• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Will be a couple days before I do anything. Last Christmas of the season today (chicken and noodles at my parents' house), wife's birthday tomorrow (pan fried chicken at my in-laws'). I have a pork shoulder and some brisket thawing in the fridge, so Monday or Tuesday before I go back to work the smoker will be going.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Eggs with sausage from hogs hunted this past fall.

Venison back straps are thawing in the fridge for tomorrow.

Classify these as "good times".

Reactions: KG1

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Will be pot roast in the Ninja today and ham n beans with cornbread tomorrow. Expecting 5-9" of snow so no grilling this weekend.
    Usually smoke a couple slabs of ribs on New Years Day but I didn't feel like fighting the weather

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Let’s start it off right. Corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot for dinner. Bacon and eggs on the griddle this morning.
    Sounds close to my day. Except I had ham and eggs.

I'm going to cold smoke some pork chops for about 1/2 hr or so, then bag and sous vide tomorrow and finish on a screaming hot grill with some herbed butter or possibly goat cheese to top.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Just doing some chicken thighs today.
    Budget limits after last nights drinking.

I am thinking a big old chunk of smoked bologna (I know iknow) soon. Not a budget thing just because it makes great sandwiches

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This is a long way from BBQ but I decided I wanted to try my hand at gzoya/potstickers and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how they came out. Meijer didn't have raw ginger so I had to use ginger paste and got a bit too much in it but it was still very good. Making the wrappers is simple but time consuming, though I could see me doing this pretty regularly. We love these things at the sushi joint we visit and there used to be a big Chinese restaurant over on Lafayette Rd south of 38th St that had them with the best dipping sauce I've ever had. It was some kind of peanut chili sauce and I'm on the hunt for a recipe, then they'll be perfect.
    wkUOEH5h.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    This is a long way from BBQ but I decided I wanted to try my hand at gzoya/potstickers and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how they came out. Meijer didn't have raw ginger so I had to use ginger paste and got a bit too much in it but it was still very good. Making the wrappers is simple but time consuming, though I could see me doing this pretty regularly. We love these things at the sushi joint we visit and there used to be a big Chinese restaurant over on Lafayette Rd south of 38th St that had them with the best dipping sauce I've ever had. It was some kind of peanut chili sauce and I'm on the hunt for a recipe, then they'll be perfect.
    wkUOEH5h.jpg
    I would sell all my grilling equipment in exchange for a lifetime supply of potstickers.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    wkUOEH5h.jpg
    I love me some potstickers and those look great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom