• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I remember now. You cooked a bunch up just a couple months ago.
    Sounds like it's a hit, any tips on how you reheat it. Cooking some today for the daughter's grad party tomorrow. Any help with the best way to reheat it is welcome. The wife was thinking crockpot.

Sorry, a little late now but 2-3 hours in a crockpot or if it’s just a small gallon bag for a meal warm water under the sink until heated.

Me and another guy have smoked about 40 butts and got about 20 more to do before the season is over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No delicious meat to show this time but instead, a tip for those using charcoal, particularly in a kamado type cooker. This thing has changed my game in a very good way. I'm not usually in a hurry when I cook but I'll admit that there are times I don't want to wait for the entire bed of coals to get going so I can get a good sear. This thing will get the whole coal bed going quickly with very little waiting. The really nice bonus is that I'm not "wasting" as much charcoal just waiting for the combustion to naturally spread (the first coals lit are usually about gone by the time everything gets going). I've used it the last six times or so and I'm getting a LOT more use out of my lump charcoal. This is one area where the kamado cookers excel as they can be shot off and kill the fire pretty efficiently.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. This thing has likely paid for itself already in lump saved.

JU5R9lfh.jpg

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Wanted to pass along some techniques I'd used for effeciency...and deliciousness! I know many have a larger dehydrator but I don't yet. I do have an 8qt Ninja Foodie that has been used for so many things and just used it for a small batch of beef jerky. It's basically 150F for 3 hours, longer for dryer jerky. Going to try out other "cheaper" cuts of meat, vegetables and fruits if anyone has suggestions. This time I used round steaks, which turned out well.

I'd mentioned before when I've fired up the Camp Chef pellet smoker, I've loaded it up with slightly thawed roasts that had been salted and seasoned. Smoked on 160F low with cherry pellets for about three hours and then refreeze what you don't cook immediately. I smoked a beef sirloin and chuck roast, 4 long pieces of round steak (for the jerky on top smoker level), and a pork shoulder and loin.

Can put a presmoked frozen pork shoulder in the Ninja and pressure cook for 2 hours. Obviously works best for the fatty high heat cuts like the chuck roast and pork shoulder. I really like the pressure cooker option. For example it'll do frozen green beans in 4 minutes and "hard boiled" eggs in 8 minutes.

PXL_20220620_150415168.jpg

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I still have lump coal from the original bag I bought whe I got my Kamado. If I would have used my old webber ad much as I do the kj, I know the twin pack of charcoal would have been used twice over easily.

I have also seen a couple of highly ratwd electeic coal starters. I just use the heavily bound rope like starter things.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just dropped the first batch of boneless - skinless chicken thighs on the stickburner. Hoping to get everything done in two batches but it's looking more like three. I'll prob run two tonight and another tomorrow. They've been dry brining/marinating/whatever in some cajun rub since mid day and smell fantastic.

Nothing produces the flavor of a stickburner. They may be a pain compared to the others but it is so worth the effort.

X9WCGFdh.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom