Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This was in the Legislative Update email I just received:

Firearms matters​

February 25, 2022Filed Under: Criminal
    The Senate Judiciary Committee heard HB 1077 on firearms matters sponsored by Sens. Koch and Tomes. The author, Rep. Smaltz, introduced the bill which repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. The bill specifies that certain persons, who are not otherwise prohibited from carrying or possessing a handgun, are not required to obtain or possess a license or permit from the state to carry a handgun in Indiana. The bill prohibits certain individuals from knowingly or intentionally carrying a handgun. The bill creates the crime of “unlawful carrying of a handgun” and specifies the penalties for committing this crime. The bill allows individuals who do not meet the requirements to receive a handgun license and are not otherwise prohibited to carry a handgun in limited places. The bill makes theft of a firearm a Level 5 felony. The bill also removes jurisdiction from the juvenile court over an individual for an alleged violation of Ind. Code § 35-47-2-1.5 (unlawful carrying of handgun), if charged as a felony.

The bill was amended by a 6-5 vote. The amendment:
    • removes provisions in the bill that: (1) repeal the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana; (2) specify that certain persons who are not otherwise prohibited from carrying or possessing a handgun are not required to obtain or possess a license or permit from the state to carry a handgun in Indiana; (3) prohibit certain individuals from knowingly or intentionally carrying a handgun; (4) create the crime of “unlawful carrying of a handgun” and specify the penalties for committing this crime; (5) allow particular individuals who do not meet the requirements to receive a handgun license and are not otherwise prohibited to carry a handgun in limited places; (6) allow a resident of Indiana to obtain in certain circumstances a license to carry a handgun in Indiana; (7) make theft of a firearm a Level 5 felony
    • defines the term “Indiana resident” and modifies the definitions of “alcohol abuser”, “drug abuser”, and “proper person”
    • repeals a provision that prohibits a person convicted of domestic battery from possessing or carrying a handgun
    • allows a person who has applied for a license to carry a handgun and meets certain requirements to carry a handgun without a license for a provisional period ending 90 days after the submission of the application
    • provides that a person who is not a proper person and possesses a handgun commits unlawful carrying of a handgun, a Level 5 felony.
    • provides that an applicant who makes a materially false statement on a request to carry a handgun for a provisional period commits a class A misdemeanor
    • modifies the procedure for applying for a license to carry a handgun by specifying that a person desiring to obtain a license to carry a handgun shall submit an application electronically to the superintendent of the state police department.
    • repeals a provision that allows in certain circumstances a resident of another state to apply for a license to carry a handgun
    • requires an applicant to appear before certain individuals for the purpose of being fingerprinted. Repeals provisions concerning: (1) qualified licenses; (2) unlimited licenses; and (3) five-year licenses
    • repeals provisions concerning the payment of fees for certain licenses.
    • repeals a provision concerning the renewal of an existing license.
    • allows a resident of another state to carry a handgun in Indiana with a valid reciprocity license under certain circumstances.
    The Indiana Attorney General’s Office, Attorney Guy Relford, Hoosier Gun Rights., National Association for Guns Rights, National Rifle Association, Firearms Policy Coalition, Indiana Rifle Association, several law enforcement officers, and several citizens testified in support of the bill. The Indiana State Police, Moms Demand Action, Indiana Catholic Conference, Hoosiers Concerned About Gun Violence, IU Law Professor Jody Madeira, Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police, Everytown for Gun Safety, Indiana State Fraternal Order of Police, Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council, a Marion County Public Defender, the Indiana State Police Superintendent, several law enforcement officers, and several citizens testified in opposition. The Indiana Public Defender Council testified but remained neutral.
    The amended bill passed 11-0
    Read the bill at: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2022/bills/house/1077
    Filed Under: CriminalTagged With: firearms

Footer​

About​

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    This was in the Legislative Update email I just received:

Firearms matters​

February 25, 2022Filed Under: Criminal
    The Senate Judiciary Committee heard HB 1077 on firearms matters sponsored by Sens. Koch and Tomes. The author, Rep. Smaltz, introduced the bill which repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. The bill specifies that certain persons, who are not otherwise prohibited from carrying or possessing a handgun, are not required to obtain or possess a license or permit from the state to carry a handgun in Indiana. The bill prohibits certain individuals from knowingly or intentionally carrying a handgun. The bill creates the crime of “unlawful carrying of a handgun” and specifies the penalties for committing this crime. The bill allows individuals who do not meet the requirements to receive a handgun license and are not otherwise prohibited to carry a handgun in limited places. The bill makes theft of a firearm a Level 5 felony. The bill also removes jurisdiction from the juvenile court over an individual for an alleged violation of Ind. Code § 35-47-2-1.5 (unlawful carrying of handgun), if charged as a felony.

