• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have a spike buck on the cameras this week with just one antler. He had both last week so I guess they are starting to shed here as well.

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    Evidently in parts of Ohio shed is the head and all.. driving to Toledo I saw 3 bucks..? the antlers were gone as well as the head.. I am guessing it was a buck and someone got an easy mount?? ..
    I saw a lot of headless deer lying along the highways last year (Ohio). I was told the state was testing them for chronic wasting disease.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I saw a lot of headless deer lying along the highways last year (Ohio). I was told the state was testing them for chronic wasting disease.
    BS. Somebody with a battery powered sawzall saw a nice rack or the CO saw it first and to prevent an accident, cut it off. They never cut the heads off does. Every one I ever saw missing a head over there was a big bodied buck.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    BS. Somebody with a battery powered sawzall saw a nice rack or the CO saw it first and to prevent an accident, cut it off. They never cut the heads off does. Every one I ever saw missing a head over there was a big bodied buck.
    Last year my buddy came across a b&c on I69. He works timber and used a Husqvarna to finish hes roadside butchering. He looked like he walked off the set of a horror film.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Picked up a road kill buck yesterday.
    Still had both antlers.
    Not only were they both still there, they skull was broken from the vehicle impact and I still had to cut the antlers away.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    My wife found 2 yesterday driving by the same field I have found 2. She saw one anf stopped to go get it. She found a smaller one on her way out. She was excited as those are her first sheds ever. We are planning on walking the woods around that field when the snow is gone.

Top Bottom