• ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    This one belongs in 2021. :stickpoke:
    I know, I know. I add old sheds I find in the fall to my current years count. Fresh horn found in December goes to my next year count. Just how I roll.

It does seem early, that match set came from a heavily wooded area. This particular area has produced early sheds(December) I think mainly due to lack of nutrition. The December shed is an oddity. I normally don't find sheds where it came from till March, guessing it might be wounded and stressed.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I know, I know. I add old sheds I find in the fall to my current years count. Fresh horn found in December goes to my next year count. Just how I roll.

It does seem early, that match set came from a heavily wooded area. This particular area has produced early sheds(December) I think mainly due to lack of nutrition. The December shed is an oddity. I normally don't find sheds where it came from till March, guessing it might be wounded and stressed.
    Having a low nutrition area like that let's you start the shed thread every year!

Last edited:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Evidently in parts of Ohio shed is the head and all.. driving to Toledo I saw 3 bucks..? the antlers were gone as well as the head.. I am guessing it was a buck and someone got an easy mount?? ..

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    60 years old.....never found a shed. I couldn't find a shed if I saw it fall off. I don't know how people find them. I think my area they all fall off out in the picked fields....LOL.
    I had a really nice buck that spent time on my family's property several years ago. I looked everywhere for his sheds (or so I thought) to no avail. The farmer that leased our ag fields found one in his tractor tire while planting the following spring. He removed it from his tire and gave it away to a relative without mentioning it to us until much later. :xmad:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have a few that I have found. Three are nice ones that I got before the squirrels started chewing on them. I have one that I found from a spike buck. That was pure luck!

Top Bottom