The bill was amended by a 6-5 vote. The amendment:
    • removes provisions in the bill that: (1) repeal the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana; (2) specify that certain persons who are not otherwise prohibited from carrying or possessing a handgun are not required to obtain or possess a license or permit from the state to carry a handgun in Indiana; (3) prohibit certain individuals from knowingly or intentionally carrying a handgun; (4) create the crime of “unlawful carrying of a handgun” and specify the penalties for committing this crime; (5) allow particular individuals who do not meet the requirements to receive a handgun license and are not otherwise prohibited to carry a handgun in limited places; (6) allow a resident of Indiana to obtain in certain circumstances a license to carry a handgun in Indiana; (7) make theft of a firearm a Level 5 felony
    • defines the term “Indiana resident” and modifies the definitions of “alcohol abuser”, “drug abuser”, and “proper person”
    • repeals a provision that prohibits a person convicted of domestic battery from possessing or carrying a handgun
    • allows a person who has applied for a license to carry a handgun and meets certain requirements to carry a handgun without a license for a provisional period ending 90 days after the submission of the application
    • provides that a person who is not a proper person and possesses a handgun commits unlawful carrying of a handgun, a Level 5 felony.
    • provides that an applicant who makes a materially false statement on a request to carry a handgun for a provisional period commits a class A misdemeanor
    • modifies the procedure for applying for a license to carry a handgun by specifying that a person desiring to obtain a license to carry a handgun shall submit an application electronically to the superintendent of the state police department.
    • repeals a provision that allows in certain circumstances a resident of another state to apply for a license to carry a handgun
    • requires an applicant to appear before certain individuals for the purpose of being fingerprinted. Repeals provisions concerning: (1) qualified licenses; (2) unlimited licenses; and (3) five-year licenses
    • repeals provisions concerning the payment of fees for certain licenses.
    • repeals a provision concerning the renewal of an existing license.
    • allows a resident of another state to carry a handgun in Indiana with a valid reciprocity license under certain circumstances.
    The Indiana Attorney General’s Office, Attorney Guy Relford, Hoosier Gun Rights., National Association for Guns Rights, National Rifle Association, Firearms Policy Coalition, Indiana Rifle Association, several law enforcement officers, and several citizens testified in support of the bill. The Indiana State Police, Moms Demand Action, Indiana Catholic Conference, Hoosiers Concerned About Gun Violence, IU Law Professor Jody Madeira, Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police, Everytown for Gun Safety, Indiana State Fraternal Order of Police, Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council, a Marion County Public Defender, the Indiana State Police Superintendent, several law enforcement officers, and several citizens testified in opposition. The Indiana Public Defender Council testified but remained neutral.
    The amended bill passed 11-0
    Read the bill at: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2022/bills/house/1077
    Filed Under: CriminalTagged With: firearms

Footer​

About​

I think some of the reporting is behind.

For instance:
    https://www.wthr.com/article/news/p...-gun/531-9693f08f-dd6c-4c16-89ce-e5be02aac7c8

From the same article;
    " The issue is that they violated some rules, so the HB 1077 had to be reassigned to the Rules and Legislative Procedure committee. However, the bill was not assigned in time to meet a committee hearing deadline, so now the bill is dead.

"However, the spirit of the bill could still live on. Lawmakers may insert language from the bill into a different one. The Senate’s third reading deadline is Tuesday, the House’s deadline is Monday. Bills that are not approved by those dates will die on the floor. "

I think HB 1077 deserves to live on, but I think that this insertion into another bill is a major problem in our current legislative process (don't know if we need to rule it away, but IMO we should take a philosophical stance against using the backdoor).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not sure the "wordy" messages matter.
    They have a checklist.
    For...++++++
    Against...++++++

That's it. They just count .

But I do APPLAUD everyone sending the messages or calling the numbers.. long or short.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I'm not sure the "wordy" messages matter.
    They have a checklist.
    For...++++++
    Against...++++++

That's it. They just count .

But I do APPLAUD everyone sending the messages or calling the numbers.. long or short.
    Exactly, I think the first few letters may get read completely but after they start getting a bunch on one subject that changes. After that they just get skimmed far enough to mark down for or against. Hey, that is just my opinion so if you think it makes a difference write all you want. Jim.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Got this recently from NRA-I used their contact form to contact my State Senator.

Indiana: Ask Senator to Amend HB 1077 Back to Constitutional Carry​

On February 23rd, the Senate Judiciary Committee destroyed the intent of House Bill 1077, constitutional carry, by removing the language of the original bill at the request of the Holcomb administration, and replacing it with a new process which still requires law-abiding citizens to obtain a License to Carry Handgun. The amended bill creates a new process by which a person can receive a provisional license prior to being granted a permanent license.

Despite strong opposition from gun rights supporters on the committee, the bill was amended with the help of Chair Liz Brown, Sen. Mike Bohacek, and Sen. Susan Glick.

This fight is not over. NRA is working with pro-gun Senators and the original authors of HB 1077 to author an amendment to be offered on second reading on the floor of the Senate to restore the original language of the bill, which will receive a vote in the full Senate.

It is time for the Senate to step up and let Hoosiers know where they truly stand in regards to their Second Amendment rights. Please contact your state senator and ask them to SUPPORT amending HB 1077 to its original form and to vote for passage.
    David Conte typed this up during a lull in the action at the DTWE yesterday.

I met David in 2018 when CM and I were working the (what turned out to be the last) INGO booth at the 1500.

He says he has a personal life, I don't see how. This guy is 24/7/365/sometimes more Pro-2A and is on the road more than the center line.

Whatever we (we in this case are NRA members who donate to NRA-ILA/NRA-PVF) pay him ain't enough.

I realize this is a bit of a side-bar here but bear with me. We (NRA members are we in this case) can have our issues with the executives at NRA HQ. Please keep in mind the people behind the scenes (who make things happen like emails with links to your Senator) are still out there.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    David Conte typed this up during a lull in the action at the DTWE yesterday.

I met David in 2018 when CM and I were working the (what turned out to be the last) INGO booth at the 1500.

He says he has a personal life, I don't see how. This guy is 24/7/365/sometimes more Pro-2A and is on the road more than the center line.

Whatever we (we in this case are NRA members who donate to NRA-ILA/NRA-PVF) pay him ain't enough.

I realize this is a bit of a side-bar here but bear with me. We (NRA members are we in this case) can have our issues with the executives at NRA HQ. Please keep in mind the people behind the scenes (who make things happen like emails with links to your Senator) are still out there.
    Kelly, I`m going to jump on my soapbox, (imagine that...). But I`m both disappointed as well as disgusted by those who attack NRA at any level based on the reports from the media. A two-year-old should be savvy enough to understand that the media today is a serpent. They lie, they twist, they distort, and especially about any one and any thing that promotes the Second Amendment. I`ve been flamed here for saying this before, and I`ll be flamed again for saying it now, but shame on those who aid the anti-gun, anti-America left by attacking NRA. SHAME! NRA has done more for the Second Amendment cause than any other organization in America. PERIOD. I don`t always agree with them. I feel they`ve gone soft ever since the famous "jack-booted thugs" letter, which I personally thought was WONDERFUL, and spot on. I`m an NRA Life-Endowment member and I`ll never renounce my membership like the POS bush did. I`m a GOA annual member now, and contribute to both GOA and NRA whenever I can, because there are people actively working, literally everyday to cancel our cherished Second Amendment. There are an estimated 100 MILLION law-abiding gun owners in the U.S. today, yet, NRA only has an estimated 5-6 million members, and GOA only an estimated 2.5-3 million members, with many of GOA`s members being NRA members too. I`m tired of the excuses from gun owners as to why they don`t join and support either NRA, and/or GOA. They`re lazy BUMS, benefitting from the monies and time and effort expended by a few of us. There are NO excuses. If we had an organized gun lobby of 100 million Americans, we would have whatever we wanted. Period.
    Thank you for all YOU do Kelly, as well as, as you said, David Conte. Those like you two are our true hero's, and we could NEVER thank you enough.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kelly, I`m going to jump on my soapbox, (imagine that...). But I`m both disappointed as well as disgusted by those who attack NRA at any level based on the reports from the media. A two-year-old should be savvy enough to understand that the media today is a serpent. They lie, they twist, they distort, and especially about any one and any thing that promotes the Second Amendment. I`ve been flamed here for saying this before, and I`ll be flamed again for saying it now, but shame on those who aid the anti-gun, anti-America left by attacking NRA. SHAME! NRA has done more for the Second Amendment cause than any other organization in America. PERIOD. I don`t always agree with them. I feel they`ve gone soft ever since the famous "jack-booted thugs" letter, which I personally thought was WONDERFUL, and spot on. I`m an NRA Life-Endowment member and I`ll never renounce my membership like the POS bush did. I`m a GOA annual member now, and contribute to both GOA and NRA whenever I can, because there are people actively working, literally everyday to cancel our cherished Second Amendment. There are an estimated 100 MILLION law-abiding gun owners in the U.S. today, yet, NRA only has an estimated 5-6 million members, and GOA only an estimated 2.5-3 million members, with many of GOA`s members being NRA members too. I`m tired of the excuses from gun owners as to why they don`t join and support either NRA, and/or GOA. They`re lazy BUMS, benefitting from the monies and time and effort expended by a few of us. There are NO excuses. If we had an organized gun lobby of 100 million Americans, we would have whatever we wanted. Period.
    Thank you for all YOU do Kelly, as well as, as you said, David Conte. Those like you two are out true hero's, and we could NEVER thank you enough.
    Excellent use of the soapbox Greg and thank you.

Link below didn't auto-populate my email etc. I have no idea how any of that works but this one had nothing filled in. Click, send, repeat!!

Edit: this was in my SPAM and I get emails from David quite often. If anyone usually gets NRA-ILA emails please check your SPAM folder. Big Tech is not on our side.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    56:45 is where 1077 starts with Rep Ben Smaltz.

Straight up, I really was going back and forth on ever looking at this. I went through it once, that's enough for one lifetime. I honestly had no idea how long this went on until Guy mentioned it on his show this evening.

1:13:20 is where I start.

1:19:06 is where my testimony ends (5 minutes 46 seconds of testimony.)

From there to 1:21:20 I'm getting stupid questions from the chair *****.

1:21:20-1:27:15: I'm dealing with an individual who doesn't know duck **** from apple butter.

1:35:48 I walk off and Guy is the next to testify. I didn't watch anything between 1:27:15 and 1:35:48 since I went through it once, don't need to relive it.

16 minutes, 42 seconds of questions for someone who is a random dude from Hendricks County.
    Tell me that wasn't an attempt to silence anyone pro-2A.

I want to make some people unemployed.

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    Thank you for all YOU do Kelly, as well as, as you said, David Conte. Those like you two are our true hero's, and we could NEVER thank you enough.
    Gregr,You say you've been flamed before for your opinions. Well I'm not at all surprised to hear that. While I support everyone's right to an opinion, I, myself am insulted by your opinion of those of us who don't support National Organizations like the NRA and their like. I am retired and unable to work due to medical reasons. My only income is Social Security. I simply cannot afford to give money to the NRA or anybody else. For you to condemn me and call me a lazy bum is insulting to the point where I feel like renouncing my membership in this forum. However, I won't do anything that drastic just because of the poor wording of one person's opinion. Everyone has a God Given right to have an opinion. You should really consider toning it down a bit and not condemn people you don't even know because they don't fit your requirements to be a good American. I have a soapbox too.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I wrote to the Indiana State Republican Party, Senator Bray, and my Representative Ms. Schaibley. (Interestingly, I received mail yesterday that my residence will be moved to a redefined House District 25. The mailing was from a candidate who punched many of the correct boxes.)

My correspondence to the Indiana State Republican Party was FAX'd to them, with the following content.

"Indiana State Republican Party​
    101 W. Ohio St. Suite 2200​
    Indianapolis, IN 46204​
    317-635-7561​
    Fax 317-632-8510​

Greetings,​

It saddens me that I must convey my disgust and disappointment with members of the Indiana State Republican Party regarding their deceitful and anti-Constitutional behavior. Indiana Senator Liz Brown and Senator Mike Bohacek behavior and actions during the February 23rd Indiana Senate Judiciary meeting regarding HB 1077 was absolutely reprehensible.​

Based upon the testimony of Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter, a member of Gov. Holcomb's staff, and the behavior and actions of Senators Liz Brown and Senator Mike Bohacek I am requesting they be censured by the Party, and evicted. DO NOT PERMIT Senators Liz Brown and Senator Mike Bohacek or Gov. Holcomb to run again under the Indiana State Republican Party banner. I for one will NOT vote for any of these individuals for office again.​

I have traditionally and primarily voted for Republican Party candidates as the Republican Party platform and many associated candidates were those options which were closest to my ideals.​

I am primarily a constitutionalist, who understands well this Nation is a Republic of Republics, where the people retain authority and power through their elected representatives. I expect, and indeed require, that those who represent me first adhere to the oath they took to the Constitution, and second to NOT subvert those documents.​

The Indiana State Republican Party is reaching a crossroads, and needs to take action to retain my vote for candidates supported by the Republican Party. Those candidates running under the Republican Party banner need to not only say the right things, they must demonstrate those behaviors by their actions and votes once elected.​
    During the February 23rd Indiana Senate Judiciary meeting regarding HB 1077 ISP Superintendent Doug Carter, acting as the Governor's representative, made some egregious comments. The Governor deserves to be censured by the Party for his representatives behavior. Among the Superintendent's testimony he made comments regarding:​

• Early in his testimony the Superintendent stated “we are guilty until we prove ourselves innocent, no matter what we do,” but it’s not entirely clear who the “we” are in that
      statement. Shortly thereafter he stated, “Switching the burden from the individual who applied for the permit is wrong on so many levels.” Superintendent Carter does not believe that the burden of proof lies with the state. This is an insult to the very core of our judicial system.
    • “You should never allow us ... to arbitrarily access a person’s information associated with their criminal history.” But the License To Carry a Handgun (LTCH) licensing system does exactly this, the database and probing of criminal history that Superintendent Carter warns us against. He seems to be of the position that keeping a database of criminal history and biometric data of law-abiding citizens is acceptable. This is the polar opposite of what a government of the people should be doing. Identifying those who have committed egregious crimes against the law abiding.
    • He also implied that handgun violence in the aftermath of this bill is the fault of those eligible to receive the LTCH, but again this misleading conjecture is not supported by the
      data for states with similar systems to those proposed by HB 1077 even in those states that did not have the protections provided in Pinner v. State (2017).

I encourage you to view your Party members and representatives performance by watching the testimony on HB 1077 here: http://iga.in.gov/information/archives/2022/video/committee_judiciary_4200/

The reality that the above actions and performance by the Indiana Senate Judiciary committee members followed on the 2021 performance, when the Indiana Senate Republican Caucus, voted secretly to not bring a floor vote on Constitutional Carry is utterly disgusting. The failure to act in accordance with the Constitution was unacceptable in 2021, and is even less acceptable in 2022! If this is the representation, morals (failure to honor the oath of office) and behaviors to be expected of Indiana Republican candidates, why should I vote for them?​

The February 23rd performance follows Indiana Senator Liz Brown, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee's behavior and actions regarding SB 14 which were equally unacceptable. Her management of the testimony for and against this legislation, for both SB 14 and HB 1077 is unacceptable for a member of a political party I can support.​

I ask that the Republican Party evict Indiana State Senators Liz Brown and Mike Bohacek from the party, and remove all endorsements and financial support. Further, Governor Eric Holcomb should receive no further support from the Party should he seek election in the future for any office.​

The Indiana State Republican Party should endeavor to find a replacement candidate for Senator Brown who will honor their oath and legislate only within the confines and upon the principles of the Constitutions of Indiana and these United States."​
    --> With thanks to JEBland and others for some of the plagiarized content above. :-)​
    Far briefer correspondence went to Senator Bray and Representative Schaibley. Those e-mails were directed not at what transpired in the Indiana Senate Judiciary committee hearing, but rather what needed to happen going forward.

I have also called out my Representative for the apparent failure to move SB 143 forward.

I am reaching the conclusion that Indiana needs a new political party. I am not sure the Republicans can be saved from themselves.

KellyinAvon, JEBland, Mr. Relford and others. Thank you for subjecting yourselves to the ignorance and incompetence on full display during the Judiciary committee hearing. I don't know that I would have had the patience and tolerance to put up with the drivel which was emitted from the committee members mouths.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Gregr,You say you've been flamed before for your opinions. Well I'm not at all surprised to hear that. While I support everyone's right to an opinion, I, myself am insulted by your opinion of those of us who don't support National Organizations like the NRA and their like. I am retired and unable to work due to medical reasons. My only income is Social Security. I simply cannot afford to give money to the NRA or anybody else. For you to condemn me and call me a lazy bum is insulting to the point where I feel like renouncing my membership in this forum. However, I won't do anything that drastic just because of the poor wording of one person's opinion. Everyone has a God Given right to have an opinion. You should really consider toning it down a bit and not condemn people you don't even know because they don't fit your requirements to be a good American. I have a soapbox too.
    You are the exception, and not at all what I was addressing. I`ve heard from a LOT of guys who gleefully say, they`re NOT going to send money to ANY gun organization, because they`re all crooks, they`re over sensationalizing the threat, etc. Clearly, I was addressing those who could financially support a gun rights group, but willfully choose not to. There is NO mistaking who and what I was addressing, and it wasn`t you.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Happy Friday fans of the HOUSE VERSION of HB 1077. No session today but there are folks there to answer the phone.

Two opportunities: your Senator (it'll be the legislative assistant.) Please support the house-passed version of HB 1077.

Senator Bray's contact info below. From what I've picked up: he's seen the light. Something along the lines of: thank you for moving HB 1077 to the Rules and Legislative Procedures Committee. I know I can count on your support after what happened in the Judiciary Committee on Wednesday.

Be polite, be professional, be nice. We already get painted with the same brush as the ******* idiot from Hoosier Gun Rights (did I mention he is a ******* idiot?)

Phones open at 0800!!

Contact Information​

200 W. Washington St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Phone: 800-382-9467
    or 317-232-9400
    Email: Senator.Bray@iga.in.gov

Legislative Assistant:
    Kayla Caviness
    Phone: 317-232-9416
    Email: Kayla.Caviness@iga.in.gov
    Once more folks! Bray's assistant and your Senator need to here from us. Session starts at 1330, the language of the House passed 1077 can be inserted in another bill. This is the last day it can happen.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    INGOers,

I have been searching for a way of increasing pressure and traction and happened upon the following Web page.

In my latest correspondence I have copied in a number of the Caucus staff in the hope of including a wider audience and to incite discussions within the Caucus.

I am also challenging the Indiana State Republican Party and individual legislators to honor their Republican Party affiliation and thus legislate based in part upon the Party Platform they ran under. Including support for Constitutional Carry.
    Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 1.58.07 PM.png

Just another avenue to consider in our campaign to educate and motivate our elected servants.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    WIBC’s Eric Berman calls himself a reporter after penning this gem of a headline and referring to permitless carry as “getting rid of” gun permits. I got up in his grill about it on Twitter confronting him directly and also posting this misrepresentation to The 2A Project’s Facebook page. I doubt a retraction or anything noteworthy will come of it but my gloves are off. I’m sick and tired of horse:poop: like this and I’m calling it when I smell it, straight to the horse’s mouth:

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Let’s be clear. I am a NRA Lifer, and I do support the fact that they have trained so many gun owners and for that matter, non-gun owners in gun safety, everything from how to clean your gun to the Four Rules to Eddie Eagle…

I am not a fan of the apparently shady way that LaPierre has acted; when Ollie North resigns due to some peoples’ actions, I want to know more, and more is not forthcoming. The whole organization is not bad because of Wayne or whoever…. But its reputation is tarnished.

When I was growing up, one phrase I recall was “the company you keep”, from a poem that described that as that by which we are judged. If Wayne is at the head of NRA, and if he is less than honorable in his dealings (which is what’s in question) it makes us look bad, and the media need no help making NRA look bad.

I can support the organization while still thinking transparency would be a good thing.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It appears that this is a reassignment:
    http://iga.in.gov/static-documents/5/d/e/a/5dea498e/senate_standing_rules.pdf

Thank goodness. **** Brown. **** Bohacek. **** these lawmakers who literally don't know the current law on this.

Edit: The link to rules for both State House and State Senate and just click on the sidebar for house/Senate specific rules: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2021/rules/joint_rules/

I do not mean this to insult you. I think it would be very shortsighted and possibly even naïve to think that they did not know the rules they violated…. Far more likely that they did so with full intention that the rules committee would crack the whip and kill the bill.

Again, I mean no insult: some of this is very obscure, and more so when you don’t work under those rules. No way in hell you can tell me Brown and more especially Bray didn’t know, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom