KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So where is the INGO meet and greet / ConC celebration going to occur on July 1? :cool:
    I could see several regional meet and eats for this one! Even if there isn't an "official" function on 1 July, posting selfies with celebration of choice is a must!

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    It's been 6 days since this thread has been bumped. Does Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked and a Monte Cristo White Series Churchill sound appropriate for this level of celebration?
    I've not had the double-oaked, but why not go with an IN made whiskey?

So where is the INGO meet and greet / ConC celebration going to occur on July 1? :cool:
    I'm hoping to be defending around that time, so I might miss the festivities, but I'll be with you in spirit.

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN

I'm hoping to be defending around that time, so I might miss the festivities, but I'll be with you in spirit.
    A very large percentage of American Whiskey starts with Spirits from MGP here in IN.
    Does that count?

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    A very large percentage of American Whiskey starts with Spirits from MGP here in IN.
    Does that count?
    I would say so, but Woodford isn't in that category as far as I know.

For other IN whiskeys, I am rather partial to Bear Wallow's bourbon and rye whiskeys - note, I am a fan of more aggressive whiskeys, so I don't typically care for scotch. I have to bring home their rye every time I visit my brother back east. BW mashes, distills, and ages right there in Gnaw Bone, IN (just outside of Nashville, IN). So I'd definitely suggest it as a rye to try to shake things up a bit.

Huber's starlight was decent, but not my taste. I preferred their single-barrels,which are a little out of my price range at the moment (grad students be poor). Their currently ready products are MGP sourced but they are moving towards their own production from their own farm (except for barley due to weather & farming incompatibilities).

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Bourbon just seems appropriate for such an occasion. Being a beer man a Taxman or a Quaff On (both?) will definitely be in the beer fridge on 1 July.

Now the cigar is Ecuadorian/Nicaraguan/Dominican... won't be wandering out to the local tobacco barns, just sayin.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Bourbon just seems appropriate for such an occasion. Being a beer man a Taxman or a Quaff On (both?) will definitely be in the beer fridge on 1 July.

Now the cigar is Ecuadorian/Nicaraguan/Dominican... won't be wandering out to the local tobacco barns, just sayin.
    There are IN made bourbons (for the "Bourbon must be from KY crowd".... the mentioned MGP in Indiana makes a whole lot of the available bourbons).

I am no connoisseur of fine cigars, so you'll find no criticism from me on that.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There are IN made bourbons (for the "Bourbon must be from KY crowd".... the mentioned MGP in Indiana makes a whole lot of the available bourbons).

I am no connoisseur of fine cigars, so you'll find no criticism from me on that.
    Oh I am definitely not a connoisseur, but I do know what I like!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I know it's not 2a related, but I think the next push should be term limits for all state officials. That's including ISP Superintendent position.
    Term limits already exist, implicitly - at the ballot box. I'm of the opinion that people get who they vote (or choose not to vote) for.

But you do give me another idea: a push for chiefs of police to be elected, rather than appointed.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You guys are on your own on the state fair. Since they ruined the race track, I’m not going to lift a finger to help them do anything. Especially something that’ll get them more business.

Edit: if allowing carry there would decrease their business, maybe I should get involved :laugh:
    The area is no longer safe for me to take my family. As long as carry is statutorily prohibited, I will not return to the state fair. (Yes: concealed is concealed. But I will not implicitly support infringement of my rights by spending any of my money at the state fair.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    For anyone who needs some salt with their eggs this morning...

From the WTHR (spits on ground) website:

Indiana Democratic Party Chairman Mike Schmul released a statement on behalf of the party after the bill was signed, which read, in part:

“A majority of Hoosiers told Indiana Republicans directly they opposed permitless carry. State law enforcement echoed their opposition to the measure a year after Republicans defunded their departments. But unfortunately, Governor Eric Holcomb decided to put politics ahead of protecting the safety of Hoosier families by signing permitless carry into law."

A majority of Hoosiers, eh? Was there a majority of Hoosiers against gay marriage? Or (m)any of the other cockeyed leftist schemes that have been hoisted upon us over the past few years, Mikey?

Go bake yourself a cake, ya buttercup.
    My rights aren't up for a vote by the majority.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Ben Franklin (apocryphal/misattributed)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom