has the "drive modes" that Ram does not across the board. Tremor has headlights that adjust based on steering input to help see around curves and not blind oncoming traffic, Rebel does not.

The only downside is you have to buy the "high" package to get the good transfer case and headlights. I end up with options I otherwise would not buy, like leather interior. The Ford has ventilated seats as well, which IMO is a decent idea with leather. I'd rather just have cloth seats and then if I wanted leather I'd get Katzkin to do it, as I think their quality exceeds most any OEM "leather".

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    After two recent snow storms out here the little Focus wasn't cutting it. Went and got a Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4, it's definitely a more appropriate vehicle, never actually owned a truck before but my wife has been wanting one as well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Depending on your age, you now may have a lot of new friends. You'll be in their contact list as "friend with truck". Hey buddy, so, um, I bought this thing at Lowes and you have a truck and...
    This happened to me years ago. I rebuilt a '76 Chevy 1/2ton. Mild build on the engine, nice paint. I had a company vehicle so it mostly sat in my driveway. Until someone needed a truck, lol.

I finally sold it.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    After two recent snow storms out here the little Focus wasn't cutting it. Went and got a Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4, it's definitely a more appropriate vehicle, never actually owned a truck before but my wife has been wanting one as well.
    I've had 2 Tacos in my lifetime. I like both of them quite a lot. 1st one had a standard transmission, 2nd one was a bougie 4 door 4x4. I didn't lose money on either one when I traded them for a replacement.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've had 2 Tacos in my lifetime. I like both of them quite a lot. 1st one had a standard transmission, 2nd one was a bougie 4 door 4x4. I didn't lose money on either one when I traded them for a replacement.
    My "grail" truck would be a manual trans, V6 Tacoma, preferably in SR5 trim.

Top Bottom