• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I seem to recall last year on Super Bowl Sunday grilling in some pretty decent weather. Not so much this year. Had 14 degrees, 2 degree wind-chill, and snowing like crazy when I fired up the Bullseye...

ML3Cx9Fl.jpg

It was just the wife and me, and she doesn't eat wings, so I just cooked me a baker's dozen...

gQagzDYl.jpg

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    80ebe4b23420125119800cd7cc590dbc.jpg

Will definitely be making this again! Tried smoked snack mix 3 different ways. The right tray was just plain snacks nothing added to it. Middle tray is 1 stick of butter melted with 1/4 cup of Malcom Reed The BBQ Rub. Right tray is the recipe on the back of a Chex mix box of cereal with Worcestershire sauce. I used peanuts, pretzels, white Chex, Cheese Puffs, chicken in a biscuit, goldfish, and club crackers broken in half. Set grill on high smoke for about 1.5 hours, stirring about every 20 minutes. They tray with the BBQ rub was my favorite, I added some rub at the end directly into the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    View attachment 181256

And away we go....
    Let's see if I can hold a steady 250 on a full packer with a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker when it is getting down to 15 degrees.

Is that a 18 or 22 inch Smokey Mountain? Reason I ask is because I have points to spend with my Company's recognition gift program. I can get a 22 inch Smokey Mountain but for some reason, the 18 inch is not available. I think the 22 would be overkill for me since I typically will only smoke 2-3 slabs of ribs or a single pork butt or one of any large cut of meat at a time. Would there be any drawbacks to having too big of a Smokey Mountain?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Is that a 18 or 22 inch Smokey Mountain? Reason I ask is because I have points to spend with my Company's recognition gift program. I can get a 22 inch Smokey Mountain but for some reason, the 18 inch is not available. I think the 22 would be overkill for me since I typically will only smoke 2-3 slabs of ribs or a single pork butt or one of any large cut of meat at a time. Would there be any drawbacks to having too big of a Smokey Mountain?

It is a 22.

Get the 22.... you will be glad you passed on the 18. Other than a little bigger footprint for storage, the 22 has no drawbacks compared to the 18. Fuel consumption, controlling temp, etc. would all be the same. The extra room comes in handy for occasions when you want to smoke a bit more than usual.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Full slabs are sometimes to big for the 18, I had to roll up a few when i had the 18 WSM. The 22 is worth it

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It is a 22.

Get the 22.... you will be glad you passed on the 18. Other than a little bigger footprint for storage, the 22 has no drawbacks compared to the 18. Fuel consumption, controlling temp, etc. would all be the same. The extra room comes in handy for occasions when you want to smoke a bit more than usual.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!
    I appreciate the feedback. It will be a retirement gift and I expect to have lots of time to become acquainted with it after April 15th.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Smoked meat loaf- 2.5# ground chuck, 1.5# ground pork, onions, garlic, peppers, sweet rub (in the mix and on the outside) and crumbled pork rinds instead of bread crumbs, 2 eggs. will take about 3 hours. It gets a glaze for the last 1/2 hour.

3ED43B26-D616-46BA-9E2E-03FFDA07F69E.jpeg

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Smoked meat loaf- 2.5# ground chuck, 1.5# ground pork, onions, garlic, peppers, sweet rub (in the mix and on the outside) and crumbled pork rinds instead of bread crumbs, 2 eggs. will take about 3 hours. It gets a glaze for the 1/2 hour.

View attachment 185954
    I've really got to do that sometime...sounds delicious!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom