Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ft. Wayne heavy breather not helping much.
    Ft Wayne heavy breather is not really in favor of natural or Constitutional rights.

I also note that Sen. Brown put all the "for"people at the start and all the antis at the end... It's like she is trying to stack the testimony so that the last thing the senators hear before the vote is testimony against it.

Taylor, Lanane, and Randolph will vote against. The others..... who knows?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have said for many years.... When a child is in the highchair, she sees her family using knives. At some point, someone will let her put her hand on theirs while they use a knife.. And then put their hand on hers while she holds a butter knife. No edge, no point, just useful to spread butter. Eventually, she will graduate up to a table knife. Again, hand on an adult's, then an adult hand on hers, but now the knife has a rounded end and a roughened edge, and again, she will learn the ins and outs of how to hold, how to manage, etc., that knife. After several years, that little child (I've used "she" for convenience) will be allowed to use a steak knife... Sharp point, sharp edge, and sharp eyes on her after she's managed to pass the hands-on portions. Finally, once she has proven herself, she will be allowed into the kitchen to cook on her own.

What I don't know is why the same process cannot be applied to firearms.

Teach from early youth... Maybe start with Eddie Eagle. Move to Col Cooper's rules. Practice with toy guns, things that can do no real harm but can be used to teach the rules and their application. At some point, that child can be handed a pellet gun, with an adult present and involved. A BB gun follows. Finally, a powder-fired gun that the child has to handle with extreme care, but has had years to learn how to do so.

I'm not suggesting handing a kid still in diapers a 12-gauge or a .45ACP any more than handing that same child a steak knife. I'm saying a child can begin learning safety very early. Electrical safety, water safety, gun safety, road safety, whatever.

And in my opinion, they should.

Blessings,
    Bill

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you have opportunity to do so, kindly thank him on behalf of INGO for all he has done to advance truth over fiction, the RKBA over the emotional screeds of the anti-rights groups.

Blessings,
    Bill
    I was able to speak to Dr Lott afterwards and passed along thanks from Indiana Gun Owners (an online community with over 48,000 members)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom