KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WIBC’s Eric Berman calls himself a reporter after penning this gem of a headline and referring to permitless carry as “getting rid of” gun permits. I got up in his grill about it on Twitter confronting him directly and also posting this misrepresentation to The 2A Project’s Facebook page. I doubt a retraction or anything noteworthy will come of it but my gloves are off. I’m sick and tired of horse:poop: like this and I’m calling it when I smell it, straight to the horse’s mouth:

I see you were still at a rolling boil at this point! If they'd quit getting it wrong, we wouldn't have to spend so much time correcting... dang near everyone.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Again to quote Yogi, "It ain't over til it's over." 1-800-382-9467 gets you to the Senate, leave a message for your Senator urging support of the House-passed HB 1077 language going into another bill.

The link below will get you to your Senator's Legislative Assistant. Send them the same info.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    When I was growing up, one phrase I recall was “the company you keep”, from a poem that described that as that by which we are judged. If Wayne is at the head of NRA, and if he is less than honorable in his dealings (which is what’s in question) it makes us look bad, and the media need no help making NRA look bad.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Which is what`s in question. Again, I wouldn`t believe the media if they said the sky is blue. And as for ollie north...his character has been in question for decades. That`s just me I suppose.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    WIBC’s Eric Berman calls himself a reporter after penning this gem of a headline and referring to permitless carry as “getting rid of” gun permits. I got up in his grill about it on Twitter confronting him directly and also posting this misrepresentation to The 2A Project’s Facebook page. I doubt a retraction or anything noteworthy will come of it but my gloves are off. I’m sick and tired of horse:poop: like this and I’m calling it when I smell it, straight to the horse’s mouth:

Since the article such a piece of ****, I don’t mind stealing part of it to pick it apart:

“Among the forceful voices against the bill is State Police Superintendent Doug Carter, who lashed out at the bill at last week’s hearing as a vote against law enforcement, accusing supporters of ‘political posturing.’ Bray and House Speaker Todd Huston (R-Fishers) both said they’re ‘disappointed’ in Carter’s comments. Bray says legislators have been ‘incredibly supportive’ of law enforcement — he says there’s just a difference of opinion on one issue.

While a couple of sheriffs testified in favor of the bill, most police groups have opposed it, saying the permit process allows police chiefs to weed out people barred by law from carrying guns, and lets police officers quickly determine whether a driver they’ve pulled over is known to have a gun.”

Who’s doing the “political posturing”? Look in the mirror, Superintendent Carter! Police Chiefs need to “weed out people barred by law from carrying guns“? What tools do they have at their disposal that aren’t presently available to determine if someone is a “proper person”? So the current law helps officers know if someone is “known to have a gun”? That’s logically absurd. Don’t officers treat everyone as though they may have a gun and be dangerous, regardless of what may or may not be “known” about them? Let’s stop this nonsense and have some HONESTY for once!

Last edited:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I do not mean this to insult you. I think it would be very shortsighted and possibly even naïve to think that they did not know the rules they violated…. Far more likely that they did so with full intention that the rules committee would crack the whip and kill the bill.

Again, I mean no insult: some of this is very obscure, and more so when you don’t work under those rules. No way in hell you can tell me Brown and more especially Bray didn’t know, though.

Blessings,
    Bill
    No insult taken. I'm inclined to agree with every one of your points. At the time I wrote that I wasn't sure which rule was violated and the news was all over the place. I'm slightly relieved to not have the Carter bill inserted that way, which I think would encourage the people like the 6 who approved of the gutting to just kick the can in future sessions.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I sent another round of e-mails this morning to Bray and crew.

Indiana is starting to look less and less like a State ran by those who respect (even a little) the Constitution.

I think it is pathetic that Georgia may well get Constitutional Carry before Indiana. Georgia has the Atlanta metro area (part of the Communists machine), and Stacey Abrahms to manipulate her crew. Yet they still managed to get something done. Just pitiful that Indiana cannot get this done.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Fox59 had a piece on the Demanding Mommies lineup of red shoes and lying sign. Of course no effort was made to question the anti's statements or get an opposing view...

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Link?

Edit: ^ Please
    @JEBland
    I can't find a link on Fox59's site. On the 1800 hours news it was after the "Army vet found decapitated" segment I believe. There was discussion of HB 1187, video of pairs of shoes painted red, and a hand written sign on red background with lies about how passage of 1187 would put more guns on the streets...

The usual Fear Uncertainty Doubt campaign of lies and distortions told by the anti who "only wants to save the children".

P.S. I want to thank you again for going to the committee meeting the 23rd, and sitting through the slinging and the rising tide of excrement. You did stellar work, and remained far better composed that I likely would have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom