KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's great that you have so much enthusiasm. I don't see any of you swaying his decision at this point, if ever.
    Not really enthusiasm at this point, more like bound and determined to make the terminator look like a slacker.

We’ve never Been down this road this far before, might as well see where it goes.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Every one I send is different. Here is today’s version:

Sign HEA1296 into law!

I am disappointed you have yet to demonstrate conservative values and moral clarity on the issue of permitless carry. I am also disappointed you chose to appoint a State Police Superintendent who has used his office to put forth an “us vs. them”, “guilty until proven innocent” message to us and our elected representatives.

I know I speak for many Hoosiers when I say we are tired of being dumbed down to the lowest common denominator of society. 99.9% of us out here are the “good guys”. Over 20 other states (including our neighbor Ohio) have made permitless carry the law, without the dire consequences always predicted by Superintendent Carter, Moms Demand Action, etc.

You ARE choosing sides here, even through inaction, and we are watching very closely. As a Republican, we expect you to reflect our values and champion our rights.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    You’re very probably right. At this point though, what harm does it do to try? Other than do something BLM style, it’s about the only arrow left in our quiver.
    Not quite. In case Eric is arm twisting senators, might it be useful to contact the ones who voted yes previously to encourage them not to change their vote if and when an override becomes necessary? Just a thought.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not quite. In case Eric is arm twisting senators, might it be useful to contact the ones who voted yes previously to encourage them not to change their vote if and when an override becomes necessary? Just a thought.
    It probably wouldn’t hurt. My senator voted in favor of the bill. He was actually the guy that sponsored (I think that’s the right term) the bill in the senate. After the vote, I sent him a word of thanks for his work on it. It certainly would hurt for everyone whose legislator voted in favor to send them a word of thanks.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just called and wrote again. The staffer was a younger-sounding male, not someone I had spoken to before. I could almost see him shrug his shoulders when he said he would relay my message to the Governor. Maybe he’s just sick of answering calls about this.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I don't disagree. I wrote a thank you note like GFGT did and just fired this off to Alting in response to his reply to my thank you email (hopefully everything in the previous sentence tracks):

Good morning, Senator Alting,

As we await the governor’s action on HB 1296, I’m writing to request your support in overriding a possible veto by the governor. There’s a laundry list of errors in the testimony from those opposed to the bill, but I’ll just focus on a couple of glaring errors in their testimony below.

The superintendent of police testified that “we are guilty of all crimes until we prove our innocence” and that “switching the burden from the citizen is so wrong.” The officers opposing this bill, including “Indiana’s Top Cop” as he was called, believe that our justice system is built backwards. Comments like these are an insult to our system, history, and the American way.

The other claim that is perpetuated is that somehow permitless carry will endanger officers. But the simple truth is that repeated criminals simply don’t abide by permitting systems. A prime example of this is Mylik Hill who is the prime suspect in the shooting of an IMPD officer just last month:
    https://news.yahoo.com/officer-shot-fountain-square-condition-042312754.html
    “Hill remained in custody at Methodist Hospital on a warrant for theft and resisting law enforcement related to an incident in January. He was also wanted for a parole violation from a conviction for robbery and possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon, according to police.”

Indeed, we see over an over the need to law-abiding citizens to not have undue burdens, data collection, and the capabilities for self-defense. There are many other errors, but I value your time and will spare you the book. Common sense measures like HB 1296 are what law-abiding Hoosiers need. Thank your for your support in passing it and I hope we can count on your support if we need it again.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
    JEB

I just called and wrote again. The staffer was a younger-sounding male, not someone I had spoken to before. I could almost see him shrug his shoulders when he said he would relay my message to the Governor. Maybe he’s just sick of answering calls about this.
    I got a similar feeling. If they want the calls to stop, all Holcomb has to do is sign it.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Here's my note:

"Hello Governor. Please veto HB 1296.

As a career criminal, I am wholly opposed to the unlicensed carrying of firearms. The financial impact of this bill to me and my community will be substantial. If I have any doubt about someone not carrying a firearm, I will be hesitant to accost, beat and rob said person. Then, what will the drug dealers and property fencers in my community do to replace that revenue?

Your Covid lockdown nearly put me out of business, what with no drunks staggering home from bars or seniors being alone in parking lots after dark, especially with daylight saving time, but that is another email.

Please, be on the right side of history and don't impact my ability to make a living. I'd offer to vote for you in return, but as a multiple-times convicted felon, I can't do that.

p.s. Maybe I can get you alot of votes if I ballot harvest, but I don't think it pays as much as armed robbery."

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Here's my note:

As a career criminal, I am wholly opposed to the unlicensed carrying of firearms. The financial impact of this bill to me and my community will be substantial. If I have any doubt about someone not carrying a firearm, I will be hesitant to accost, beat and rob said person. Then, what will the drug dealers and property fencers in my community do to replace that revenue?

Your Covid lockdown nearly put me out of business, what with no drunks staggering home from bars or seniors being alone in parking lots after dark, especially with daylight saving time, but that is another email.

Please, be on the right side of history and don't impact my ability to make a living. I'd offer to vote for you in return, but as a multiple-times convicted felon, I can't do that.

p.s. Maybe I can get you alot of votes if I ballot harvest, but I don't think it pays as much as armed robbery."
    That is brilliant. You should send it.

While you’re at it, would you please thank him for all the times they’ve “caught and released” you in Marion County?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's my note:

AWESOME!!

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Here's my note:

"Hello Governor.

Please veto HB 1296.

If sending it, I'd move the please veto to the bottom. They might literally only read the first line.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Miguel, you’ve inspired me to testify on similar issues in the future. I’ll just go in, signing up to oppose instead of support, then, at the beginning of my testimony, make a disclaimer that the following is fiction, to illustrate a point. Well played, sir. Very, very well played.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Miguel, you’ve inspired me to testify on similar issues in the future. I’ll just go in, signing up to oppose instead of support, then, at the beginning of my testimony, make a disclaimer that the following is fiction, to illustrate a point. Well played, sir. Very, very well played.
    Excellent!

The more I think about this, the better it sounds. Show up at a Mom's Demand march with a sign, "FELONS FOR GUN CONTROL!"

I mean, they can bust you for impersonating a LEO, but not a felon, right? :D

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Excellent!

The more I think about this, the better it sounds. Show up at a Mom's Demand march with a sign, "FELONS FOR GUN CONTROL!"

I mean, they can bust you for impersonating a LEO, but not a felon, right? :D
    You'd almost surely (contact a lawyer) be protected under freedom of speech since it's parody.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom