Indy

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I was under the impression that veto override is a simple majority vote in Indiana and it doesn't matter what that RINO trash thinks.
    You are correct.... What I want to see is if he publicly declares himself an enemy of the 2A or he tries to skirt the issue by just not signing it. Either way, we will see his true colors. If he signs it, he is showing that he is a chameleon and changes colors as it suits.

No matter what he does, he won't get my vote again.

Last edited:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    If Holcomb doesn’t sign it, it becomes law after a period of time? What happens if he does veto it?
    KF made a short post about the powers of the gov'nor:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Talked to Kirsten and Vanessa (Legislative Assistants to Senator Crane and Rep Steurwald) earlier. Please support the new SB 209 with the language of the House-passed HB 1077. Keep those calls going in!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was under the impression that veto override is a simple majority vote in Indiana and it doesn't matter what that RINO trash thinks.
    This is my understanding as well. However, just because a republican might vote for it to pass out of the senate, don’t count on them to override the veto of the governor that is a member of their own party.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Up for a vote next week or what?
    @El Conquistador could speak to this better than me. Get it out of conference committee and on the floor for a vote.

Prediction: It gets to Eric the ******* RINO Holcomb who takes no action (that way he backs his boy Carter by not signing it, doesn't commit political suicide vetoing a bill that will be overridden with a majority vote.)

While running for the Senate in 2024 Eric the RINO will spend a metric crap-ton on commercials, use his establishment buddies to clear the field (Danny Niederberger come to mind?) and avoid the subject. He'll backstab Braun and back Carter for Governor.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    NRA-ILA is on it!

KellyinAvon --

On Wednesday, a conference committee removed existing language from Senate Bill 209 to replace it with constitutional carry language from House Bill 1077. Now, the House and Senate will need to caucus to agree to sign the conference report.

Please contact both your state representative and your state senator, and ask them to SUPPORT the conference report for Senate Bill 209.

Constitutional carry allows any law-abiding adult who is legally eligible to obtain a carry permit, to carry a handgun without first having to obtain government permission. This ensures that citizens have their right to self-defense without government red tape or delays. It does not affect previously issued carry permits, and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing Indiana permits, to do so.

Again, please contact both your state representative and your state senator, and ask them to SUPPORT the conference report for Senate Bill 209.

In Liberty,

David Conte
    Grassroots Field Coordinator
    NRA-ILA Grassroots Programs & Campaign Field Operations
    703-708-4664 | david@nrailafrontlines.
    http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    @El Conquistador could speak to this better than me. Get it out of conference committee and on the floor for a vote.

Prediction: It gets to Eric the ******* RINO Holcomb who takes no action (that way he backs his boy Carter by not signing it, doesn't commit political suicide vetoing a bill that will be overridden with a majority vote.)

While running for the Senate in 2024 Eric the RINO will spend a metric crap-ton on commercials, use his establishment buddies to clear the field (Danny Niederberger come to mind?) and avoid the subject. He'll backstab Braun and back Carter for Governor.
    Guy Relford brought up an angle I hadn’t considered. I guess it’s feasible that the governor could let the bill sit on his desk long enough that by the time he vetoed it, there’d not be enough time in the session for an override vote. I haven’t game planned this out myself but I’ll take Guy at his word on this.

It ain’t sausage until the sausage making is all done.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association (has become more politically active since I joined. Coincidence? Yes.) is on it!

Constitutional Carry is Still Alive but needs YOUR HELP!​

House Bill 1077- Constitutional carry or Permitless carry- passed the House overwhelmingly but was severely amended in the Senate Legislative committee. Wednesday, a conference committee removed existing language from Senate Bill 209 to replace it with constitutional carry language from House Bill 1077. This allows the bill that passed the House to move forward in the Senate despite opposition in Committee. Now, the House and Senate will need to caucus to agree to sign the conference report. The Speaker of the House and the Senate President will need to appoint conferees to sign the report. In the hearing today, each chamber sent two Republicans and two Democrats. The leaders of each chamber will need to remove any lawmaker who doesn't agree to the report and appoint those who will.​

Please contact both your state representative and your state senator, and ask them to SUPPORT the conference report for Senate Bill 209.

Constitutional carry allows any law-abiding adult who is legally eligible to obtain a carry permit, to carry a handgun without first having to obtain government permission. This ensures that citizens have their right to self-defense without government red tape or delays. It does NOT affect previously issued carry permits, and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing Indiana permits, to do so. It DOES NOT allow anyone that is prohibited to obtain or carry a firearm legally.

Again, please contact both your state representative and your state senator, and ask them to SUPPORT the conference report for Senate Bill 209

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Guy Relford brought up an angle I hadn’t considered. I guess it’s feasible that the governor could let the bill sit on his desk long enough that by the time he vetoed it, there’d not be enough time in the session for an override vote. I haven’t game planned this out myself but I’ll take Guy at his word on this.

If that happens... ok I'll go down to Bedford and help you hand out stuff supporting Eric the RINO's primary opponent outside of Wal-Mart; if you come up here and help me hand out stuff supporting Eric the RINO's primary opponent outside of Wal-Mart in Avon or Danville.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

If holcomb wants to trash his RINO legacy, sure, the POS could try this, but for those who haven`t already caught on to what the POS is really about, then they`d know. And as for the SP Superintendent, HE really HAS shown what exactly he`s about, and he is NOT a friend to your rights, the Constitution, or, the average law-abiding Hoosier. Sadly, he`s a little lackey of that RINO stinking up the Governor`s Mansion, and he just cannot be replaced TOO soon.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    A quick email I whipped up. I need to do more calling.

Senator,

I’m writing to urge your support for the Conference Report version of SB 209. The altered version of the bill contains important legislation for Hoosiers that was underhandedly sabotaged in committee. To quote Sheriff Quakenbush who attended both House and Senate committee meetings, “I think the system now is backwards. The individual should not have to petition the government in order to exercise a constitutionally protected freedom.” Constitutional carry is growing in the US and Indiana is overdue to join our sister states in supporting our rights.

I’m sure I can count on your support for this vital legislation,
    Contact Details

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here

They have to get all 4 conferees to sign off on the conference report before it can go to the floor vote. They have to be done by midnight on the 14th(last day of the session), I am hearing once they get HB1002 done they will be done and get out early. I have also heard whispers around the halls that SB209 may have to go to Senate rules before a floor vote. If the happens it will be the death of the bill.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Good on Ohio for "letting" their citizens freely carry;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom