• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I’ll start:
    Real Constitutional Carry-no fees, no forms, no BS. If a prosecutor thinks someone is not a proper person, let them prove guilt, rather than the burden of proof be on the citizen to prove their innocence.

Assertion that Indiana will follow the US Constitution, not the whims of Washington. DC can say “no AR15s”, but enforcing that on a whole state or several states might prove difficult with a legislature standing against that.

An end to GFSZ. The state can allow for carry in schools. Arizona did. Guess what state hasn’t had any school shootings.

An end to the prohibition on carry by the citizenry at the Capitol; if you’re not screwing the people over, you have no reason to fear them, do you?

What have I missed?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks for starting the thread(s) Bill.

As far as ConC: I've already started putting stuff together for testimony. It'll be January 2022 before we know it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Constitutional Carry (BoR's version)

NO GFZs, not in schools or any government building that we the people, use, paid for or rent. (I can envision a compromise for certain judicial and LEO areas based upon a immediate threat potential, but ANY carve outs need to be VERY specific and limited)

State wide Constitutional sanctuary, emphasis on protecting the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th Amendments.

Now for my fantasy wish list. My representatives are not listening, so my INGO family gets to hear the spiel...

I believe Indiana is one of those States which have the citizenry and ability to lead this Nation back to its founding principles. I propose that Indiana can begin by asserting the Rights of our citizens and the authority of our State under the Constitution of the United States of America.
    Preamble to the Bill of Rights
    The Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.”
    Amendment IX.
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”
    Amendment X.
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
    Much of what the Federal government does today is NOT delegated by the Constitution. All to often Federal government activity and authority is assumed, awaiting a successful judicial challenge. Far worse however; is the Federal government's exercise of power by extortion. Each program and demand made on the States, underpinned not by Constitutional authority but by the dangling of State taxpayer dollars as an incentive to do the Federal government's bidding, is a violation of the principles upon which this Nation was founded. It is time the States reject such extortion, and leave the Federal government with a Hobbson's choice. Leave the States business, as this State will no longer be extorted.
    This citizen is more than willing to see a rejection of Federal tax dollars for education, to remove the Federal government from our educational system. The same can be said for numerous other areas of governance and service. If like minded States band together and refuse to be extorted, then the Federal government's power will be materially diminished, as it should be. If like minded States pool their resources and target selected excesses under the 9th and 10th Amendments, my hope is the excesses of the Federal government can be checked or even rolled back.

The challenge to my State legislators has been to author changes to State law to implement forthwith the following actions, to limit the continued decline of our State and Nation.
    1. All students at schools which receive State government funding must be required to take and pass the current Federal government citizenship test (or a later more difficult test) prior to receiving a diploma. (Recently enacted legislation did make a start on this road)[
      1. The syllabus, coursework, and testing must include reading assignments for the Constitution of the United States of America, selected Federalist Papers, selected portions of Judge Joseph Story's “Commentaries on the Constitution, and finally either the Militia Act of 1792, or the Militia Act of 1903.[
    2. Require all schools which receive State government funding to offer and require a firearms safety course before the High School years, based upon the standard U.S. Military or NRA safety guidelines.
      1. No editorializing or anti-gun propaganda can be permitted as a component of this instruction.
    3. Require all schools which receive State government funding to offer and require demonstration of firearms marksmanship during the High School years, based upon the standard U.S. Military or NRA marksmanship guidelines.
      1. The marksmanship training should entail both rimfire and centerfire handgun and rifle proficiency demonstration.
      2. The implementing legislation is to minimize any impediments and should encourage use of existing facilities augmented with increased ventilation and ballistic backstops sufficient to address use of rimfire calibers.
      3. No editorializing or anti-gun propaganda can be permitted as a component of this instruction.
      4. The State of Indiana must keep a record of those students who DO NOT pass the marksmanship demonstration.
        1. The State must be required to request the Selective Service select those who did not pass the marksmanship demonstration for Selective Service, prior to selection of those citizens who did so, as these persons will require additional training
    4. There need to be harsh, even extreme penalties, for persons in government service (schools, child welfare, law enforcement, judiciary) who do not act on evidence of persons who present a danger to the community. See item 5 below. (The FedEx shooter is the poster child for this)
      1. All to often after the most recent shooting by a deranged individual, we find the person had a history of threats, law enforcement or academic interaction which strongly suggested the individual was a danger to others. Those who did nothing are as guilty of the atrocity as the shooter and need to be held accountable. (If you need further information, have you staff present you with the history of the Pulse nightclub, Marjory Stoneman, and Dayton shooters among the many for which adequate knowledge of the assailants disturbing behavior was adequately known to utilize our existing laws and judicial system to make them prohibited persons)
    5. With all do respect to Representative Donna Schaibley and Mr. Guy Relford, Indiana's “Red Flag” law and the FedEx facility active shooter event have disclosed one of my abiding concerns over such laws. See item 4 above.
      1. Contrary to Prosecutor Ryan Mears protestations, the deficiencies with the current law are lack of accountability for government employees when they do not take action under the current law.
        1. An amendment to the current law should add criminal penalties for any government employee who does not take action on any properly executed initiation of the law's protections. Such a provision if in place would have made Mr. Mears and / or his staff members criminally liable for failure to fully execute the process in the time the statute provides when the identified individual later commits a violent act where the law would have prevented such an event. The concept here is the same as that wherein a criminal who's associate is killed by a defender is charged with murder.
        2. There need to be HARSH penalties for false reporting under Indiana's “Red Flag” law.
          1. There is a real and I believe increasing potential for this law to be weaponized by anti-constitution and anti-gun elements of our society. To protect the rights of all citizens, it is critical that adequate penalties be in place to discourage such weaponization of the “Red Flag” law. It is already a imposition on Due Process, any unnecessary impact must be limited.

Whew!, I feel better already. (lifts weight off chest)

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I’ll start:
    Real Constitutional Carry-no fees, no forms, no BS. If a prosecutor thinks someone is not a proper person, let them prove guilt, rather than the burden of proof be on the citizen to prove their innocence.

Assertion that Indiana will follow the US Constitution, not the whims of Washington. DC can say “no AR15s”, but enforcing that on a whole state or several states might prove difficult with a legislature standing against that.

An end to GFSZ. The state can allow for carry in schools. Arizona did. Guess what state hasn’t had any school shootings.

An end to the prohibition on carry by the citizenry at the Capitol; if you’re not screwing the people over, you have no reason to fear them, do you?

What have I missed?
    Campus carry.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Constitutional Carry (BoR's version)

NO GFZs, not in schools or any government building that we the people, use, paid for or rent. (I can envision a compromise for certain judicial and LEO areas based upon a immediate threat potential, but ANY carve outs need to be VERY specific and limited)

State wide Constitutional sanctuary, emphasis on protecting the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th Amendments.

Now for my fantasy wish list. My representatives are not listening, so my INGO family gets to hear the spiel...

I believe Indiana is one of those States which have the citizenry and ability to lead this Nation back to its founding principles. I propose that Indiana can begin by asserting the Rights of our citizens and the authority of our State under the Constitution of the United States of America.
    Preamble to the Bill of Rights
    The Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.”
    Amendment IX.
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”
    Amendment X.
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
    Much of what the Federal government does today is NOT delegated by the Constitution. All to often Federal government activity and authority is assumed, awaiting a successful judicial challenge. Far worse however; is the Federal government's exercise of power by extortion. Each program and demand made on the States, underpinned not by Constitutional authority but by the dangling of State taxpayer dollars as an incentive to do the Federal government's bidding, is a violation of the principles upon which this Nation was founded. It is time the States reject such extortion, and leave the Federal government with a Hobbson's choice. Leave the States business, as this State will no longer be extorted.
    This citizen is more than willing to see a rejection of Federal tax dollars for education, to remove the Federal government from our educational system. The same can be said for numerous other areas of governance and service. If like minded States band together and refuse to be extorted, then the Federal government's power will be materially diminished, as it should be. If like minded States pool their resources and target selected excesses under the 9th and 10th Amendments, my hope is the excesses of the Federal government can be checked or even rolled back.

The challenge to my State legislators has been to author changes to State law to implement forthwith the following actions, to limit the continued decline of our State and Nation.
    1. All students at schools which receive State government funding must be required to take and pass the current Federal government citizenship test (or a later more difficult test) prior to receiving a diploma. (Recently enacted legislation did make a start on this road)[
      1. The syllabus, coursework, and testing must include reading assignments for the Constitution of the United States of America, selected Federalist Papers, selected portions of Judge Joseph Story's “Commentaries on the Constitution, and finally either the Militia Act of 1792, or the Militia Act of 1903.[
    2. Require all schools which receive State government funding to offer and require a firearms safety course before the High School years, based upon the standard U.S. Military or NRA safety guidelines.
      1. No editorializing or anti-gun propaganda can be permitted as a component of this instruction.
    3. Require all schools which receive State government funding to offer and require demonstration of firearms marksmanship during the High School years, based upon the standard U.S. Military or NRA marksmanship guidelines.
      1. The marksmanship training should entail both rimfire and centerfire handgun and rifle proficiency demonstration.
      2. The implementing legislation is to minimize any impediments and should encourage use of existing facilities augmented with increased ventilation and ballistic backstops sufficient to address use of rimfire calibers.
      3. No editorializing or anti-gun propaganda can be permitted as a component of this instruction.
      4. The State of Indiana must keep a record of those students who DO NOT pass the marksmanship demonstration.
        1. The State must be required to request the Selective Service select those who did not pass the marksmanship demonstration for Selective Service, prior to selection of those citizens who did so, as these persons will require additional training
    4. There need to be harsh, even extreme penalties, for persons in government service (schools, child welfare, law enforcement, judiciary) who do not act on evidence of persons who present a danger to the community. See item 5 below. (The FedEx shooter is the poster child for this)
      1. All to often after the most recent shooting by a deranged individual, we find the person had a history of threats, law enforcement or academic interaction which strongly suggested the individual was a danger to others. Those who did nothing are as guilty of the atrocity as the shooter and need to be held accountable. (If you need further information, have you staff present you with the history of the Pulse nightclub, Marjory Stoneman, and Dayton shooters among the many for which adequate knowledge of the assailants disturbing behavior was adequately known to utilize our existing laws and judicial system to make them prohibited persons)
    5. With all do respect to Representative Donna Schaibley and Mr. Guy Relford, Indiana's “Red Flag” law and the FedEx facility active shooter event have disclosed one of my abiding concerns over such laws. See item 4 above.
      1. Contrary to Prosecutor Ryan Mears protestations, the deficiencies with the current law are lack of accountability for government employees when they do not take action under the current law.
        1. An amendment to the current law should add criminal penalties for any government employee who does not take action on any properly executed initiation of the law's protections. Such a provision if in place would have made Mr. Mears and / or his staff members criminally liable for failure to fully execute the process in the time the statute provides when the identified individual later commits a violent act where the law would have prevented such an event. The concept here is the same as that wherein a criminal who's associate is killed by a defender is charged with murder.
        2. There need to be HARSH penalties for false reporting under Indiana's “Red Flag” law.
          1. There is a real and I believe increasing potential for this law to be weaponized by anti-constitution and anti-gun elements of our society. To protect the rights of all citizens, it is critical that adequate penalties be in place to discourage such weaponization of the “Red Flag” law. It is already a imposition on Due Process, any unnecessary impact must be limited.

Whew!, I feel better already. (lifts weight off chest)
    I like this overall, but I see some significant problems, not the least of which is "WHERE" do they have this marksmanship demonstration? Further, I don't want to see the fallout when some student turns his/her firearm on another student or him/herself. I don't dispute the value of this, nor the incentive re: selective service, and I realize I'm what-iffing this, but it is hard to deny the concerns. Further, schools in some neighborhoods will be more prone to problems. Lastly, at the moment anyway, what of the parent who does not want his/her child participating in this training? If we want to disallow our children from receiving sex ed (which today includes many things that most INGO members would find objectionable) we have to allow for other parents to deny their child's participation in things of which we approve.

I also realize that asking this here is going somewhat off-topic, so if you want to continue it in a new thread, just post a link to that thread. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Lastly, at the moment anyway, what of the parent who does not want his/her child participating in this training?
    That's where the, "you go first clause kicks in".

ETA: I've written variations of this to my Federal level congresscritters for about two years, and started working the State folks over a year ago.

My bet is if little jenny with the commie mommie realizes jenny gets drafted first; she'll have little jenny signed up to learn safety and marksmanship so fast it would make your head spin. If not, well, little jenny gets to go first, if things get rough.

I know it has a .00000000000000001% chance of being acted upon, but I refuse to let my nation or its founding principles die without so much as a whimper.

Would there be difficulties in achieving my suggestion? Absolutely! I don't care, it needs done. That is one reason I put in the bit about existing resources, ventilation and backstops. I had my first formal instruction in a gym with angled 1/2 inch boiler plat at the back, and a sandpit on the floor. No one ever missed the backstop, and no one got shot. All the mommies and daddies can sign liability waivers in blood if that is what it takes.

Feel free to start a conversation if this is too off topic.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's outside the normal stuff we discuss on INGO, but how about a law
    • forbidding any teaching in any school at any level, a philosophy favoring any one group differentiated by race, creed, color, or biological sex ,

• one forbidding the requirement of any substance being required to get or keep a job being placed in one's body, and

• just for fun, a "Binger's Law" wherein any public official who demonstrates by public behavior a complete and total incompetence at his or her job may be recalled at the submission of a petition of 10% of the community he or she serves, or 1000 signatures, that number being the highest number of valid signatures required.

Any others?

Blessings,
    Bill

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    • forbidding any teaching in any school at any level, a philosophy favoring any one group differentiated by race, creed, color, or biological sex ,

• one forbidding the requirement of any substance being required to get or keep a job being placed in one's body, and

• just for fun, a "Binger's Law" wherein any public official who demonstrates by public behavior a complete and total incompetence at his or her job may be recalled at the submission of a petition of 10% of the community he or she serves, or 1000 signatures, that number being the highest number of valid signatures required.

Any others?

Blessings,
    Bill
    Thanks for the bump Bill. It's almost that time of the year.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Any others?

Blessings,
    Bill

An end to "civil forfieture".

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    An end to "civil forfieture".
    I kind of like seeing a Lamborghini formerly owned by a drug dealer with police markings on it,but I get your point. Perhaps if something is forfeited in this way, it must go to some use other than by the confiscating department or court? Maybe a house formerly owned by a drug dealer is thoroughly sanitized by two different crews, at a cost paid for by the money confiscated, and the house then given to a group like Ronald McDonald House? I get what you're saying, a department should not be incentivized by avarice or greed to take a citizen's property.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I kind of like seeing a Lamborghini formerly owned by a drug dealer with police markings on it,but I get your point. Perhaps if something is forfeited in this way, it must go to some use other than by the confiscating department or court? Maybe a house formerly owned by a drug dealer is thoroughly sanitized by two different crews, at a cost paid for by the money confiscated, and the house then given to a group like Ronald McDonald House? I get what you're saying, a department should not be incentivized by avarice or greed to take a citizen's property.

The burden of proof should be on state, not the accused.

Due process is squashed in "civil forfieture".

If, after due process and proof of guilt, the property may rightfully be confiscated. Until then, NO.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The burden of proof should be on state, not the accused.

Due process is squashed in "civil forfieture".

If, after due process and proof of guilt, the property may rightfully be confiscated. Until then, NO.
    Thats valid. I was thinking that if we removed the personal/departmental gain, wed remove the incentives for bad faith actions

Top Bottom